Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2018, 06:23 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times

Advertisements

I have done so poorly in our annual family pool I just want to see the bowl season over and yet, that means the end of the football season for another 7 months. At least I did have Bama. I really think they are unbeatable. I have a feeling our granddaughter and her hubby are not happy right now. They are OU grads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2018, 07:08 AM

12,950 posts, read 13,346,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
Have to give credit to Oklahoma for fighting to the end. But that defense is horrible.
Yep, it allowed a mediocre Texas to score 48 in October. So no surprise there.

Old 12-30-2018, 08:24 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,256,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Sooners are getting smoked. I hate to say it, but a Bama-Georgia rematch probably should have happened.
Kyler Murray failed. He held onto the football too long, ran into brick walls, and failed to produce points to win a game. Oklahoma needs a better quarterback.

Old 12-30-2018, 08:46 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,256,961 times
I have seen bad officiating by blind mice and zebras this season. Bad officiating was present in the Orange Bowl game. Alabama going out of bounds should not count as a touchdown. Alabama displaying unsportsmanlike conduct on an Oklahoma scoring drive should not count as penalties on Oklahoma.

Referees and ESPN are on Alabama's payroll.

Old 12-30-2018, 10:32 AM

7,595 posts, read 6,089,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt AZ View Post
..:::YAWN:::...

We have yet another Clemson vs Alabama...
Now COLT There are other fun games to watch

Come out here to Tampa for the OUTBACK BOWL. Yes, you can LOSE 4 GAMES and still play on New Years Day !

Or stay in Arizona and watch the Fiesta Bowl. There are people in Orlando FL who have strong opinions as to why the undefeated Knights of UCF were not included in the playoffs.
Granted, they will be without their million dollar QB to work his magic, but the way LSU has played at times this year, they may not need him

Old 12-30-2018, 11:06 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,613,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Now COLT There are other fun games to watch

Come out here to Tampa for the OUTBACK BOWL. Yes, you can LOSE 4 GAMES and still play on New Years Day !

Or stay in Arizona and watch the Fiesta Bowl. There are people in Orlando FL who have strong opinions as to why the undefeated Knights of UCF were not included in the playoffs.
Granted, they will be without their million dollar QB to work his magic, but the way LSU has played at times this year, they may not need him
Actually, Cat Man, the Fiesta Bowl sounds more like a plan than many of these other so-so match-ups.

We in Arizona are always being made to watch the (shudder) Arizona Cardinals because the powers-that-be believe Arizonans actually want to! So guess what? They put it on the tube!

I wish that Clemson and Alabama weren't slowly losing their attraction...

But, I mean, after the FOURTH time?

Pleez.

Old 12-30-2018, 01:35 PM

10,503 posts, read 7,043,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I'm starting to feel bad for Notre Dame fans. How many times can you get your hopes up to have them come crashing down on top of you?

I don't feel sorry for them at all. Notre Dame fans have this weird sense of entitlement to them, when actually it is a fraud of a program that has been coasting on brand equity for at least a generation. It has been propped up by NBC and lazy sportswriters. This was patently obvious yesterday when they were pantsed yet again.

Need proof? The last eight times the Irish (I won't dignify them with the term "Fighting") have made it to a decent bowl, they have predictably performed the el foldo. https://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...ss-cotton-bowl

In other words, live up to your hype. Notre Dame. As it is, you get exposed more regularly than a stripper working overtime.

Old 12-30-2018, 03:39 PM

32,113 posts, read 34,732,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Kyler Murray failed. He held onto the football too long, ran into brick walls, and failed to produce points to win a game. Oklahoma needs a better quarterback.
Kyler Murray didn't give up 28 points in the first half. OU came within striking distance in the 4th quarter, narrowing the lead to 11, but Bama continued to score. Murray threw for 300+ yards with 2 TDs and ran for 100+. I don't really think you can lay the loss at his feet alone. Bama was simply a better team.

Old 12-30-2018, 03:44 PM

32,113 posts, read 34,732,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt AZ View Post
I wish that Clemson and Alabama weren't slowly losing their attraction...

But, I mean, after the FOURTH time?

Pleez.
I'm actually more intrigued than ever since we're dealing with arguably the 2 best QBs in college football going head to head. When's the last time that happened? Young vs Leinart?

It should be an interesting game. IMO it's the best matchup we could have hoped for. Both teams are pretty similar with strong running games, elite QB play, strong defensive fronts that are great at stuffing the run, and less than spectacular secondaries. Both also have inconsistent special teams play.

As great as Bama's air attack is, Clemson's has the potential to be better. They have a taller QB (6'6 vs 6'0) who has a stronger arm than Tua. TBH, he's a much better arm talent even if talent is not what will determine the outcome of next Monday's game. Bama has speedsters in Jeudy, Ruggs and Waddle, but they are small guys. Waddle is listed at 5'10, which means he's really about 5'8.5. Higgins and Ross are 6'5 and 6'4, respectively, and they both have speed. I think it's going to come down to who can protect the QB the best, but on paper, I'd give an edge to the Clemson passing game even if it hasn't been as statistically prolific as Bama's. They are going to be a problem for college defenses over the next couple of years.

I'm not expecting either team to get much done on the ground.

Last edited by BajanYankee; 12-30-2018 at 03:56 PM..

Old 12-30-2018, 04:19 PM

2,141 posts, read 1,388,011 times
Here's the last part of bowl picks.

(17) Cincinnati vs. Virginia Tech
Pittsburgh vs. Stanford
Michigan State vs. Oregon
Missouri vs. Oklahoma State
Northwestern vs. (21) Utah
NC State vs. (25) Texas A&M
Iowa vs. Mississippi State
(23) Kentucky vs. (18) Penn State
(16) LSU vs. (5) UCF
(4) Ohio State vs. (8) Washington
(10) Georgia vs. (15) Texas

Pick Overall Record: 229-141
Pick Record Last Time: 7-6

Here are mine. Not doing to do summaries as i'm dealing with personal issues at the moment. Won't do the same for the natty games, though.

(17) Cincinnati vs. Virginia Tech
Pittsburgh vs. Stanford
Michigan State vs. Oregon
Missouri vs. Oklahoma State
Northwestern vs. (21) Utah
NC State vs. (25) Texas A&M
Iowa vs. Mississippi State
(23) Kentucky vs. (18) Penn State
(16) LSU vs. (5) UCF
(4) Ohio State vs. (8) Washington
(10) Georgia vs. (15) Texas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football