Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2018, 11:28 AM

496 posts, read 411,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Crepes stuffed with spinach, arugula, mushrooms, feta, sun dried tomatoes, and artichoke hearts.

It needs some type of sauce. Lemon? Any ideas? Hollandaise?
That sounds fantastic. I would go with hollandaise.

We had (main meal is at noon since we work 2nd shift) pork chops and a zucchini salad.

Old 05-01-2018, 12:12 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,511,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
The plan is for Debsi’s macaroni salad, with either chicken sausage, or sautéed shrimp.
That sounds really good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
Tonight we are having shrimp tacos and crab tacos both with avocado salsa, refried beans with jalapenos and cheese, cilantro/mango rice and raspberry margaritas.
Oh dear lord, we want pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Crepes stuffed with spinach, arugula, mushrooms, feta, sun dried tomatoes, and artichoke hearts.

It needs some type of sauce. Lemon? Any ideas? Hollandaise?
Crepes with creamy sauces can be so heavy. I like the idea of a lemon vinaigrette made with some of the artichoke heart marinade (if you are using jarred marinated artichokes). You could add capers too.

My mom's recipe for overnight marinated chicken salad (you add the vegetables and chopped peanuts to the chicken before serving so it's not all soggy) turned out really terrific.

I have some of the ginger-sesame chicken in dressing left, so I think tonight I will mix it with more shredded cabbage, green onions, and chopped peanuts, pile it in flour tortillas and call it Asian soft tacos.

I'm going to try this cherry preserve cake too. https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...recipe-1910573

Old 05-01-2018, 12:21 PM

130,375 posts, read 12,118,417 times
Tonight it is turkey keema ( a curry) with some cucumber raita & home made slaw, & maybe a naan.

Old 05-01-2018, 01:23 PM

2,481 posts, read 2,236,615 times
I got some nice trout this afternoon across the street..they are hatchery trout, just stocked..so they will not have that wild taste..I kept 3 to eat, also there are plenty of Dandelion greens, , wild scallions, and ramps to make a 'woodland' salad to go with the fish tomorrow for dinner...

I gutted them just now, and put them in the fridge.

will cook them whole tomorrow for dinner.

My wife is making Shepherds Pie for dinner tonight with ground lamb.

Homemade blueberry tarts for desert.

Life is good.:~}

Last edited by mr.magoo; 05-01-2018 at 01:39 PM..

Old 05-01-2018, 02:01 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,313,066 times
Fish and chips
Fried green tomatoes

Old 05-01-2018, 02:27 PM

50,378 posts, read 64,007,408 times
Quote:
The plan is for Debsi’s macaroni salad, with either chicken sausage, or sautéed shrimp.
I made it, and it is delish. I made it as directed, but added some black olives, and only had fresh parsley. If I get my lazy bum out to the garden I’ll add some thyme.

Note to Dawn: 2 words, mini chopper.
Attached Thumbnails
What's for Dinner?  2018 Edition-1d20a098-a48a-4e0d-9cd3-3f7232a6eb4d.jpeg  

Old 05-01-2018, 02:44 PM

588 posts, read 463,272 times
I am still using the iron skillet that I used for the thin sliced bottom round and onion with gravy with a little of that gravy to use tonight.

Baked chicken breasts with the skin still on for the sauce that will accompany. Mashed potatoes, skin still on, julienned French green beans, gravy over the mashed potatoes.

It is 80 degrees here and I am wearing shorts and sandals.....YES! Spring is here!

No boyfriend tonight. Thank god I do not have to vacuum!

Elementary kids tomorrow for my retirement gig. I am sure I will have a sun burn by the end of the day since there will be at least two recesses. Yay! Using left overs from the bottom round for lunch.

Old 05-01-2018, 02:46 PM

Quote:
I made it, and it is delish. I made it as directed, but added some black olives, and only had fresh parsley. If I get my lazy bum out to the garden I’ll add some thyme.

Oh, it looks to cool and refreshing! YUM!

Old 05-01-2018, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
That sounds really good!

Oh dear lord, we want pictures.

Crepes with creamy sauces can be so heavy. I like the idea of a lemon vinaigrette made with some of the artichoke heart marinade (if you are using jarred marinated artichokes). You could add capers too.

My mom's recipe for overnight marinated chicken salad (you add the vegetables and chopped peanuts to the chicken before serving so it's not all soggy) turned out really terrific.

I have some of the ginger-sesame chicken in dressing left, so I think tonight I will mix it with more shredded cabbage, green onions, and chopped peanuts, pile it in flour tortillas and call it Asian soft tacos.

I'm going to try this cherry preserve cake too. https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...recipe-1910573
I agree...I was thinking of a light butter application mixed with a tangy liquid.

Very light. I love hollandaise way too much. I could eat it on anything! A little lemon if you have it on hand.

Old 05-01-2018, 03:01 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,040,976 times
Quote:

SO FUNNY!!! As soon as I saw your post this morning that you're making it, I walked my fingers over the keyboard to Amazon and researched choppers. I haven't decided on one yet. Is there one that you recommend?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink