Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2012, 12:18 AM

1,810 posts, read 2,766,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
I never wanted to try that place, any restaurant with tasty and ville in it, gets no respect from me. lol but anyways I'm with whoever said they wish Fudruckers was back, if they renovate that damn theatre so it could actually draw people then maybe they could open back up.
When he closed Fuddrucker's the owner said he had been counting on the development of a shopping center adjacent to the Carmike to increase its sales, but the plan for the shopping center (which IIRC was to be named Greenville Gables) fell through when its developer couldn't find enough tenants to prior to construction. This was during the really bad economic times of a couple years ago. The owner said he might be interested in Greenville again, but maybe in another location. Of course, I've heard business owners say this before, but it rarely happens. It'd probably be cheaper to operate out of a strip mall unit (like Five Guys and BW3's do) than to be responsible for the costs of a free-standing building.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2012, 09:09 AM

33 posts, read 69,706 times
I highly doubt they're going to renovate the theater. I could be wrong but I doubt that's why people don't go. It's just to easy to get good entertainment for cheap now, i.e. netflix, hulu, and redbox/blockbuster, and let's be honest thepiratebay.com. My wife and I are on a pretty tight budget and NEVER went to the theater for a few years but only recently started going because we know the manager. Alfredo is real nice guy I like to support business of people that are friendly and respectful. So we go fairly regularly now, especially since my wife felt the need to get that darn popcorn bucket. I guess she felt that I needed to put on a few pounds

Old 06-02-2012, 10:33 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,443,006 times
The other theatre is profitable because it's new, but the old theatre is pretty (excuse my language) but s-h-i-t-t-y, so in order to compete with the new theatre they need to renovate. The surrounding demographics are much better at the old theatre but they (Carmike) fails to realize that. And your right, a lot of people are on a budget and use Netflix, Hulu, etc but when a new movie comes out such as MIB III, or Avengers theatres continue to profit. (btw do you have any suggestions for movies on Netflix? lol I have it but irately use it because it's mostly TV shows now). And haha I need to lose a few pounds, not having a job and being out of school is adding pounds by the day (not really, my doctor said I lost 7 pounds but it feels like I'm gaining lol).

Regarding Fudruckers, I doubt that the same owner would open here again. But I wouldn't say they won't open here again, I say they'll be back in another 10 years or less.

Btw I had to go to the ER yesterday to visit a family member and I could only think "Vidant & ECU have a great partnership and they make serious cash." I haven't been to the ER in years, but when I went yesterday I saw all new buildings on the left hand side that were pretty huge. Do they belong to ECU or Vidant, or both? It's amazing to see all the growth.

Old 06-02-2012, 12:07 PM

68 posts, read 119,804 times
does anybody know about the construction on the mall between belk mens and old steve and barrys

Old 06-02-2012, 04:32 PM

Something is being constructed there? Finally! That was one of my visions for making the mall better rather it's a park or additional stores it's great that something is being constructed.

Old 06-02-2012, 06:42 PM

68 posts, read 119,804 times
i dont know if its construction or not

Old 06-03-2012, 12:42 PM

5,504 posts, read 6,249,488 times
BMB your post about Tasty-ville made me laugh.My husband said the same thing when we passed by the other day & compared it to The Sanitary[/b] restaurant down on the Coast, saying he wouldn't eat in there just because of the name. Let us not forget we can always go to Dixie Queen & Mayflower for fresh, delicious, broiled seafood.

Old 06-03-2012, 01:17 PM

2,309 posts, read 6,105,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
Dixie Queen & Mayflower for fresh, delicious, broiled seafood.
You're not getting broiled anything from the grease pit in Winterville.

Old 06-03-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
BMB your post about Tasty-ville made me laugh.My husband said the same thing when we passed by the other day & compared it to The Sanitary[/b] restaurant down on the Coast, saying he wouldn't eat in there just because of the name. Let us not forget we can always go to Dixie Queen & Mayflower for fresh, delicious, broiled seafood.
Lol people need to think before they name their restaurants. If I named a high end, 5-Star restaurant "The Dirty Creek" I wouldn't expect anyone to eat there but if I named it "The Four Seasons" or something along those lines it may do well. And I haven't ate at either of those in a long time, I prefer Dixie Queen over Mayflower though.

Old 06-03-2012, 05:13 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,262,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post

Btw I had to go to the ER yesterday to visit a family member and I could only think "Vidant & ECU have a great partnership and they make serious cash." I haven't been to the ER in years, but when I went yesterday I saw all new buildings on the left hand side that were pretty huge. Do they belong to ECU or Vidant, or both? It's amazing to see all the growth.
Which buildings? The ones on the southern side (near Stantonsburg) is PCMH owned. For the most part, the ones on the northern side are ECU owned.

ECU owned: Brody building, ECHI@ECU, Family Medicine Center, Ross Hall, Allied Health Building, Moye Medical 1 and 2. Plus a few other smaller buildings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina