Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2007, 07:23 PM

360 posts, read 1,909,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrico90 View Post
Just because you are moderating.... get back on topic...

BTW: http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/sunrico90/stand.jpg?t=1195611658 (broken link)

Best in NYC>>>
lol Sunrico
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2007, 07:24 PM

393 posts, read 1,736,778 times
Fringed....Really, there are many, many folks who are happy in NP, and many who are unhappy anywhere they are. I think the warnings that are being perceived as negative responses to your questions are folks who really are saying, rent and check out the place (anyplace, for that matter). See how it "fits" you. It's hard to read through some of the postings and get practical advice, which is probably what you are really looking for. You may not be looking for the night life, but you do need to think about your own personal everyday life. We all have our own straws that break the camel's back, so to speak. For some it's the long commute to work, for others it's the lack of entertainment. Only you can know what's right for you. Personally, NP/PC is not my cup of tea, as I've said in other posts for a variety of reasons. But for every one of me, there are others that just love it there. Keep smiling, and don't give up on your dream, just keep your eyes open my dear.

Old 11-20-2007, 07:25 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,029,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FringedNFab View Post
The forum police aren't like, gonna kick us off for talking food right?

They are probably happy people aren't complaining how bad life is in Florida. I will be down for the winter on Sunday, can't wait, starting to get cold here.

Old 11-20-2007, 07:26 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,909,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrico90 View Post

BTW: http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/sunrico90/stand.jpg?t=1195611658 (broken link)

Best in NYC>>>
I think I wanna start a hot dog stand now! You can't forget about the chestnuts and the pretzels either!

Old 11-21-2007, 07:54 AM

172 posts, read 945,918 times
they have hot dog carts like that on the side of the road and the people working them wear bikinis. i don't what brings in more business, the attire or the brand of hot dog?

Old 11-21-2007, 08:12 AM

776 posts, read 1,673,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
They are probably happy people aren't complaining how bad life is in Florida. I will be down for the winter on Sunday, can't wait, starting to get cold here.

Actually Nort Port, as one of those original land scam subdivisions of the 1950's and 60's isn't that bad a move considering the location and what homes cost these days.. Compared to say Marion Oaks up in Ocala or Poinciana south of Disney it might look like heaven by comparison..

Old 11-25-2007, 08:25 AM

9 posts, read 34,087 times
Which ever of the several posts mentioned renting would probably be a good idea. If you buy, like I did in 2006, you may still experience some (seems endless) loss in value as the housing market tries to right itself. As long as you plan to stay put for SEVERAL more years, the recovery is likely to be inevitable. It's really not a great feeling knowing that you're upside down in your house. And, I have one of the nicer homes in my neighborhood. It's older, but not thrashed and the landscaping is nice. You can get some real good rental deals almost anywhere you go around here. The state still has property taxes and homeowners insurance kinks to work out so that we can be an attractive locale for people to continue to move. If they don't something soon the dream of capturing all the northern baby boomers will die. The economy here needs a shot in the arm that could be had by just lowering taxes. Simple fix that's been proven to work throughout history. We need our legislators and governor to work for us instead of against us.

Old 11-25-2007, 10:50 AM

2,209 posts, read 7,657,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fort lauderdale View Post
I think I wanna start a hot dog stand now! You can't forget about the chestnuts and the pretzels either!

OK, you supply the cart and I'll supply the Dogs

Old 11-25-2007, 11:00 AM

3,758 posts, read 8,441,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FringedNFab View Post
lol ok... well I'm gonna run out to the store right fast, to Kroger's (for those who know what store that is) bbl bout half hour
In my opinion, Krogers is better than any store I have went to in Florida (and I love Florida) Publix, Sweetbay, Food Lion, Albertson, none of them have anything on Krogers.

Old 11-25-2007, 11:34 AM

65 posts, read 248,567 times
Default NP is nice

Fringe, don't let these people fool you. North Port is fine. I work there all the time and 10 of my employees live there and like it very much. I myself am looking into it because of how cheap the homes are going for. There building a lot there and there's plenty to do near by. I came from a high crime rate area of NY and North Port doesn't even come close. The schools are new and the teachers and Admin are right on top of it! NP has the best deals in Florida right now. Bradenton Sarasota has more problems than NP so don't worry. The police down there are ontop of everything. NP is a great place to live. You can get a new home for $189 K with a pool and all the extras.
Good Luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida