Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2009, 03:10 AM

36 posts, read 55,064 times

Advertisements

Hi all,,I just logged on and am new to Maine,,We left Delaware after 23 years there and love the Poland area
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2009, 08:41 PM

144 posts, read 360,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
Guess no one heard from littleeggplant yet. Hope it's been a very informative trip.

At a computer at the hotel DeeD.....the folliage is amazing. What a lovely ride to Bangor today. The day couldn't be more perfect. Bill and I just back from spending the day in downtown bangor. We ate dinner at an outdoor cafe that was just lovely.
Tomorrow BarHarbah.......Can't wait. Got all my tours in order.

Carole.....you amaze me and have such a green thumb. Haven't tried your garlic idea yet but I will soon.

hope the parsley....germinates and behaves itself. LOL!!

Thank goodness for hotel computers...lol. I am sure the foliage is gorgeous with amazing color. Have never been to Bangor or Bar Harbour, but went on a cruise a few years back and one of the stops was Portland.

Old 09-28-2009, 02:09 PM

16,199 posts, read 11,670,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeD View Post
Thank goodness for hotel computers...lol. I am sure the foliage is gorgeous with amazing color. Have never been to Bangor or Bar Harbour, but went on a cruise a few years back and one of the stops was Portland.
Hi DeeD

There are quite a few cruises this month and next month. I know a lot of people who are going on them.

Portland is a neat city Did you get to Nova Scotia. We were going to take the CAT but forgot our passports. Can you believe this???

Old 09-29-2009, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Hi DeeD

There are quite a few cruises this month and next month. I know a lot of people who are going on them.

Portland is a neat city Did you get to Nova Scotia. We were going to take the CAT but forgot our passports. Can you believe this???

Hi Elizamary: We have been on 3 cruises, one to Bermuda, another to Miami and The Bahamas, and another up North to MA, Rhode Island, Maine and Novia Scotia. I really like cruising. Do you like them?? It is great, nothing to think about, just bring your luggage and have fun!! Hearing about your passport reminds me when I went to Dover Downs recently and forgot my rewards card to put in the slot for points....lol

Old 09-30-2009, 05:56 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,041,982 times
Quote:
... reminds me when I went to Dover Downs recently and forgot my rewards card to put in the slot for points....lol
On our most recent trip, we forgot to bring our cards. They made up new ones for us! Just go to the customer service area and tell them. They were very nice about it. (Well of course they would be - they were about to get more of our money )

Old 09-30-2009, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Hi Elizamary: We have been on 3 cruises, one to Bermuda, another to Miami and The Bahamas, and another up North to MA, Rhode Island, Maine and Novia Scotia. I really like cruising. Do you like them?? It is great, nothing to think about, just bring your luggage and have fun!! Hearing about your passport reminds me when I went to Dover Downs recently and forgot my rewards card to put in the slot for points....lol
Hi DeeD and Charley,

We were on one cruise and I didn't care for it much. I'd rather drive to where we want to go. Sad but true but to each his own.

Cruising is like a floating fat farm to me.

JMHO!!

many love cruising and thats wonderful but not for us.

I always forget my rewards card. (kicking my butt over and over)

Old 09-30-2009, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
On our most recent trip, we forgot to bring our cards. They made up new ones for us! Just go to the customer service area and tell them. They were very nice about it. (Well of course they would be - they were about to get more of our money )

Charley, for the amount of money I planned to gamble that day, it was not worth it, but I did consider it!!

Old 09-30-2009, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Hi DeeD and Charley,

We were on one cruise and I didn't care for it much. I'd rather drive to where we want to go. Sad but true but to each his own.

Cruising is like a floating fat farm to me.

JMHO!!

many love cruising and thats wonderful but not for us.

I always forget my rewards card. (kicking my butt over and over)

Elizamary, lol, I know what you mean about the "floating fat farm" it is like a feeding frenzy....lol When we cruise, we stay very active, and there are many good choice foods available.

Old 10-02-2009, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Elizamary, lol, I know what you mean about the "floating fat farm" it is like a feeding frenzy....lol When we cruise, we stay very active, and there are many good choice foods available.
We stayed active too but the amount of food all day outweighed the activity.
In order not to gain.......would have to run around the ship 24/7 non stop

Old 10-02-2009, 07:06 PM

Quote:
We stayed active too but the amount of food all day outweighed the activity.
In order not to gain.......would have to run around the ship 24/7 non stop
Elizamary, I am laughing right now...., very funny!!! By the way have a great weekend!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware