Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2017, 11:44 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,260,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
A "cute" woman wearing a coordinated workout outfit every day isn't an overweight person wearing leggings or someone wearing tights as pants. I didn't mean wearing workout gear is uncommon, I meant that wearing it in an unattractive manner and wearing see-through tights as pants are uncommon. Both are uncommon where I am.

I just used her as an example of what is extremely common around here. In Vegas you see a lot of sheer spandex, tights, everything on big and small women. Maybe I should start taking pictures and posting them on here.

Old 04-15-2017, 12:22 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,821,209 times
Besides my neighbors who might notice, who is watching what other people wear every day?

If you see me in gym clothes, is assumed it's every day wear? On top of that, now they notice if I actually went to the gym that day or not?

I find it hard to believe that anyone cares.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-15-2017, 03:58 PM

2,180 posts, read 2,316,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachie123 View Post
i have seen a lot of women wearing "tights" as if they are yoga pants. just google "tights as pants". you will see many many women and girls out in the streets and stores, etc., wearing tights. tights, not yoga pants. apparently a lot of people are confused that tights are not pants.
^^^ This.

It is not a clean look to have your undies showing through tights. And many are mistaking tights and leggings (which are designed to cover the LEGS not the butt) for yoga pants or active wear pants. It is not a good look.

Old 04-16-2017, 12:27 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,012,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I think that most people on this thread consider leggings to be "yoga pants," based on posts
It seems like basically any black bottoms are considered yoga pants.

Old 04-16-2017, 08:18 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,260,775 times
My goodness people are overly sensitive these days. You can't have an opinion on or about anything anymore, huh?

Old 04-16-2017, 11:59 AM

Yeah, I guess there is a problem with definitions. I consider yoga pants fitted, stretchy, usually with a wide waist band and loose at the ankle.

Workout leggings are normally thicker than regular leggings so you don't have to wear a long tunic to cover the butt when doing squats and the like.

Old 04-17-2017, 12:01 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,113,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Yeah, I guess there is a problem with definitions. I consider yoga pants fitted, stretchy, usually with a wide waist band and loose at the ankle.

Workout leggings are normally thicker than regular leggings so you don't have to wear a long tunic to cover the butt when doing squats and the like.
That is how I define it as well. Thin leggings worn as bottoms without a long top or tunic never look appropriate even on someone with a good figure. If they are the thick type of active wear, then they are intended to be worn as bottoms, and that is OK. I would never wear thin leggings as bottoms, looks awful.

Old 04-25-2017, 01:37 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,368,872 times
Quote:
Besides my neighbors who might notice, who is watching what other people wear every day?

I find it hard to believe that anyone cares.
I will tell you who notices if you are wearing tight fitting spandex or knit that clings to your butt crack or your front pubic area---MEN. MEN OF ALL AGES! THey won't say anything and these days don't whistle, but be aware, THEY ARE CHECKING YOU OUT.

And if you don't believe this, you are very naive!

Old 04-25-2017, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
I will tell you who notices if you are wearing tight fitting spandex or knit that clings to your butt crack or your front pubic area---MEN. MEN OF ALL AGES! THey won't say anything and these days don't whistle, but be aware, THEY ARE CHECKING YOU OUT.

And if you don't believe this, you are very naive!

Again. Why would I care? I'm not dressed lewdly.

Men have been checking women out for thousands of years in all kinds of dress.

Old 04-25-2017, 02:12 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,368,872 times
Quote:
Again. Why would I care? I'm not dressed lewdly.

Men have been checking women out for thousands of years in all kinds of dress.
Yes, but if you are wearing the tight outfits I described above, they'll be seeing your private parts in silhouette... It won't be just young or good looking guys either. Dirty old men, druggies, scummy types...

But obviously you don't care. Probably others don't either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.