Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2009, 10:57 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times

Advertisements

I don't think it's necessarily unattractive (if it's not spackled on with a trowel, anyway), just not particularly necessary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 11:14 AM

1,091 posts, read 3,592,940 times
I am fortunate enough to have striking features and coloring, and don't really need makeup to be pretty.
I wear mascara and tinted lip gloss sometimes for fun, or to look special if I'm going out.
For daily use, I only wear loose powder, to absorb some of the oiliness of my skin so that I don't look shiny.

Old 06-13-2009, 11:21 AM

Yep, I wear translucent face powder for oil absorption, too.

I tried the organic stuff made from cornstarch rather than talc, from everything I'd read about it being better for your skin, but unfortunately, I found cornstarch to be more irritating to my skin than talc ever is. I use my old standby, the classic Coty Airspun in translucent-colorless.

Old 06-13-2009, 11:33 AM

1,091 posts, read 3,592,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Yep, I wear translucent face powder for oil absorption, too.

I tried the organic stuff made from cornstarch rather than talc, from everything I'd read about it being better for your skin, but unfortunately, I found cornstarch to be more irritating to my skin than talc ever is. I use my old standby, the classic Coty Airspun in translucent-colorless.

I use Maybelline Shine Free.
I used to use a brand called Cornsilk (which may have been made with cornstarch, I'm not sure) but I stopped using it because it had a sparkliness to it that I didn't like.

Old 06-13-2009, 09:36 PM

70 posts, read 237,864 times
I have never wore makeup because I'm allergic to it, even allergic to Clinique' Also allergic to perfume. I was blessed with a good complexion, never even had acme when I was a teenager, my face has a good even tone, but I've always felt like I was missing out on something.

Old 06-14-2009, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane72 View Post
I use Maybelline Shine Free.
I used to use a brand called Cornsilk (which may have been made with cornstarch, I'm not sure) but I stopped using it because it had a sparkliness to it that I didn't like.
Yep, Cornsilk is/was made with cornstarch...so is Physicians Formula's Organics line. I used to use Maybelline Shine Free when I was in high school, but at some point, I switched to Coty, because I like that it comes in many shades, really helpful for super pale skin. The art deco retro cardboard packaging is cool, too. You can get it fragrance-free, which is nice.

Old 06-14-2009, 07:25 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,823,807 times
Just to let you know there is a new thread on the relationships board started by a guy who is extremely anti-makeup. He wants women to wear no makeup. I could not disagree with him more. I am more convinced than ever that it is dominant, controlling men who are behind the anti-makeup movment and I can't resent them enough for it.

Old 06-14-2009, 07:40 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
I wear mascara,eye shadow, lipstick or gloss, or colord chapstick and thats it. i have that natural coloring that appears like i am wearing makeup. I have a reddish hue naturaly on my cheeks...young guys in highschool usta say i wear too much blush...baby this is real. I love Clinque make-up. I actually wear make-up to make my self appear older. With out i look like im in my 20's. Want the grown-ups at my school not think i'm a kid.

Old 06-14-2009, 08:58 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,940,698 times
I'm big on mascara. A little mascara makes a huge difference. I have really nice eyes so I like to play them up. I'm really great with makeup but I don't wear much of it. I don't wear anything on my skin (no foundation, blush- not a thing). I think some people are used to piling it on so that the one day that they make the 'mistake' of being seen without it, they just look 'sick'. It's sad but had they not started off wearing so much to begin with, no one would be used to seeing them that way.

Old 06-14-2009, 09:22 PM

111 posts, read 258,722 times
I've personally always preferred the untouched face, particularly natural eye brows: very rare, but so attractive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty