Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2019, 12:10 PM

3,497 posts, read 2,659,433 times

Advertisements

People have been vaping for 10 years and just recently 6 or 7 people have died. It’s not the vaping that is killing them, it’s what the idiots add to the vape. 7782 children in the U.S. are shot every year, but guns will never be outlawed. It’s another witch hunt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2019, 03:19 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,833,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txfriend View Post
People have been vaping for 10 years and just recently 6 or 7 people have died. It’s not the vaping that is killing them, it’s what the idiots add to the vape. 7782 children in the U.S. are shot every year, but guns will never be outlawed. It’s another witch hunt.
"Just recently 6 or 7 people have died." While true, that does not tell the whole story. It is in the news now because it is only recently that the connection has been made; one must wonder how many deaths have actually been caused by vaping since its inception? Proliferation of vaping and the largely uncontrolled distribution of such products is problematic.

These are topics that should have been addressed prior to their marketing but there is no reason doing so now should not be addressed any more than preventing 8000 deaths a year of children should not be addressed. "What people add to them" should be examined, especially if those people are the manufacturers.

Do you have a financial interest in the vape business?

Old 09-23-2019, 03:40 PM

50,723 posts, read 36,431,973 times
Quote:
Right, exactly. There's contamination in some batches and I think they were most likely counterfeit, whether e-cigs or more probably THC cartridges.

Old 09-23-2019, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
"Just recently 6 or 7 people have died." While true, that does not tell the whole story. It is in the news now because it is only recently that the connection has been made; one must wonder how many deaths have actually been caused by vaping since its inception? Proliferation of vaping and the largely uncontrolled distribution of such products is problematic.

These are topics that should have been addressed prior to their marketing but there is no reason doing so now should not be addressed any more than preventing 8000 deaths a year of children should not be addressed. "What people add to them" should be examined, especially if those people are the manufacturers.

Do you have a financial interest in the vape business?
Please use logic, the first problems came from a certain area of the country of people 18 to 24. The chemical, vitamin E acetate, was present in almost all of the cannabis samples from victims identified in New York, according to the state’s health department. New York Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo (D) announced on Monday that the state will subpoena three companies selling “thickening agents” used to adjust THC levels in products found on the black market. The thickening agents are “nearly pure” vitamin E acetate, officials say. And some victims have said they vaped only nicotine products, according to authorities, though doctors also say patients may be hesitant to admit using marijuana.

I have no financial interest in the vape business. I am knowledgeable and not one to arrive at conclusions without thinking.

Old 09-23-2019, 09:24 PM

776 posts, read 394,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post
90s were right on the cusp. I went to a 6th-12th grade school, and I remember my first year there, there was a smoking area for the high school kids, but my second year it was gone.

So about 1990-92 was when the transition happened in my neck of the woods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Lloyd Memorial High school, Erlanger, KY. We had a student smoking lounge (outdoor courtyard area). I used it for the last part of the 94 school year, but I believe it was taken out in 1995 or 96. Funny thing is, it wasnt removed due to health or safety concerns, students were abusing it, (going to the area between classes and would always be late for classes), this is the reason they got rid of it.

The really crazy thing, Tichenor Middle School, right next to Lloyd HS, they did not allow students to smoke (on the property), in the handbook, they instructed students who smoked, to cross the street and stand on the corner to smoke ( I remember there was always large crowds of kids smoking on the corner before school and at lunch...and this was MIDDLE SCHOOL, 6th grade to 8th grade!!!)

This was the only high school in the area that permitted students to smoke though.

The strange part about this, NO ONE ever complained to the school about it,(not even about the middle school kids smoking on the corner) plus, it was an outdoor courtyard, so non smoking students used it as well, to eat lunch or just hang out, again, NO ONE ever complained about the smoking area.
Yet people think the 80s were conservative and the 90s liberal. The 90s were also when federal law began to mandate zero tolerance school policies and when PG and PG-13 movies stopped showing breasts.

Old 09-24-2019, 12:06 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,833,849 times
Quote:
Please use logic, the first problems came from a certain area of the country of people 18 to 24. The chemical, vitamin E acetate, was present in almost all of the cannabis samples from victims identified in New York, according to the state’s health department. New York Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo (D) announced on Monday that the state will subpoena three companies selling “thickening agents” used to adjust THC levels in products found on the black market. The thickening agents are “nearly pure” vitamin E acetate, officials say. And some victims have said they vaped only nicotine products, according to authorities, though doctors also say patients may be hesitant to admit using marijuana.

I have no financial interest in the vape business. I am knowledgeable and not one to arrive at conclusions without thinking.
You've already arrived at the conclusion that the first problems came from a single area where the connection was first made and made public. That is pretty illogical.

Just today a Kansas man over the age of fifty died from vaping related illness, the second Kansan in that age bracket to die. Six Idahoans have also died from vaping. Your focus on New York and vapers under 25 do not address the problems causing fatalities. To assume that there were no previous problems because no one has yet compiled statistics does not indicate either someone who should be considered knowledgeable or using an excess of thinking or logic.

Old 09-24-2019, 12:47 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,427,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
It's perfectly normal for an ex-smoker to feel this way once they've left the darkness and stepped into the light. Suck it up, buttercup.
I'm sure not all ex-smokers turn into jerks.

Old 09-24-2019, 04:46 AM

Quote:
You've already arrived at the conclusion that the first problems came from a single area where the connection was first made and made public. That is pretty illogical.

Just today a Kansas man over the age of fifty died from vaping related illness, the second Kansan in that age bracket to die. Six Idahoans have also died from vaping. Your focus on New York and vapers under 25 do not address the problems causing fatalities. To assume that there were no previous problems because no one has yet compiled statistics does not indicate either someone who should be considered knowledgeable or using an excess of thinking or logic.
It started in an area and now has started to extend like any other drug distribution.

Think, ten years of vaping and just the last few months people die, with some only vaping for a short time. This should tell you even old idiots can die from adding sh#t to the vape. I’m not saying that vaping nicotine is good, but it’s far better than cigarettes. People want to get high and thus add anything that will fulfill that need, and some die.

Old 09-24-2019, 04:55 AM

50,723 posts, read 36,431,973 times
Quote:

People over 50 vape THC too. This is a new outbreak of sickness, yet people have been vaping for a decade. I actually joined a (nicotine) vaping forum years ago. If people were getting sick then it would have been known.

Old 09-24-2019, 07:32 AM

13,707 posts, read 12,418,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I dont take this seriously, I mean, Cmon, there have been around 6 deaths related to these modern Ecigs and vaping...but when you look at regular cigarettes, they kill 500K every year and NO ONE even suggests banning them?!!!
I agree, but it should be noted that vaping has been a thing for less than a decade. Cigarettes generally have a much longer ramp to being fatal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events