Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2017, 04:34 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,116,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Those Who Squirm View Post
I don't think there's ever been a "suit code", other than the fact that if you are high enough in the org chart to be raking in the big bucks, you have the option of wearing only suits that are custom tailored. The difference in comfort and confidence provided by a suit that truly fits you perfectly, and one that sort-of, kind-of, fits because you bought it off the rack and your dry cleaner did their best to alter it, is huge.

I think a lot of men would gladly wear suits more often if they could get a better fit. I know I would.
No, really, I saw a book that referenced "suit codes" describing the "type of guy and his suit."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2017, 04:39 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
Back in the 60s 70s here in Glasgow everyone had custom made suits, it was just something they always did... and we had lots of tailor shops all over the town..Even Sean Connery got his suits made here in a wee tailor shop in Dennistoun when he was famous...and my cousin who had emigrated to the States would come home on holiday and also have three made from this tailor shop..but on reading the thread title... surely 25 is really still a boy in mens terms hahaha. they dont grow up anyway.

Old 08-12-2017, 06:22 AM

5,428 posts, read 3,497,292 times
Why do you care so much what someone wears? Are you part of the fashion police?

Old 08-12-2017, 10:32 AM

Location: Removing a snake out of the neighbor's washing machine
3,095 posts, read 2,041,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffersondavis View Post
Men over the age of 25 should not be wearing converse, vans, hi-tops or other kid type shoes. Grown ups wear grown up clothes. Wearing T-shirts with logos or graphics on them is for teenagers. Skinny jeans are effeminate and make one look like a homosexual. Baggy jeans are low class and ugly. Whatever happened to grown men who wear adult clothes?

The appropriate shoes for men aged 25 years and older would be monks, oxfords, derbies, and loafers. Grown men also wear button up shirts and polos. NOT short sleeve t-shirts with logos, wife beaters, sports jerseys and other low brow immature styles.

Anyone else agree?

Here: Hop inside, find a nice stretch of straight road, get her up to 88, and don't look back!
I've provided just enough plutonium for a one-way trip back - to 1917. Enjoy!

As for rest of us, we've resolved to believe that age is just a number.

Old 08-12-2017, 10:49 PM

1,517 posts, read 990,994 times
This thread has got to be setting a record for longevity on CD. And as soon as it finally wears out or gets locked down i'd like to have the original SQL of it to send over to the Smithsonian Institute.

Old 08-14-2017, 05:44 AM

2,163 posts, read 1,550,553 times
I know it's a few years old, but I LOVE idiotic posts like these. They're always made by someone who's a guaranteed moron in the real world.

Old 08-19-2017, 05:59 PM

85 posts, read 75,797 times
�� this post is great.

Nothing sexier than a grown man that can sport the "low brow" vans with graphic tee one moment and the "high brow" Brunello Cucinelli, Ferragamo and the like the next.

Old 08-19-2017, 07:16 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Who resurrected this thing? It's 4 years old. Or has it been going non-stop all this time?

Old 03-18-2018, 06:04 PM

1,517 posts, read 990,994 times
Quote:
Skinny jeans are effeminate and make one look like a homosexual.

On reviewing this thread (I'm bored, OK? Get over it) this is about the only thing the OP said that's actually halfway agreeable. Hopefully sooner rather than later, there will be a backlash against this "fashion", if it can be so termed, and it dies a slow, painful, sadistic death and normal jeans will flood the marketplace again. Not that Wranglers and Levis have ever been unavailable, but still.

(Next ironic hipster trend: 13MWZs. Who knows, it might prove they actually have a little bit of taste.)

Old 03-19-2018, 02:45 AM

2,744 posts, read 4,234,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffersondavis View Post
Men over the age of 25 should not be wearing converse, vans, hi-tops or other kid type shoes. Grown ups wear grown up clothes. Wearing T-shirts with logos or graphics on them is for teenagers. Skinny jeans are effeminate and make one look like a homosexual. Baggy jeans are low class and ugly. Whatever happened to grown men who wear adult clothes?

The appropriate shoes for men aged 25 years and older would be monks, oxfords, derbies, and loafers. Grown men also wear button up shirts and polos. NOT short sleeve t-shirts with logos, wife beaters, sports jerseys and other low brow immature styles.

Anyone else agree?
Oh. And I am supposed to listen to advice from someone who is afraid of looking "like a homosexual"?
Who appointed you arbiter of class and taste? Trump?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty