Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2018, 02:40 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times

Advertisements

Not that it mattered, but I am from Bavaria, Germany, originally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2018, 02:47 PM

433 posts, read 405,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
In reality I think there are 3 or more Europes. The EU gives the impression that there is only one Europe, but I don't think that's the case.
3 or more Europes, that sound mysterious.... Ai raiku ze geimu... retsuso purei itsu, ken bi?

1st Europe: Europastan (DE, SE, FR, GR, RO, BG et vassals)
2nd Europe: Nadezhdolandia (FI, SK, CZ, PL, HU, EE, LV, LT, HR, SI, AT)
3rd Europe: Afrobia (MT, CY, IT, ES, PT)

Please continue. Itadakimasu.

Old 04-03-2018, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Not that it mattered, but I am from Bavaria, Germany, originally.
Hjukk-hjukk.... how does Bawarische volk konnekt mit Angola? You must have spent decades in Lusitania. Now I see why you claimed Europe endet mit Deutschland. Dat meikz sense.

Old 04-03-2018, 09:20 PM

220 posts, read 173,115 times
Quote:
Nope. The Portuguese and Spaniards are clearly different peoples, not just culturally, but also genetically. Haplogroups don't lie. In terms of genes the Portuguese are indeed closer to Italians.
http://i.imgur.com/GLL0M9y.png
They (pie charts) look basically the same to me!!
You make it seem as if one is of the Hindi race and the other Chinese. look at the proposed new Iberian flag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EYFsIleUko

Quote:
Just because two peoples are neighbors, doesn't mean they are the same, quite to the contrary, when they are enemies they often isolate each other and develop separately from each other.
That is such a falsehood!!! The border towns and villages between Portugal and Spain are intertwined. They really do not have a border. The video shows what I am talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de2acIR9vG4

Quote:
And rest assured, the Portuguese do not want to become one nation with Spain. They never wanted to and for centuries fought wars in order to stay independent.
The people interviewed are Spanish and Portuguese and they say, that there is nothing but brotherhood between this separated family.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbeIaR8Dp1c

Old 04-03-2018, 10:40 PM

630 posts, read 526,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naners1 View Post
You make it seem as if one is of the Hindi race and the other Chinese. look at the proposed new Iberian flag.

That is such a falsehood!!! The border towns and villages between Portugal and Spain are intertwined. They really do not have a border. The video shows what I am talking about

The people interviewed are Spanish and Portuguese and they say, that there is nothing but brotherhood between this separated family.
You have been posting the same questionable videos on every thread, I really wonder why.

Old 04-04-2018, 07:52 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,898,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iron_stick View Post
You have been posting the same questionable videos on every thread, I really wonder why.
Because he is promoting some nonsensical Iberian Union BS that very few Portuguese and Spaniards would want. I did a little research on this there is a fringe group promoting this but it isn't even worth taking more than two minutes to research as most Portuguese opinions I've read on the topic ridicule those promoting this nonsense.

Old 04-04-2018, 10:36 AM

Galicia is where Portugal and Spain is somehow united, but Catalonia and Azores is entirely different case. Portugal and Spain will never be one country again. Unless, of course they are already "one", in the E.U. Especially that youth unemployment in Spain is now 50% Portugal will never want to become part of Spain again. I tried to purchase weapons from Spain from several businesses. They all tried to scam me and keep my money. Why would I trust a Spanish business again? Still, I like Spain and Portugal, but am very careful to spend my money anywhere. That's why you have an economic crisis that is going on for over a decade now. It happened because of extreme greed by immovable property "investors". Yet Portugal is a sealocked (as opposed to landlocked) country, so it must keep good relations with Espanã.

Old 04-04-2018, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naners1 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EYFsIleUko

That is such a falsehood!!! The border towns and villages between Portugal and Spain are intertwined. They really do not have a border. The video shows what I am talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de2acIR9vG4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbeIaR8Dp1c
You really have no clue what you are talking about. Of course there is exchange along the border, just like along almost any border in the world. The word brotherhood is absurd in this context.
And look at the population density map of Portugal. Few people live along the border, the overwhelming majority live along the coast, and people there couldn't care less about Spain. We look towards the West, not the East.
http://www.turkey-visit.com/map/port...ensity_map.jpg

There definitely is a border between the two countries, which is why Olivença is still disputed. Just like there is a border between Germany and the Netherlands. Just because there is Schengen, does not mean borders are gone. It only means borders are open.

Old 04-04-2018, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtocolumbia View Post
Yet Portugal is a sealocked (as opposed to landlocked) country, so it must keep good relations with Espanã.
Sounds like voodoo logic to me. To the contrary, because Portugal has such a huge coast line (not to mention the giant exclusive zone off the coast, stretching halfway across the Atlantic), relations with Spain are not nearly as important as they would be if Portugal were landlocked, like say Andorra or Switzerland.

Old 04-04-2018, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Sounds like voodoo logic to me. To the contrary, because Portugal has such a huge coast line (not to mention the giant exclusive zone off the coast, stretching halfway across the Atlantic), relations with Spain are not nearly as important as they would be if Portugal were landlocked, like say Andorra or Switzerland.
That too, but by sea, not by roads and railways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe