Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2012, 03:33 PM

19,054 posts, read 13,968,817 times

Advertisements

The reason I've been endearing myself to the "left" lately is because it's quite obvious that when the "right" doesn't like something, they do everything they can to ensure you're not allowed to do it either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2012, 03:44 PM

20,396 posts, read 14,667,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
The reason I've been endearing myself to the "left" lately is because it's quite obvious that when the "right" doesn't like something, they do everything they can to ensure you're not allowed to do it either.

Aye, but the "left" is under the very mistaken impression that their politicians actually CARE about them, and that if their leaders take their money in taxes, they will actually use it for socially beneficial purposes. The leaders of the left are more sneaky in their corruption. The leaders of the right are straight up terrifying on their faces. Hence, for me, the logical Libertarian label, which lies neither left nor right.

But don't try too hard to explain the concept of tolerance to our friend here. There is always Google.

Old 11-13-2012, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
But don't try too hard to explain the concept of tolerance to our friend here. There is always Google.
I'm a billionaire, scientist/inventor, I'm the sexiest man alive and my real name is Airborneguy. Don't believe me? Too bad, look it up on Google.

Old 11-13-2012, 04:04 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,464,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post

Unfortunately, it's popular to characterize marijuana users as innocent users of a harmless substance. In fact, they are knowingly engaging in a federally illegal act, supporting a clandestine and often violent criminal network to get the drugs, and often engaging in numerous forms of deception to hide their drug use from employers, co-workers, law enforcement, and others. I hardly consider those folks "pillars of character," yet a lot of those folks may be attracted to Colorado because of the new pot law. These people seem to carry on the failed 1960's mantra of "If it feels good, just do it," and "It's not really wrong if I don't get caught." No wonder the country is so screwed up.
However if the feds decide to let the law stand then they will essentially not be breaking any laws, will not have to hide in Colorado and could in fact be pillars of the community who choose to have a smoke as well as a glass of wine.

Old 11-13-2012, 05:51 PM

18,022 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allprolab View Post
This is all laughable. For one, you act as if cannabis use doesn't exist elsewhere. Second, good luck trying to escape to areas where alcohol isn't prevalent. You're worried about people getting stoned and being mellow when alcohol causes much bigger problems in society. Sounds like you're the one stuck in the 60's mentality.
I'd like to sit here and be open-minded about the issue but it's you pro-weed cultists that keep spewing the same garbage.

For one thing, Jazz did not deny that it exitst elsewhere. He said that it's disproportionately prevalent here. Do you not read all of these posts?

Secondly, the argument of weed vs. booze is a weak one because only 10% of people are prone to become alcoholics, some of which reform and another 10% are prone to being hard drinkers who once given a sufficiently strong reason, stop or moderate. Because PC-prone dorks have such a loud voice these days, a moderate drinker can hardly go to a fine restaurant or to a park or fishing and enjoy a glass of wine or a beer.

You have a monetary agenda and I can smell you coming a mile away. Oh, and weed smells like chit.

Old 11-13-2012, 05:57 PM

665 posts, read 1,295,585 times
Right, you've shown such open mindedness. *huge eye roll*. You project your own problems with substance abuse as the way it is for everyone. Which not only is wrong, it makes you pretty darn hypocritical.

Feel free to argue back to me but I won't reply. I haven't replied to anything you've said because, quite frankly, you sound like a huge idiot.

Last edited by allprolab; 11-13-2012 at 06:08 PM..

Old 11-13-2012, 06:17 PM

26,218 posts, read 49,052,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbre44 View Post
We are waiting to see the Fed response before deciding. With children, it just doesn't seem appropriate to live here with this law.
Okay. But where will you go when the Federal Govt delists MJ from its Class I designation and thereby legalize MJ nationwide, like alcohol?
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 11-13-2012, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allprolab View Post
I haven't replied to anything you've said because, quite frankly, you sound like a huge idiot.
Back at you. I've got an IQ of 140 but I don't think it's a worthwhile use of my time proving it here on this topic.

Oh, and btw, I have never been a drug addict. I smoked weed from time to time throughout my life and have been able to quit cold-turkey whenever I felt it necessary. It wasn't easy. It was also not easy to be a user of the stuff given its availability. When I smoked the stuff I didn't usually settle for that ditch weed that was fairly easy to get, but usually held out for the good stuff that was much more expensive, but you only needed a hit or two to get a good buzz. This implies familiarity with folks who sell the stuff and it also implies more risk.

So glad that once I found a recovery from my favorite drug/food alcohol, I was able to achieve the natural "high" aka state of consciousness and I didn't need or want the stuff anymore.

There again, if you can handle and enjoy the stuff, great. But I just don't think this Amendment 64 was well-concieved. I'll say it again; to the ordinary user, I think it will probably be easier to get and cheaper prior to the passing of this amendment, assuming it doesn't get killed as unconstitutional. I also think it's going to harm the cause of those who have fought so hard to get the stuff legalized for medicinal uses. But those selfish and self-centered folks out there don't really give a damn about them, do you?

Old 11-13-2012, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
...assuming it doesn't get killed as unconstitutional.
The US Constitution doesn't mention drugs at all. It certainly does not mention marijuana.

Old 11-13-2012, 06:37 PM

Quote:
"the devil is in the details," said pueblo county sheriff kirk taylor, who publicly opposed the measure. "all we have right now is the amendment. As law enforcement, we don't necessarily enforce an amendment. We enforce statutes that flow out of that amendment and statutes are built out of the legislature."

taylor also said it's possible for the federal government to place an injunction on colorado. "it's my theory that could be the next stop in getting some kind of legal opinion to see if (the amendment) violates the U.S. Constitution."
This is what the Pueblo County Sheriff said. His words, not mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado