Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2015, 07:30 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Alright, you win. This would never, ever in a million kajillion years EVER happen to you, because you would NEVER do this or that that she did, YOU would have a calm head and make all the right decisions. YOU will never be touched by random violence because YOU'RE not stupid like this lady was. Lucky you!
Sigh, this has nothing to do with winning. Look, horrible thing happen to innocent people all the time.

I just saw a story on my local news where a an elderly man was attacked near an ATM, not for his money, just some whacko who started screaming at him for no reason, he was badly beaten but will be thankfully be OK.

Bad things happen all the time to innocent people. The world is crazy and getting worse.

But that doesn't mean you don't question things. There are some oddities about this story that's all.

Maybe you take everything at face value, and don't question things that seem "off".

I don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2015, 07:32 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post

Well, well, well.

I just saw this.

Old 02-17-2015, 08:03 PM

4,787 posts, read 11,763,231 times
I'm going to get out my popcorn and just sit back and watch how this story unravels . Don't think the surface has even been scratched yet on it.

Old 02-17-2015, 08:07 PM

19,639 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
Holy MOLY! Only in Vegas. You know, I started smelling a rat when the son (who lived at home) was carrying on about how, now, his infant son would have to cope with not having his Grandmother. Just didn't ring true. It was the sort of thing that a not-very-bright person has become adept at saying, in order to get things out of authority figures. Before I dumped our apartment buildings, I used to have White Trash try to con me into renting to them. They had these things they'd say, trying to push the right buttons: "Is it alright if I plant flowers?" or "I'm a wonderful person!" (meaning, "I'm in a Twelve-Step program, and am currently seeing a court-ordered psychiatrist, who has me on serious meds").

All kindsa trash lives in those nice new homes around Vegas. Judging from the way those people were dressed, their names, etc., I'm thinkin' that here in Oregon, they'd be in a used doublewide out in the sticks, somewhere.

I'm wondering if maybe they didn't know the spiky-haired shooter, already. Or maybe they knew, somehow, the usual 'loop' that people make, around town. Like maybe they're a part of the same 'culture'.
Yes, the suburban ghetto. Everyone wants to be a badazz. Even grandma. Nice parenting there, getting the son to go on a hunting trip for an angry road-ragey man and his buddies. I'm sick of people using the sympathy card and ignoring awful behavior.

Old 02-17-2015, 08:30 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Story changing woman and armed son went hunting for silver car. Found them and then had a shoot out at the house.
Where does it say they found them? It is beyond me why people are trying to defend guys who shot and murdered a woman in her front yard...for whatever reason. So a suburban woman vigilante with a gun went looking for some angry guys with guns. If these murderers are so innocent--where are they? Why are they hiding (or running) from the cops?

And what is with confronting people because they were honked at? Seriously? Getting honked at is worth a confrontation? This is sane behavior?

Make all the excuses for these guys you want. Unless these fugitives can prove self-defense, they are going down for murder when they are caught. The story keeps changing, but one fact doesn't. They shot and killed a woman in her front yard. Not exactly a heat-of-the-moment killing.

"When they got home, the suspect's car pulled up and opened fire, and Meyers' son returned fire, Steiber said. After the shooting was over, Meyers' son discovered that his mother, who was behind him, had been shot, Steiber said."

Is this one of those 'good guy with a gun' stories? Cause it sounds to me like there are too many idiots armed and angry. All this story says to me is there are many people with no brains and a short fuse who own and carry guns.

Las Vegas Mom Tammy Meyers Went Looking for Suspect Before Road Rage Killing - NBC News

Old 02-17-2015, 08:41 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,805,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Where does it say they found them? It is beyond me why people are trying to defend guys who shot and murdered a woman in her front yard...for whatever reason. So a suburban woman vigilante with a gun went looking for some angry guys with guns. If these murderers are so innocent--where are they? Why are they hiding (or running) from the cops?

And what is with confronting people because they were honked at? Seriously? Getting honked at is worth a confrontation? This is sane behavior?

Make all the excuses for these guys you want. Unless these fugitives can prove self-defense, they are going down for murder when they are caught. The story keeps changing, but one fact doesn't. They shot and killed a woman in her front yard. Not exactly a heat-of-the-moment killing.

"When they got home, the suspect's car pulled up and opened fire, and Meyers' son returned fire, Steiber said. After the shooting was over, Meyers' son discovered that his mother, who was behind him, had been shot, Steiber said."

Is this one of those 'good guy with a gun' stories? Cause it sounds to me like there are too many idiots armed and angry. All this story says to me is there are many people with no brains and a short fuse who own and carry guns.

Las Vegas Mom Tammy Meyers Went Looking for Suspect Before Road Rage Killing - NBC News
Well local Channel 8 reporting on a police news conference said:

Meyers asked her daughter to go into the house and get her 22-year-old son to come outside. Meyers' son brought a gun, police said.

The two, according to police, drove around to find the driver of the silver sedan, which they did do. Police said, the driver in the silver sedan followed Meyers and her son to their house. It was at that point the shooting occurred. Meyers, the mother of four, was struck in the head.

New twist in 'road rage' shooting death - 8 News NOW

And it sounds more and more likely that these "scums" will mount a self defense argument.

Again way too much noise to understand what actually happened...but it sure did jump around a bit did it not?

Old 02-17-2015, 08:46 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Well local Channel 8 reporting on a police news conference said:

Meyers asked her daughter to go into the house and get her 22-year-old son to come outside. Meyers' son brought a gun, police said.

The two, according to police, drove around to find the driver of the silver sedan, which they did do. Police said, the driver in the silver sedan followed Meyers and her son to their house. It was at that point the shooting occurred. Meyers, the mother of four, was struck in the head.

New twist in 'road rage' shooting death - 8 News NOW

And it sounds more and more likely that these "scums" will mount a self defense argument.

Again way too much noise to understand what actually happened...but it sure did jump around a bit did it not?
Yes, it did. But again--why don't these guys come forward and tell their side of the story? Remember when OJ ran? People assumed he was guilty because usually people who run usually are, in fact, guilty.

Old 02-17-2015, 08:57 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,424,662 times
Quote:
Yes, it did. But again--why don't these guys come forward and tell their side of the story? Remember when OJ ran? People assumed he was guilty because usually people who run usually are, in fact, guilty.
Or scared and not guilty.

Old 02-17-2015, 09:02 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,805,587 times
Quote:
Again not enough information to tell. I presume they will in fact be run down rather quickly. But so what? Getting out of there while a guy is shooting at you is simply good sense. To keep running given the press reports at the time may also have been good sense.

I will be surprised if at least some of these dudes don't have colorful backgrounds. But that is not illegal.

Sounds to me like one of those eddy currents that will occur next to the mainstream of an armed society. And sorting the bad from the good may be more complicated then people realize.

Old 02-17-2015, 09:56 PM

3,279 posts, read 5,319,577 times
What these guys did was wrong, shooting the woman, no two ways about it.

However, the daughter blowing the horn to signal her disapproval over their passing, and the mother and adult son hunting down the guys because they apparently used unflowery language or the like, that was wrong. It doesn't mean the mother DESERVED what she got, but I'm inclined to say she should've minded her own business. Someone passed you--SO WHAT. I myself pass slow people all the time and don't care if they like it or not. I'm not obligated to poke along at slow speeds behind a snail. If I decide I want to pass, I'm doing it, even if I have to go 90 mph to do it. It's not those people's place to police my speed. It's a STUPID thing to get upset because someone--egads--PASSED you. Heck, if someone wants to pass me, fine, why should I care?

This woman apparently crossed the line trying to pester this guy for, egads, PASSING her. She was wrong. It was none of her business.

Last edited by shyguylh; 02-17-2015 at 10:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events