Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2015, 11:18 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,162,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennies4Penny View Post
And **** all of you who are belittling my point of view because I am a stay at home mom.
As a stay-at-home mom, you are solely responsible for protecting your child(ren) from the danger of home invaders. I can think of no better reason to be armed and trained.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2015, 11:21 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,162,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark85 View Post
I'd probably hold my gun on them and immediately order them face down on the ground, arms spread. Then shoot them in the kneecaps and call the cops.
Shooting them in the kneecaps - especially if you do so while they're on the ground - will almost certainly get you arrested along with the intruders.

Old 04-29-2015, 11:46 PM

488 posts, read 819,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
Shooting them in the kneecaps - especially if you do so while they're on the ground - will almost certainly get you arrested along with the intruders.
As I said earlier, I wasn't serious when I said this. Boys and girls, do not shoot anyone's kneecaps!

Old 04-29-2015, 11:57 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,961,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrolman View Post
I've been teaching CCW classes for several years, before and after I retired as a LEO. These are just some of the key elements I teach, in no particular order:

1. The best gunfight is the one you are not in.

2. Every projectile exiting the muzzle of your firearm has LAWSUIT written all over it. I've seen this happen over and over, affecting law enforcement, as well as civilians. Anyone can sue anybody for anything. You can bet your bottom dollar the the criminal (if he/she lives) or the surviving family will file a lawsuit against you.
Granted, but I think I'd fare much better in court than I would in the morgue.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:26 AM

13,248 posts, read 7,308,440 times
Here is another home invasion recording of a 911 call not from the incident I'm talking about but this woman shot the person after the intruder was beating on her. The incident that I'm referring to my co-worker was never in the news it was not in Maricopa county. I'm not going to get into the details but these things happen all the time all over the country, and the details have nothing to do with the debate. In this situation this woman on this 911 call is beaten before she gets a shot off. Confronting An intruder in the home your in a small room have a second or 2 to decide to shoot. This person could over power you and get the firearm away from you? Are you willing to wait to see what his plan is now that he has been surprised? Maybe you hide in a bathroom like this woman did but you aren't armed and talking to the 911 operator or worse yet you have no phone in the bathroom and your just hoping the intruder is nice enough to take a few things and go away.

911 recording: Phoenix homeowner shoots intruder

Another case was the home invasion of the Shapiro's home which led to torture and death. You never know what someone is going to do it's always best to shoot first and worry about it later.

Man faces charges in death of Arizona couple, four others arrested, police say | Fox News

Old 04-30-2015, 05:23 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Which is why I said "if possible".
I'm not going to say you have given poor advice but it should not be the law, LE should never be able to question your actions if you shoot someone that has unlawfully entered your home. That last thing you should be in the back of your mind is if fleeing is an option before you shoot and am i going to be charged with murder if I do.

Last edited by thecoalman; 04-30-2015 at 05:44 AM..

Old 04-30-2015, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogead View Post
Shooting someone in the back because the're running out the door with your laptop should be deemed murder.
There is too many possibilities with that legitimately happening. Let's not forget it's the homeowner that is the victim. They haven't asked for this and there is no way they could have prevented being placed into a very intense situation that often requires split second decisions. It's the intruder who is at fault and if the consequences of their actions is death that is on them, the homeowner should never be facing the possibility of being victimized by law enforcement.

Old 04-30-2015, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove42 View Post

Surely if it's just a woman you can take them down without shooting them.
There is reason they call the gun "The Great Equalizer". A female armed with gun is just as dangerous as any male. Any intruder into your home has to be considered armed and dangerous.

Old 04-30-2015, 06:05 AM

2,852 posts, read 1,613,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
"et domus sua cuique est tutissimum refugium"

One needs to define what is meant by intruder. In every state that I can find, there still has to be some illegal intent or reasonable presumption of imminent harm on the part of the person who has "intruded" in one's home.
Well, then put me on the jury...
To be 'intruded' upon by a stranger into my home (aka castle... see above) is enough for me to justify shooting the 'intruder' to the point of extinction.

Next case, please....

Old 04-30-2015, 06:10 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,282,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Granted, but I think I'd fare much better in court than I would in the morgue.
Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates