Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2015, 01:43 PM

893 posts, read 1,343,310 times

Advertisements

^ That's awesome
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2015, 01:46 PM

120 posts, read 229,174 times
Ate at Moore's BBQ for lunch. Though it was really packed, the drive-through was really fast. The small barbecue plate with brunswick stew was great!!

Old 09-21-2015, 02:26 PM

455 posts, read 528,229 times
michealbond and Phil A. Delphia

UNX I believe has a standing price on their building at 1 million maybe a little more. I would love to see it retrofitted with mixed-use. Those three red buildings are all owned by the Greenville Times owner, I know at one point two of them were for sale though the owner is likely holding them now with all the increased activity. They need some work inside. That last one you showed, I believe is for rent and not for sale. Regardless I like all of these and I'm glad at least some of the old/original architecture has survived. Much that was in Greenville seems to have been lost and it is these types of properties that give a city character. I am excited to see what becomes of them. Really a well of potential in the Dickenson Ave area.

Old 09-21-2015, 03:33 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,261,994 times
Groundbreaking held in Greenville for series of mini pocket parks | WNCT

Old 09-22-2015, 05:25 AM

144 posts, read 189,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post

Are there any plans in the works for this building near the corner of Pitt & Dickinson? Greco has moved out of this location and over to the building next to it on Pitt.
This also raises the question about how the proposed street realignment in the Dickinson Avenue District will affect existing buildings. Does anyone have the expertise and the time to overlay the current street alignment with the proposed street alignment and include existing properties like this one and the recently announced Sidewalk properties project? It would be interesting to see how they fit the new proposed street alignment.

It would also be interesting to know when the street realignment project is scheduled to take place, given the real estate transactions going on in this district and if the money that will be used to do the project is part of the existing fiscal year budget, from some other source, or if money exists to do the project at all.

Old 09-22-2015, 01:55 PM

1,219 posts, read 1,552,876 times
Snooping around Loopnet, I found a new mixed-use development proposed on 10th Street next to the Papa John's Pizza / Bike Shop near Campus.

1400 E 10th St, Greenville, NC 27858

Used to be some old trailers on that hill. This development will be 1000x better than anything that was there before it. Amazing how smaller developments like this can be huge in the long run.

Old 09-22-2015, 03:01 PM

111 posts, read 148,743 times
That looks great but I haven't heard a word about it. Those plans are also from 2013.

Old 09-22-2015, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBPirate View Post
That looks great but I haven't heard a word about it. Those plans are also from 2013.
True, but the listing was updated today, so plans may have just recently been approved. It was proposed in 2013, but we all know that things can take a long time to get approved.

1400 East 10th Street, Greenville, NC, 27858 - Multifamily (land) Property for Sale on LoopNet.com

Hope it's true cause it looks really nice. The Loopnet site has quite a few of the newer developments that have been covered/announced on this forum, so I usually consider it to be a valid site to look to.

Old 09-23-2015, 09:47 AM

120 posts, read 229,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michealbond View Post
True, but the listing was updated today, so plans may have just recently been approved. It was proposed in 2013, but we all know that things can take a long time to get approved.

1400 East 10th Street, Greenville, NC, 27858 - Multifamily (land) Property for Sale on LoopNet.com

Hope it's true cause it looks really nice. The Loopnet site has quite a few of the newer developments that have been covered/announced on this forum, so I usually consider it to be a valid site to look to.
Guys, when you find things like this on loopnet it's for the sheer purpose of showing the potential for the site. Lots of developers/companies, nowadays, look for ready to go sites. So, drawing like this and the five pages attached to the listing on loopnet would be carried by the real estate agent (in this case, Jon Day) to expos and to certain developers/companies. There are many different summits, expos and conferences that you would take something like this to show the site's potential. Most larger sites, handled in a proactive way, will have something like this available. Take the site on the corner of Evans and Fire Tower that someone showed a few weeks ago, it is only to show the possibility of the land, to give developers an idea of what could go there- and at this point, there is (typically) no real plan of doing such a development... To give you an example, this is typically how it goes-

A.) For this mixed use site- You call up your developer contacts or companies who build and manage mixed-use sites and say "hey, if you have any interest in Greenville, this would be a great site!

and

B.) You go to expos (find a developer/company who does the type of developments you are looking for at the site, this case mixed use development) and say, have you heard of Greenville, NC? it's growing really quickly! We have a great site for you!!

They may look at it and say :I have actually been looking into the Greenville market for some time, now, and this is a perfect time to have this conversation. We are certainly interested in the site and we need to go punch some numbers. If or when they get serious, typically disregard the proposed drawings for the most part and draw up what works for them. Maybe they just want housing or just want retail...

It is said that the typical deal, that actually goes through, takes on average 3 years- from the first conversation you have with the interested party to the opening of the structure.

Old 09-23-2015, 11:12 AM

Thanks for clearing that up NCPlanner. After reading through that site verycarefully, I do see that the listing is only for a potential mixed-use site, not something that has actually been approved or planned. Sorry for getting hopes up! I feel like such a dunce!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina