Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2014, 07:09 AM
PJA

2,462 posts, read 3,174,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampaguita View Post
So why should anyone but the person in the sexual act have to pay for vasectomies and viagara?

Such hypocrisy from the right as per usual.

They shouldn't have too. But if they choose too then that's their decision.

Old 07-11-2014, 07:59 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
Respect for the flag, the country, a sense of self-reliance, the obligations and responsibilities of fatherhood and motherhood and family, of a man's right to work for his own and his family's own posterity instead of having the wealth he gains through his own sweat redistributed to the lazy and unambitious.
You've got a skewed view of this country. I'm sorry you have such disdain for it.

Old 07-11-2014, 07:59 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,051,718 times
Ya know the same thing was said about the fair housing situation in the 60's. " It's our business (apartment or house owners) and we should be able to keep certain "undesirables" out (meaning people of color of course)." Same thing about integrating school. "These are our community schools supported by our taxes and we shouldn't have to let "undesirables" in (meaning people of color of course).

Without Fair Housing Act and Brown v Board of Education we wouldn't have the many capable and successful people in our country today.

I see many parallels in those situations and this HL mess.

Old 07-11-2014, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
After all of the facts placed in front of you, you're still holding onto that.

Fact: 16 different types of birth control are covered. The 4 that the owners feel cause an abortion will not be covered. ED pills and vasectomies have absolutely nothing to do with abortion.

Try being intellectually honest.
Why can't you understand facts? IUD's & the morning after pill do NOT induce abortions. It's fallacy that you cons foolishly believe. It's like you enjoy being willfully ignorant. Viagara does nothing but get it up for some impotent man. There's no reason for it to be covered other than to soothe some poor b*tards ego.

Old 07-11-2014, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJA View Post
YOU changed it to abortion but the original conversation was talking about contraceptives and the poster said if contraceptives should be covered then so should insulin End of story. Obviously you're the one with the comprehension problem since YOU changed it to abortion.
Try to keep up. The topic of abortion is relevant in this discussion as some idiot owner of a corporation seems to think that IUD's & the morning after pill induce abortions. Honestly, why are there so many ignorant people talking on this topic? If you're not informed then stay off the topic.

Old 07-11-2014, 08:36 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,480,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
What does this have to do with a contraceptive (prevention of fertilization) being considered an abortion? Keep up with the subject matter. How do you feel about your perceived 2nd amendment rights? I'm not registered to a single political party by the way, and ascribe to ideals of both. The separation has been challenged here, and if you can't understand this I don't know how to make it any clearer. You do seem to violate common respect though.

Do you know the difference between God and Electrician?

God doesn't think he's an Electrician.
This has to do with the family that owns HL having a Constitutional right to their religious beliefs. Respect their beliefs. The Court ruled that there were other less-intrusive ways for the Administration to achieve their goal other than infringe on this family's Constitutional rights.

Hold your breath. There is also another lawsuit that will soon be decided as to whether the Obamacare subsidies are legal. If that case is lost, a lot of folks will lose their subsidies to their premiums. Then of course there is the coming increase in premiums next year. The insurance companies are going to collect on these added benefits from someone.

Old 07-11-2014, 10:35 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,480,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
You've got a skewed view of this country. I'm sorry you have such disdain for it.
One might say I've already given my right arm for this country. I've also provided a few jobs for a few families. A few, not nearly as many as has Walmart or big oil.

What has been your contribution?

Old 07-11-2014, 10:39 AM

Quote:
One might say I've already given my right arm for this country. I've also provided a few jobs for a few families. A few, not nearly as many as has Walmart or big oil.

What has been your contribution?
I work, I pay my taxes, I contribute to the economy. Why do veterans have such a smug attitude? You got paid for that right? No different than any other working stiff except your education was paid for as well, right? Did you go to college? Anyway, your argument that you served & have a business does not make you any more of a contributing citizen than other people, sorry to burst your bubble. And your view of this country is still skewed & I might even say people who have such disdain for their country are unpatriotic, whether you served or not.

Old 07-11-2014, 10:48 AM

5,851 posts, read 5,275,259 times
Quote:
I grew up below the poverty level. No one forces anyone to work at Wal-Mart or for minimum wage. Educational opportunities abound for anyone willing to go to school and learn a trade that will pay a decent wage. I took a couple of correspondence courses and hired on as an electrician's helper in order to learn a trade that enable me to rise to the upper middle class level in society. I'm not unique. Many have done the same thing. I know a couple of plumbers who started out pretty much the same way I did and I'd say they make as much as some medical doctors. There's big money in HVAC. You just have to have the ambition and not worry about getting your hands dirty. The problem with many is that they are satisfied with their lot in life and had rather just stay where they are and complain.

I find it interesting that you had to quote my post 3 times.

Sure, no one forces anyone to work at Wal-Mart or Hobby Lobby. They can chose not to work because there are many communities where Wal-Mart is the only place TO work. And as for educational opportunities-there are many people who would LOVE to go to school but just can't afford it-even taking classes at a community college. When some people have to chose between food or heat, taking classes is just off the table. And another thing is when are they going to have time. Many are working more than one job.

You worked your way out of poverty-I say good for you. I'm sure you had some help. You said that you are a veteran. I'm sure you have had some help from the V.A. or Uncle Sam. I know I have had help from the V.A. & from Uncle Sam. But not everyone has that help.

Cat

Old 07-11-2014, 10:56 AM

4,625 posts, read 12,287,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I work, I pay my taxes, I contribute to the economy. Why do veterans have such a smug attitude? You got paid for that right? No different than any other working stiff except your education was paid for as well, right? Did you go to college? Anyway, your argument that you served & have a business does not make you any more of a contributing citizen than other people, sorry to burst your bubble. And your view of this country is still skewed & I might even say people who have such disdain for their country are unpatriotic, whether you served or not.
I agree with this, and the idea that somehow everyone is getting a free ride cracks me up. Reagan stopped mental health care, so we still support them, but now they're in jails. I don't think very few that get assistance wouldn't much rather have a good paying job. This perception of everyone being like Peggy Bundy sitting on the couch eating Bon Bon talking on their free cell phone Bush signed for is amazing. They buy into this message as it is spread and pledge their allegiance just as it is intended to do. Independence is gone once this indoctrination is completed.

This bragging about what he's done is quite another thing too. My dad always told me never to tell anybody anything, but let them see your work ethic. That alone will be enough, and you won't have to answer to anyone. It worked well for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events