Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2009, 10:30 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,661,840 times

Advertisements

quote=alanMolstad;11195008]topic lost....

conversation ....is there any?[/quote].........................................................

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2009, 03:34 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,762,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
I think attacking her personally is very unChrist like. And then to go along with it is even worse.

Keep showing the true colors folks. They always do in the end.

Wow ... Hotinaz ... We attacked her?

She said ...

Quote:
It is beyond me how a group of "so-called" christians can sit there, in your seats and type all this crap about how much you know
So called Christians? Typing "crap" ?

and ...

Quote:
.rattleing off your little verses that you've picked up from someone somewhere that you can try and twist to support your lies
and ...
Quote:
You are all so deceived...SO BLIND...I'm just stunned at the ignorance
and ...

Quote:
None of you believe the Written Word. None of you! It's no secret
and...

Quote:
THAT THEY WILL NOT ENTER INTO THE KINGDOM OF GOD!!! EVER!!!
and ...
Quote:
So stop quoting verses from a Sacred Book, that is divinely inspired by God Himself, and respected by true Christians, who live and breath and stand upon and walk by!!
and ...

Quote:
You're lost...
Yet we are the ones not being Christ like and attacking her?

Come off you persecution complex and realize she attacked us. With all caps. and exclamation marks. She is screaming and yelling about how we are not true Christians ... Yet we are the ones who are showing our true colors?

Get real will you. She is the one getting all crazy and your only defending her because she agrees with your theological position.

Please don't act like you guys are the ones being threatened and treated badly.

It is obvious who is attacking who. Her comment is fairly dripping with contempt and hate.

Grow up will ya. This is a forum for debate, if you don't agree that is fine, but come off the victim gimmick.

Old 10-15-2009, 04:08 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
The Verna post in my opinion was a smackdown on all who disagree with her interpretation of the scriptures , and obviously if you don't believe in eternal torment you are being very unchrist like , because Christ will eternally torment all who do not agree with Verna's interpretation of the scriptures.
Verna you are getting upset over nothing , Jesus was never moved by anything like this , He was more interested in addressing the solution to what was coming out of the abundance of a man's heart , namely the attitude of a man's heart.Instead of reacting in the carnal realm,Bless them that curse you, do good to the despise you , turn the other cheek, love your enemies,do unto others as you would have them do unto you , what does it matter to anyone how much you love and worship the bible , if the scriptures are not doing a work in your heart ? .
Verna i am pretty sure you do love June even though you probably have never met her personally , but there is no doubt to anyone who knows what you believe regarding eternal torment and the destiny of all who do not agree with your interpretation of the scriptures, that there is no free passes to those who you love and don't believe(and unfortunately June this includes you)

Old 10-15-2009, 06:21 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,154,907 times
I admit that Verna is passionate about what she believes, and it is well shown in her posts. But to say to take a pill because of her behavior? And then pat each other on the back for the comment? Where is that included in the debate? Sorry if I didn't see the "joke", as I thought it was an insult.

And who says I never sin? I only wish this were true.

And who says I chewed my pastor out, since I don't even have one.

And who says I am on a victim gimmic? Why would I. My anger is not that overcame and controlled that I need to back down and play a victim. Ask me or come see me, and then find out. I know, very UnChristlike, but I admit it, humbly. Lots of carnal left in this body.

sundance wrote:
Quote:
I cannot tolerate self-righteous hypocrisy.
Good, because I am not self righteous.

Sorry sundance if your post was meant like a funny, but I did not see it that way, initially. Sorry for the confusion, and I apologize for jumping the gun in her defense. Forgive me.

Old 10-15-2009, 06:25 AM

3,067 posts, read 4,104,406 times
Move on people....move on.

Old 10-15-2009, 06:40 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,213,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
My question is this ...

Have you ever known someone and loved them truly, either a friend or a family member, who was not a Christian and has died?
Yes I have...and the saddest thing about it is that they had a lot of regrets in the end. What most people forget is that God wants to be one with us...this is what He created us for and most of us have lost sight of that completely. We don't live for Him like we should. We are too involved in the carnal life and sometimes no better than unbelievers. We are told to DENY OURSELVES COMPLETELY, PICK UP OUR CROSS AND FOLLOW HIM, FOLLOW HIS COMMANDMENTS, LOVE OUR NEIGHBORS AS OURSELVES, LOVE OUR ENEMIES AND BLESS THEM, BE PERFECT AS OUR FATHER IS PERFECT, DON'T LOVE THE WORLD OR ANYTHING IN THE WORLD...FOR ON ONE WILL ENTER INTO THE KINGDOM WHO IS NOT PURE AND PERFECT. There is more to salvation than just saying some I believe Jesus is my savior prayer. All of us are way too carnal and we love the world way too much...so like those who die without knowing God, we are no better and should examine our own lives.

Does anyone here think they meet the qualifications of entrance into the Kingdom yet? I know I sure don't...and anyone who is truly honest with themselves will agree.

Old 10-15-2009, 06:55 AM

1,952 posts, read 4,790,471 times
Quote:
And who says I never sin? I only wish this were true.

And who says I chewed my pastor out, since I don't even have one.
I wasn't referring to you.

Quote:
Sorry sundance if your post was meant like a funny, but I did not see it that way, initially. Sorry for the confusion, and I apologize for jumping the gun in her defense. Forgive me.
There's nothing to forgive, but you at least, show a little humility, which is refreshing, on this board.....

Old 10-15-2009, 06:56 AM

3,067 posts, read 4,104,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Does anyone here think they meet the qualifications of entrance into the Kingdom yet? I know I sure don't...and anyone who is truly honest with themselves will agree.
I cant speak for you, but I can speak for myself.
As a Good Christian, I "KNOW" that I have the qualifications as given in the Bible for entering into the Kingdom.

I dont just think this, I KNOW this....

Old 10-15-2009, 07:06 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,235,190 times
Originally Posted by HotinAZ
Quote:
I think attacking her personally is very unChrist like. And then to go along with it is even worse.

Keep showing the true colors folks. They always do in the end.
Quote:
I admit that Verna is passionate about what she believes, and it is well shown in her posts. But to say to take a pill because of her behavior? And then pat each other on the back for the comment? Where is that included in the debate? Sorry if I didn't see the "joke", as I thought it was an insult.
Are you saying that insulting people or using 'venomous' sarcasm is not Christ like behaviour?
If you believe that it is possible to speak without insulting people, what would you then call Jesus calling the Pharisees hypocrites?
And is calling someone a hypocrite not also personal?
And isn't it insulting to the rich to proclaim that it is easier for a camel to crawl through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter heaven?

Old 10-15-2009, 07:08 AM

1,952 posts, read 4,790,471 times
Quote:
But I'm not relying on my own qualifications, as I have none. I'm relying on the blood of Jesus Christ, which is the most powerful thing in the universe.

That is the only thing that will save any of us. We cannot be "good enough," if we could, then His death on the cross was in vain.

Our only qualification, our only "pass," if you will, is that we are covered by the blood of Christ.

I rely on nothing but His blood.

I know others will say, "but you must ALSO do X, Y, and Z," no; you are adding to what He said. Yes we are to live Christ-like lives and follow Him, faith without works is dead, but that is not what actually saves us.
It is being covered in His blood - one of His.

John 10:27:

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity