Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2008, 07:37 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,944,844 times

Advertisements

Tonight we are doing a lemon garlic turkey breast, with homemade stuffing and steamed broccoli. Cake for dessert!

Old 01-28-2008, 07:47 AM

1,969 posts, read 5,958,333 times
yummmmmy...that sounds good...although I'd make mashed taters and have some cranbury sauce (just like Thanksgiving!)

Here's a question for ya.......how do you make the turkey breast cutlets? And they seem a little expensive.....do they shrink up? or do they pretty much stay the same size as they are in the package? What I see here is a package of 4 - but it looks like 1 package may not be enough and 2 would just be too much.

Old 01-28-2008, 07:53 AM

48,131 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Just freeze the extra ones, you will someday find the perfect use for those couple of extra turkey breasts, or whatever else you might want just a few more so buy and open a second package, with me its always italian sausages.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:06 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
Mornin' nic29! I personally find it comforting to hear you say you will give it another try! That was my problem...if I failed it once I didn't try again! This thread here is helping me get beyond that. The kind of attitude I had is what made me start disliking cooking so much. I got frusterated and started thinking why try anything...it probably won't turn out anyhow?! Really negetive thinking! But hearing here what everyone says and does has helped me get beyond that kind of thinking..most of the time!! I still have that fear of failure but I'm trying to work past that. Horray for you!

Old 01-28-2008, 09:05 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Morning all-well my hubby decided to share his cold! Lord how I hate colds.

I have a chicken I have to roast-would love to make chicken soup but we just had bean soup last night. So tonight will be beyond simple.

Old 01-28-2008, 09:18 AM

1,969 posts, read 5,958,333 times
Thanks cyn!

I can't say I particularly enjoy cooking because I don't - but I need to lose weight and the kraft mac n cheese just ain't good for that lol. Hubby has been cooking for the last several years, but I have to say grilled chicken and steak - have gotten pretty boring. Yes, we would occasionally throw in a ravioli dinner, but still...our menu has been really limited. Since my daughter has been so busy with cheerleading and such family time has really gotten away from us... I don't want to lose it. So I am making the effort (hoping not to kill anyone in process) to try to cook. We all sit down at the table together and talk about our days. Which is what we have always done, but the limited menu has made it more challenging since no one really wants to be there. lol.

I appreciate everyone's encouragement! I look forward to new ideas and recipes that we may enjoy.

Old 01-28-2008, 09:35 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Morning all-well my hubby decided to share his cold! Lord how I hate colds.

I have a chicken I have to roast-would love to make chicken soup but we just had bean soup last night. So tonight will be beyond simple.
Oh my, LaceyEx! You take care of yourself today. Colds are no fun for sure. Sounds like a good "instant-dinner" is what you need tonight!!

Old 01-28-2008, 09:49 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Nic the most important thing you're doing is everyone sitting at the dinner table and sharing their day-the food at times like that is secondary. Cherish these years with your kids-it goes very fast.

Old 01-28-2008, 09:49 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,944,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nic529 View Post
yummmmmy...that sounds good...although I'd make mashed taters and have some cranbury sauce (just like Thanksgiving!)

Here's a question for ya.......how do you make the turkey breast cutlets? And they seem a little expensive.....do they shrink up? or do they pretty much stay the same size as they are in the package? What I see here is a package of 4 - but it looks like 1 package may not be enough and 2 would just be too much.
I've never cooked with the cutlets before.....aren't they kind of "pounded out" so they cook faster? Today I am using actually a turkey tenderloin (?). It will bake at 350 for one hour and 30 minutes or so.....

Old 01-28-2008, 09:58 AM

601 posts, read 1,904,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I think it was the juice from onion soup too. If someone had told you to use onion soup they must have meant the dry package--tho a whole pack might be too strong. The amount of liquid is usually small. Also more dry ingredient to bind it with the egg might have made a firmer meatloaf.

I do love meatloaf and make it differently each time. This last week I used saltine crumbs and a little gelatin sprinkled over the liquids and it added a nice firm texture (the way the veal would do---I don't eat veal---like it but it is just to sad.
another way for meatloaf---substitute salsa for liquid, just add egg and bread crumbs ,chopped onion, bell pepper and celery- very good.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink