U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-15-2009, 12:49 PM
 
Location: Penobscot Bay, the best place in Maine!
1,891 posts, read 5,146,844 times
Reputation: 2627

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by donstk88 View Post
To me it read just fine, I guess the brain compensates for small imperfections in spelling. Sorry about off-topic though.

I have not seen anyone confront what I said, so does that mean everyone agrees?

I still think the overall guiding principle for women in any discussion about what is sexy should be this:

Women, do not try to convince yourselves that you know better than men what men like.

And a corollary: if men tell you something is sexy on you, don't say it's not sexy and come up with several reasons of your own. Instead, just tell him: I know wearing pantyhose is sexy, I know you like it, I know it's fashionable in Europe and Asia, and even though you would prefer me to follow this fashion that you find so sexy, I do not do it because ... (I am lazy, I don't feel good in it, I just don't believe you, ... fill in your own)

See how simple it is?
HAHAHA! Don't convince yourself that ALL men like the same thing, either!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-16-2009, 06:56 AM
 
Location: Middle America
35,817 posts, read 39,346,783 times
Reputation: 48613
Quote:
Originally Posted by donstk88 View Post
if men tell you something is sexy on you, don't say it's not sexy and come up with several reasons of your own. Instead, just tell him: I know wearing pantyhose is sexy, I know you like it, I know it's fashionable in Europe and Asia, and even though you would prefer me to follow this fashion that you find so sexy, I do not do it because ... (I am lazy, I don't feel good in it, I just don't believe you, ... fill in your own)

See how simple it is?
Why kiss ass? Why not just say, "Oh, I don't like pantyhose, sorry."

I don't expect my Italian, city-bred boyfriend to run around in Wranglers and cowboy boots like the guys I grew up with just because I think it's cute. We all have different taste.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2009, 07:13 AM
 
Location: this side of knoxville tn...
253 posts, read 686,298 times
Reputation: 273
Default maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernlady5464 View Post
Well, mine is so......aged, I guess is the best word. At 53, I need some help some days. And for functions like that it just makes me feel less noticeable.

Now if I can just keep the dang things from slipping down to my knees. Liz
i have to agree, most maybe on how you was raised and your age, some of us was raised that you wear a bra and pantyhose. if you got the legs to pull it off, then dont wear them, for some of us, be it oldfashioned, or not, we may not have the best legs out there, and with a nice dress, it basically "cleans" up the look.
i dont mind them, of course in the south, they can be hot, so i lean towards the thigh high ones with or without a garter to keep up, that way...im cooler where i need to be
to each there own, but its like a bra, some need it, some dont, and some...well, we all shouldnt have to look at all your faults. im sorry, some women dont have the legs to carry off the no pantyhose look, just as some woman really need to stop going out without a bra...im one of them lolmy white sticks need the hose...lol thank goodness i dont attend as many formal events that i dont have to worry, but i keep spares in the drawer in case they do away with hose and i cant get anymore...lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2009, 05:20 PM
 
11 posts, read 28,091 times
Reputation: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerislesmile View Post
HAHAHA! Don't convince yourself that ALL men like the same thing, either!
Again, you are a woman, so you could not possibly know what ALL men want. At least I am one of them, so I am theorizing about the ALL-1 of them, and you are theorizing about ALL of them... just turning your argument against you there.

Of course, generalizing is ALWAYS bad. (Yes, I did that on purpose )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2009, 05:23 PM
 
11 posts, read 28,091 times
Reputation: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Why kiss ass? Why not just say, "Oh, I don't like pantyhose, sorry."
Exactly my point! Please do say that if it is how you feel! Refreshing!

But i am tired of women telling me that they do not wear it because men do not find it sexy. They are making a generalization, and I already explained why they are in a worse position to make that generalization than men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2009, 05:28 PM
 
Location: Orlando, Florida
43,858 posts, read 43,564,164 times
Reputation: 58603
I still wear pantyhose when I wear heels (or it's cold). I love black hose with dark dresses/skirts and heels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-19-2009, 05:35 PM
 
Location: Coachella Valley, California
15,533 posts, read 35,646,549 times
Reputation: 13126
Quote:
Originally Posted by donstk88 View Post
Exactly my point! Please do say that if it is how you feel! Refreshing!

But i am tired of women telling me that they do not wear it because men do not find it sexy. They are making a generalization, and I already explained why they are in a worse position to make that generalization than men.
Women, schwomen!!! I don't wear them because they're hot, they're uncomfortable, I think they're ugly and shiny - which I hate. I have nice legs already - why should I cover them up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2009, 07:43 PM
 
Location: Living near our Nation's Capitol since 2010
2,144 posts, read 2,802,483 times
Reputation: 5623
I really do not have a choice, I have to wear em at work with my uniform. It kills me to pay $5 or $6 for a pair that lasts maybe 2 days (my job is hard on hose! Please keep your velcro out of the asile!) sometimes I wear hose with garters just so I can avoid having to trash the entire pair just because of a run in one of the legs...but that is even more uncomfortable than the pantyhose!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2009, 05:43 PM
 
Location: Penobscot Bay, the best place in Maine!
1,891 posts, read 5,146,844 times
Reputation: 2627
Quote:
Originally Posted by donstk88 View Post
Again, you are a woman, so you could not possibly know what ALL men want. At least I am one of them, so I am theorizing about the ALL-1 of them, and you are theorizing about ALL of them... just turning your argument against you there.

Of course, generalizing is ALWAYS bad. (Yes, I did that on purpose )



You make no sense to me. I was not generalizing about anything, and I certainly wasn't saying that I know what ALL men want. Rather, I was saying that not ALL men like the same thing... that's kind of the *opposite* of generalizing....

And as far as making up some other "excuse"... why, if I do not find pantyhose sexy in the least, should I come up with other reasons for not liking them, in some weird effort to validate someone else's opinion while invalidating and contradicting my own?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2009, 06:02 PM
 
11 posts, read 28,091 times
Reputation: 14
Default you have nice legs? - why not show them off in den 7 pantyhose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I don't wear them because they're hot, they're uncomfortable, I think they're ugly and shiny - which I hate. I have nice legs already - why should I cover them up?
First of all let me say that I do appreciate your response because it gives specific reasons. Let's take this one at a time:

1. "they are hot" - I appreciate the reason given, to you they are probably hot and I believe you.

2. "they are uncomfortable" - I appreciate the reason given, to you they probably are uncomfortable and I believe you.

NOW this is what my original post was all about:
3. "I think they're ugly and shiny - which I hate"

- yes, you are free to believe they are ugly and to hate the fact they are shiny - BUT my response, which is also the point of my original post, is that MEN do not consider them ugly, on the contrary; furthermore, MEN would typically find the fact that they are shiny actually very sexy (so when you say "I think" you are believing in something which is not true, at least according to a lot of MEN. Not sure what your belief is based on, really.)

4. "I have nice legs already - why should I cover them up"

- when I hear this rhetorical question I cringe. If you ask the question like that it reveals that you are looking at pantyhose as a restriction or cover, hence there is only one answer to arrive at - you hate to cover what is already beautiful. I would have no problem with the question if its premise was false, i.e., if it weren't for the fact that for many MEN pantyhose are not covering up your legs but enhancing them, making them smoother and more appealing. This is the case, even with perfect legs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top