Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 06:04 AM

8,895 posts, read 20,005,041 times

Advertisements

Guess home sales in Baytown aren't hurting. I have a friend who lives in an area called Springfield estates (goose creek h.s.). Their next door neighbors listed their 1600 sq foot home for sale and sold on the first day for asking price with multiple offers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2015, 08:07 AM

61 posts, read 101,026 times
The crash of the Eagle Ford Shale has hit my hometown and surrounding area hard in South Texas. I've had my home on the market there almost a year. But the refining and maintenance apparatus still needs skilled workers. I would think that has something to do with it.

Texas7, what kind I'd work does your friend do there?

Old 09-28-2015, 08:18 AM

theone33,
Again, ALL of you have been awesome. I've gotten something valuable from every comment.

And I will let you know! Anxious to get back to Texas and put the past in my rearview. 😊😊😊

Old 09-28-2015, 09:15 AM

8,895 posts, read 20,005,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scout1964 View Post
The crash of the Eagle Ford Shale has hit my hometown and surrounding area hard in South Texas. I've had my home on the market there almost a year. But the refining and maintenance apparatus still needs skilled workers. I would think that has something to do with it.

Texas7, what kind I'd work does your friend do there?
My friend is self employed and travels to locations around Houston so they didn't move there for her job. They moved there for her husband's job. he is a process/technician operator at one of the plants. Sorry I don't have more info than that.

Old 09-28-2015, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
My friend is self employed and travels to locations around Houston so they didn't move there for her job. They moved there for her husband's job. he is a process/technician operator at one of the plants. Sorry I don't have more info than that.
No worries. Process tech's make good money. Especially when that comes with experience.

Old 09-28-2015, 08:22 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,707,657 times
The low prices of oil & gas is creating a boom in the chemicals sector. Lots of huge chemical plant expansions going on right now as we speak.

Old 09-28-2015, 08:47 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,261,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
Baytown is the garden spot of far eastern Harris County Texas. Gary Busey Hails from there and he's completely normal, right ?

Seriously you never told us what your budget was. Are you buying or renting ?
Absolutely hysterical. Thank you.

Old 09-28-2015, 08:50 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
I remember re lee high school of 1966 all air conditioned for a poor boy transfer from channel view it was heaven

Old 10-06-2015, 08:56 AM

So, we are here. And everyone was right. No one was wrong. It's all about perspective and how you choose to filter. The coming months will determine if we stay in Baytown or move to Clear Lake. I can tell you I'm delighted to have a Panera, Pier One and Starbucks. Those are luxuries compared to where we were. Although where we were was rural, at the confluence of two rivers, multiple large lakes and at the base of the Ozarks. But did I mention there's a Panera, a Pier One and a Starbucks?

The biggest headache has actually nothing to do with Baytown. My stuff has gone traveling with the movers. Their company continues to add hot shots onto their route. They picked me up three days late and are now three days later than they were supposed to be on their delivery. I am not happy about that AT ALL.

The one negative I have really noticed here though is that there are so many people on Garth Road that drive like total idiots. We haven't been here a week and I've seen four wrecks. Crazy. I thinking of them was Gary Busey.

Old 10-06-2015, 03:24 PM

Huh. No edit tab. That last sentence was supposed to read, I was thinking one of them was Gary Busey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston