Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2010, 02:29 PM

19,922 posts, read 11,041,507 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the info ... and Marlene suggests that Reesies can be frozen and will still be good to go in the event that we're able to travel down next month and help you consume.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2010, 10:48 AM

560 posts, read 915,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
Felton? I must be losing my mind. I thought for sure Roesville was in Frederica. Is the mailing address actually Felton?
Definitely Felton.

Old 11-04-2010, 02:55 PM

OK, life improved quite a bit today as we have returned to the 21st century with our cable and internet service hooked up. Tammy and the crew in the sales office were very nice and accommodating as we needed to use their network with our wi-fi, but it is so nice to be at my own computer desk in the privacy of my nice warm home.
We went with Comcast because...well to put it nicely...Verizon was very unpleasant to deal with. Promises unkept, outright "un-truths", outsourced-run around calls with bunches of "let me re-direct you to the blah-blah-blah department"...yadda, yadda, yadda... After a month of this run around we cancelled our order. Hubby and I are pleasant, polite, patient people and we do not resort to rudeness just to make a point...life is too short to spend one minute in anger...so we just cancelled and moved on. Comcast, on the other hand, was easy to deal with and did what they promised, on time, with a very knowedgeable young technician hooking us up this afternoon.
Life is good...

Old 11-04-2010, 02:59 PM

I hope all of you are well. I'm looking forward to finishing this set-up-our-new-home business, so I can get out and enjoy Delaware. By the way...when's our first breakfast meeting??

Old 11-04-2010, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin'2DE View Post
By the way...when's our first breakfast meeting??
Well, we're hoping to visit at the end of December ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin'2DE View Post
Verizon was very unpleasant to deal with. Promises unkept, outright "un-truths", outsourced-run around calls with bunches of "let me re-direct you to the blah-blah-blah department"...yadda, yadda, yadda...
I think you made exactly the right decision. I've posted before with my feelings about Verizon. I plan to be a Comcast customer too.

Old 11-04-2010, 04:22 PM

75 posts, read 139,953 times
Glad to hear things are finally starting to come about for you…and yep, I think you made the right move going with Comcast also. I’m of the opinion that the only way Verizon and others will get their acts together is if enough people confront them with the issues and explain to them why it is you’re turning your back on them and not choosing them for certain services.

Pending issues permitting, I’m entertaining the idea to visit Delaware some time during the cold months after the New Year if at all possible.

Old 11-04-2010, 04:48 PM

[quote=Charley;16529607]Well, we're hoping to visit at the end of December ...quote]

The end of December? I will have the hot cocoa ready!! Be sure to DM me with your plan.
By the way, we had our first dinner at Fredrica Pizza last night...YUM! Such a nice place in a not-so-perfect neighborhood, eh?

Old 11-08-2010, 11:43 AM

388 posts, read 998,308 times
Default Smart Buyer program at Champions' Club

Hard to believe it has been 2 months, but next week our 60 day extension in the program will expire. Spoke with Barbara yesterday (yes, she works on Sundays!) and she said she will submit the paperwork for an additional 60 day extension, said it should be no problem getting the extension as we did have a showing a few weeks back. Had a nice talk with her - it apparently is bad everywhere, not just here in Maine so that is a small comfort. Talk also came around to a price reduction, a hard pill to swallow, and hubby and I will mull that over. Also she asked my opinion of the realtor we chose, did we wish to continue with her, any problems to report, etc. I could hear Barbara taking notes as I talked so it is nice to know she is listening and wants to work with us. Very pleasant and knowledgeable woman and we feel confident in her endeavors on our part. Entering the dead of autumn and early winter here, don't have much hope for any showings now, looking forward to after the holidays for things to pick up. Some days it is hard to feel optimistic about the whole thing but as I have said, I try and keep my eye on the prize. Congrats to all of you who have settled recently.

Old 11-09-2010, 12:18 PM

OK it's official. We are now residents of Delaware. We went to DMV today to get our new driver's licenses and register the cars. All in all it was a pleasant experience. We didn't have to wait more than 10 minutes each place for license, safety inspection, and registration. Also registered to vote. The atmosphere was well organized and the personnel were very nice. No mishaps and no horror stories. DMV in DE gets an A+ from us.

Old 11-09-2010, 12:21 PM

Congratulations! Does the safety inspection happen at DMV?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware