Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What Do You Consider As America's Most Unique City?
Boston 9 2.43%
New York City 49 13.24%
Washington, D.C. 28 7.57%
Philadelphia 13 3.51%
Chicago 13 3.51%
St. Louis 6 1.62%
Miami 15 4.05%
New Orleans 126 34.05%
San Francisco 55 14.86%
Los Angeles 11 2.97%
Seattle 11 2.97%
Other (please specify) 34 9.19%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 11:31 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,703,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome Danny View Post
Show me stuff like Chinatown, Jackson Heights, architecture resembling countries that they have enclaves for, cultural food and things like that and we can say you've done a good job. Show things no other city has. Don't just post an article that does not in any single way shape or form address the criteria.

But all you did do was show an article saying "New York City has surpassed London as the best city in the world". How is that in any single way out there saying "New York City is the most unique city in America"? It just proves its the best.

Like seriously dude, I have seen your posts the past and its cool, you really love home and thats perfectly fine but you cant go into threads saying only New York City for everything without proving it in actuality, and throwing these pointless articles in there to make your case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
i've already done that and it wasn't good enough for the ppl in here.

i know you aren't them, but yeah. just saying.

ny isn't good enough for the ppl on CD, to be honest. nothing will convince ppl who are hellbent on not liking ny that ny is a great, unique city. no amount of visual evidence is good enough for these ppl.
I agree a lot with eek. I already have shown a lot of pictures in the past, and still people will say that NYC is not that great. This is why I was stating that people knows what NYC is all about. However they do not want to acknowledge it. Then they blame us NYers for being arrogant etc...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2010, 11:46 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,055,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
I agree a lot with eek. I already have shown a lot of pictures in the past, and still people will say that NYC is not that great. This is why I was stating that people knows what NYC is all about. However they do not want to acknowledge it. Then they blame us NYers for being arrogant etc...
Did I blame you for being arrogant? Did I ever once say, "Hey look everybody this nycricanpapi mofo over here is being an arrogant New Yorker". lol Did I say that? Because I sure don't play it that way, I'm not one of those trash like posters that b**** and whine and then call people from certain cities arrogant to prove a point. lol

On another note, how am I supposed to know if you post pictures and what not before in the past? I am not out stalking peoples posts...
The point is, do you agree or not that you used the most trash like and irrelevant link (for this topic) to try to prove a point with an article that simply did not support your case at all?

If you said/showed anything that would prove your point then I wouldn't be questioning it. I don't live in New York City, I just got done visiting it recently for the fourth time, and I looked at the whole place from a tourist point of view, which doesn't say much.

EDIT: Oh okay you meant other people calling you arrogant New Yorker and not me, I think?

Last edited by DANNYY; 08-23-2010 at 12:10 AM.. Reason: Grammar was disturbing me

Old 08-23-2010, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome Danny View Post
Did I blame you for being arrogant? Did I ever once say, "Hey look everybody this nycricanpapi mofo over here is being an arrogant New Yorker". lol Did I say that? Because I sure don't play it that way, I'm not one of those trash like posters that b**** and whine and then call people from certain cities arrogant to prove a point. lol

On another note, how am I supposed to know if you post pictures and what not before in the past? I am not out stalking peoples posts...
The point is, do you agree or not that you used the most trash like and irrelevant link (for this topic) to try to prove a point with an article that simply did not support your case at all?

If you said/showed anything that would prove your point then I wouldn't be questioning it. I don't live in New York City, I just got done visiting it recently for the fourth time, and I looked at the whole place from a tourist point of view, which doesn't say much.

EDIT: Oh okay you meant other people calling you arrogant New Yorker and not me, I think?
Yeah I meant the other people.

Old 08-23-2010, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
oh, quit your crying. new york is the most unique city in the world. happy?
NYC in fact is the most unique city in the world... but some people do not want to accept it.

What NYC has that no other city has:

-24 hour transportation,

-Ethnicities of every kind

-Different types of restaurants

-Biggest metropolitan zoo

-Hip Hop was born in NYC

- We are trendsetters

etc..

Old 08-23-2010, 12:26 AM

5,092 posts, read 8,850,558 times
Quote:
NYC in fact is the most unique city in the world
not a fact, but an opinion. which is what we all have here. in order for it to be a fact, it would have to be proven

Old 08-23-2010, 12:28 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,668,735 times
Quote:
NYC in fact is the most unique city in the world... but some people do not want to accept it.

-24 hour transportation,

-Hip Hop was born in NYC

- We are trendsetters

etc..
Nope, not a "fact' at all. The only thing not being accepted here is NYers not accepting the opinions of the majority of the people on this thread feeling other cities are more unique, in particular New Orleans, then getting all butt hurt and defensive about it like usual. Again, it's nothing against the city but with some of the posters in here. Same ****, different day.........

Old 08-23-2010, 12:36 AM

2,943 posts, read 5,076,762 times
Quote:

-24 hour transportation,
Chicago Transit Authority

Quote:
LA, Chicago, DC, SF Bay Area, Houston, Miami, Dallas, Atlanta, Boston, Philadelphia, etc.

Quote:
LA, Chicago, DC, SF Bay Area, Houston, Miami, Dallas, Atlanta, Boston, Philadelphia, etc.

Quote:
San Diego Zoo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
-Hip Hop was born in NYC
And now it lives in Minneapolis.
Rhymesayers Entertainment :: Home

Quote:
- We are trendsetters

etc..
So are LA and the SF Bay Area.

Old 08-23-2010, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastSideMKE View Post
Chicago Transit Authority

Is chicago transit transportation 24 hours?

San Diego Zoo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

San Diego has the biggest zoo but not the biggest metropolitan zoo.

And now it lives in Minneapolis.
Rhymesayers Entertainment :: Home

It lives every where now because NYC invented Hip Hop.

So are LA and the SF Bay Area.

NYC is the major trendsetters though. Remember When the fashion of using shirts of " I love" came about? It was due to NYC. NY started that fashion. Every city immitates NYC in the way we dress.

Old 08-23-2010, 12:58 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,668,735 times
Quote:
San Diego has the biggest zoo but not the biggest metropolitan zoo.
What is a metropolitan zoo? A zoo in a metropolitan area? SD's zoo is less then a mile from downtown.

Old 08-23-2010, 02:18 AM

62 posts, read 80,057 times
lol I voted for LA non Bias though. I think it's unique because there's no city in America that can really relate to LA. LA is a city far different then most Major U.S. cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City