Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2018, 09:46 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.magoo View Post
a
I buried it with honors in the backyard. It was a sad day at Magoo Manor. ( wiping a tear)

I now have a pizza 'steel', it was quite expensive, sometimes the pizzas come out great, sometimes not so good...you have to preheat the 'steel' for at least an hour.

The jury is still out on the 'steel', I might get another stone as an alternate.
https://www.amazon.com/Baking-Steel-...4842619&sr=8-1
Please report back on this! It looks interesting.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-27-2018, 09:55 AM

2,218 posts, read 3,454,433 times
Last night I made something I have not had in at least 10 years....sloppy joe's. It just isnt what we would normally eat. I have to say, it was delicious. I made my own sauce rather th an use a mix, and I made it less sweet than the recipe suggested.

I wont make it too often, but wow..it really tasted good.

Old 04-27-2018, 10:05 AM

126,283 posts, read 19,057,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicshark View Post
Tonight I am putting together pizzas. I bought two pizza doughs because I am horrible at making crust. Although I usually make the sauce I bought some this time. I will make a pepperoni pizza for the kids. For the adults I have some crazy good pastrami I bought from a local charcuterie. I will use that and either fresh tomato chunks or mushroom slices.
Delicious

I too will have a pizza night.

One pizza Margherita with
pureed tomatoes
garlic cloves
olive oil
basil leaves
pinch of sugar
mozzarella cheese
Another pizza with homemade tomato sauce,pepperoni,mushrooms,onion slices,hot peppers,green olives,mozzarella cheese.
And a pizza with homemade tomato sauce,tomato slices,green olives,chili peppers,green and red Bell pepper slices,oregano and marble cheese. Served with red radish and cucumber salad. To drink Rickard's beer and they can choose if they want red, dark, white or blonde.

Later strong brewed coffee with vanilla ice cream,garnished with whipped cream and Mocha chocolate curls.

Have a nice weekend everyone

Old 04-27-2018, 10:44 AM

50,379 posts, read 64,007,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almrausch View Post
Delicious

pureed tomatoes
garlic cloves
olive oil
basil leaves
pinch of sugar
mozzarella cheese
Another pizza with homemade tomato sauce,pepperoni,mushrooms,onion slices,hot peppers,green olives,mozzarella cheese.
And a pizza with homemade tomato sauce,tomato slices,green olives,chili peppers,green and red Bell pepper slices,oregano and marble cheese. Served with red radish and cucumber salad. To drink Rickard's beer and they can choose if they want red, dark, white or blonde.

Later strong brewed coffee with vanilla ice cream,garnished with whipped cream and Mocha chocolate curls.

I adore black coffee with dessert, but if I had it with dinner, I’d be awake all night. Darn it.

Tonight, spaghetti and salad for us. Still working on the ricotta cake.

Old 04-27-2018, 11:35 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,511,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
The more butter the better. I don't think it's unhealthy, it was the sugar I was thinking about. But now that I've actually READ the recipe it doesn't all get eaten, in fact I would guess very little sticks to the fish, so it's not so bad after all. I bet allrecipes didn't read the recipe either before it proclaimed 700 calories per piece.

Have you tried it yet? As a fellow non-fish-lover, I'm curious!
Yes, and I liked it enough that I bought another bag of frozen cod! I made 2 pieces and he ate 1.5 of them. Next time I will make 3 or maybe even 4 pieces, though I'm sure 1 is enough for me.
It is definitely not a fishy fish.

The Torsk went really well with sides of boiled red potatoes and cole slaw.

Old 04-27-2018, 01:33 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,642,353 times
I begged Mr. Praline to grill a slab of ribs today rather than tomorrow. I made potato salad and put baked beans in the slow cooker this morning. More Moscow Mules and the rest of the pineapple-upside down cupcakes for dessert.

Old 04-27-2018, 02:17 PM

2,481 posts, read 2,236,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
Can he check on my house when we're gone?
Indiana is a long haul for him...

Old 04-27-2018, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almrausch View Post
Delicious

pureed tomatoes
garlic cloves
olive oil
basil leaves
pinch of sugar
mozzarella cheese

sounds lovely!
Nothing like homemade tomato sauce!
the toppings and salad plus desserts..to die for.

Old 04-27-2018, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Please report back on this! It looks interesting.
I had a hygienist appt. at the Dentist today..we were going to make some Vietnamese meatball and raw veggies tonight, but Magicshark put me in a Pizza mode.

My wife asked if we could buy the wheat pizza dough, because they only make it on Fridays..we picked up some at the bakery on the way home..

I made some homemade crushed tomato sauce with the last quart of our home canned Jersey plum tomatoes..
Sauté chopped garlic, onions in Olive oil, add tomatoes, squash tomatoes with an antique hand potato masher ( my grand-mères) http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...4-img-5571.jpg
some dried oregano Sea salt and pepper. let simmer for about 20 minutes.

The Italian Peoples bakery had some fresh basil so I grabbed a bag..99 cents...snipped some of that into the sauce too.

I chopped up another clove of garlic in some EVOO..put in in the Microwave for a minute.

The dough was so easy to toss, no rips or holes ..I like a super thin crust, but my wife likes a more chewy robust crust.
We did the 'Rock,Paper, Scissors' thing and I lost..so the pie is thick crust..

The pizza steel is preheated, we put some cornmeal down on it, then lay the pizza dough down on it for about a minute..

take the dough out..brush the dough down with the chopped garlic and olive oil..get it all up into the corners of the dough..

Crushed tomato sauce next, then the mozzarella, then some thin sliced white onion and green pepper..
pour any left over garlic/ olive oil on top...maybe a little more sea salt, ground pepper and dried oregano.

The dough was fantastic, crunchy, light and chewy..

The wheat crust was a winnah!http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...2-img-5569.jpg

We only have Philly chocolate- peanut butter Tasty -cakes for dessert.

picked up a bottle of a modestly priced Ruffino Chianti.

Last edited by mr.magoo; 04-27-2018 at 03:08 PM..

Old 04-27-2018, 03:01 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,040,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.magoo View Post
Hi Dawn!
Bro, he is a tall and handsome educated guy, great cook, and my travel buddy when we were young'uns hitchiking across Europe..since then he has visited 41 different countries.

Real quick, we learned to cook, all 5 of us..because my Mom couldn't even boil an egg...and didn't care to learn.
Dad was a great and innovative cook, but he worked long hours.

PS. I owe you some more stories from the 'dest' lady and others.
Update:

Did you know that I'm having dinner with your brother tonight? No? (He doesn't know either.) It's only in my dream, in some alternate universe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink