Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2010, 08:29 AM

388 posts, read 998,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
I will be more interested in finding the ROMEOs (Retired Old Men Eating Out)
Funny you should mention this Charley. Hubby started a ROMEO club about 4 years ago here in Maine. They meet every morning for coffee and talk. I dabble in graphic arts so I made a neat sign for them that they prop on the table of wherever they congregate. He definitely will start one in DE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 08:37 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,045,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little eggplant View Post
Funny you should mention this Charley. Hubby started a ROMEO club about 4 years ago here in Maine. They meet every morning for coffee and talk. I dabble in graphic arts so I made a neat sign for them that they prop on the table of wherever they congregate. He definitely will start one in DE!
Tell him he can count me in. There may be those who may speak against so-called "eating clubs", but I'm sure it's because they wouldn't have a clue about friends getting together to enjoy each other's company.

Old 06-29-2010, 01:42 PM

560 posts, read 916,021 times
Quote:
Roesville raised their prices?? I just checked the website and the models are all up $2,000 above the last time I checked. That's surprising in this market, particular for a community without it's clubhouse (unless you count the trailer, which most don't) and pool.

I checked a few others. Champions Club, Nobles Pond, Southern Meadows and Independence all continue to be the same. Spring Meadows has actually lowered their prices, in some cases quite significantly.

Yes, Roesville did raise prices $2K...we think of it as instant equity in our home already!! Didn't CC raise prices a while back? I remember something about that...
Nope, no clubhouse at Roesville yet, but it'll get there soon enough.
Also, I would be somewhat concerned about a community that is lowering its prices...

Old 06-29-2010, 01:47 PM

[quote=Charley;14822198]
Essentially, when you participate in the program, an independent contractor (unrelated to CC) works with two of the local realtors in your area to do a complete market analysis of your home, helps you choose the realtor that's right for you, sets a price / price range for your home, develops an aggressive marketing plan, and guides you through the process of selling your home. There is no cost to you. This contractor gets a piece of the real estate commission, but as explained, it's a good deal for the realtor as well.

I'm a tad confused about these plans. Several of the 55+ communities offer similar programs. What are the real advantages in participating in this program...other than convenience? Wouldn't your own local realtor provide the same services? Ours did...

Old 06-29-2010, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin'2DE View Post
I'm a tad confused about these plans. Several of the 55+ communities offer similar programs. What are the real advantages in participating in this program...other than convenience? Wouldn't your own local realtor provide the same services? Ours did...
My honest answer is, I don't know yet. Assuming I use the program, I'll let you know.

Roesville has one also, called Gold Key Plan. I don't know the details.

Quote:
Yes, Roesville did raise prices $2K...we think of it as instant equity in our home already!! Didn't CC raise prices a while back? I remember something about that
One model, the Austin, was unavailable for a while, and then was reintroduced recently at a higher price. All other models are still at the same levels they were when I started tracking six communities back in 2008. (We hadn't made a firm decision back then so we started watching six different options.)

The big winner in dropping prices is Spring Meadows. I wonder why.

Last edited by Gone-2-Beach; 06-29-2010 at 02:27 PM..

Old 06-29-2010, 03:24 PM

[quote=Charley;14829574]

Roesville has one also, called Gold Key Plan. I don't know the details.

We are familiar with Roesville's "Gold Key Plan". We've been in touch with a couple of residents who say the program was very helpful. There are several lots at R that are under deposit pending sale of current homes.

With the help of an outstanding realtor, we sold our home before we decided on moving to DE, so we didn't need any additional help with that part. We "downsized" into our townhouse and dumped/sold/donated our excess and unnecessary stuff. Really looking forward to buying some new stuff for our new home. Any good furniture stores in Kent Co.? I'd love some antiques...maybe a quality dining room set. Anyone know of a dealer with fair prices?
Goin2DE

Old 06-29-2010, 03:29 PM

Quote:
With the help of an outstanding realtor, we sold our home before we decided on moving to DE, so we didn't need any additional help with that part.
We've got an extremely challenging situation in our community with a tax case from years ago that our school district, town and county lost (to a miserable, greedy corporation). We need to assure that whichever realtor is ultimately chosen, either through the CC program or on our own, they can explain it correctly so that the prospective buyer isn't concerned about it.

Old 06-29-2010, 03:38 PM

Quote:
We've got an extremely challenging situation in our community with a tax case from years ago that our school district, town and county lost (to a miserable, greedy corporation). We need to assure that whichever realtor is ultimately chosen, either through the CC program or on our own, they can explain it correctly so that the prospective buyer isn't concerned about it.
Do I remember correctly...you're currently in NJ?
What exit?

Old 06-29-2010, 03:44 PM

388 posts, read 998,629 times
Quote:

Perhaps I can help a bit as we are in the Smart Buyer program at CC. I say "a bit" as our house has only been on the market for one week but I can fill you in on what led up to the listing. Yes, you do interview 2 local realtors that are picked out for you, you pick one after seeing their market analyses, and then list the home at a price based on theirs and the SB program's criteria. I think, so far, that the key objective here is a quick sell at a good price. Now these terms are relative and I will admit our asking price was not what was recommended, but then again we are not professional realtors and probably think more with our heart and pocketbook than cold area facts. There is no fee for us. SB gets a piece of the realtor's commission and I asked what is the incentive for their participating since they get a smaller commission check but I was educated that any lead, any listing, even reduced by the program, is still wanted by a realtor - in other words, money is money! My realtor said she has to report back to the SB program twice a week to check in and explain what they are doing for us, so that sounds as if they really are working for us which is a good thing. Time will tell if the program succeeds......

Old 06-29-2010, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little eggplant View Post
Perhaps I can help a bit as we are in the Smart Buyer program at CC. I say "a bit" as our house has only been on the market for one week but I can fill you in on what led up to the listing. Yes, you do interview 2 local realtors that are picked out for you, you pick one after seeing their market analyses, and then list the home at a price based on theirs and the SB program's criteria. I think, so far, that the key objective here is a quick sell at a good price. Now these terms are relative and I will admit our asking price was not what was recommended, but then again we are not professional realtors and probably think more with our heart and pocketbook than cold area facts. There is no fee for us. SB gets a piece of the realtor's commission and I asked what is the incentive for their participating since they get a smaller commission check but I was educated that any lead, any listing, even reduced by the program, is still wanted by a realtor - in other words, money is money! My realtor said she has to report back to the SB program twice a week to check in and explain what they are doing for us, so that sounds as if they really are working for us which is a good thing. Time will tell if the program succeeds......
It sounds very helpful and maybe takes away some of the stress and guesswork. I do have some friends who might be interested, but who are too stubborn to review this forum (I don't know why). Do keep us posted on how it works our for you.
G2D
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware