Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2009, 02:15 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,503,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace_Rinaldi View Post
Heres the view out my knife shop roll up door yesterday... The machinery was all on display, and the snow looked so cool I snapped off a few shots... This is the first real snow we've seen so far..
After that it was a Moose chili-Shooting social... The neighbors came over, we sat around the wood burning stove, ate some chili, and then we sent a bunch of hot lead downrange, snow and all!

Have I mentioned I LOVE it here!???
I'd say you have about the same amount of snow we do. I like your toy collection, bet you're having fun with the hoe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 02:39 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,925,177 times
We had about the same amount of snow here in Midvale too. It is down to a little over an inch now but staying around. Hubby went down to the park with his skidsteer and moved the garbage cans, they are in cement covers heavy, back away from the street this morning so they are out of the way for the coming snow removal season. So he got his tires all aired up and the little machine ready to plow us out when the time comes. The side car port slot works great for the skid steer. He backs it in and plows his way right on out.

Doing some pre turkey day cooking. House is smelling so good. Anyone traveling by is welcome to stop in. We are just the two of us and the critters so do not expect fancy if you do stop. Looking at the webcam the roads are good in our area and the sun is out. Very little traffic on the road for now.

Chris

Old 11-25-2009, 03:34 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Shades, what a great invite! We're heading down to Grangeville to spend time with my sister-in-law and her husband.

What's everyone else up to for T-Day?

Old 11-25-2009, 04:01 PM

420 posts, read 1,193,771 times
Trace,
Hope your buddy's kid is OK. Toyman drive safely. I am gonna sit here at home and not do a darn thing but eat and watch tv. My electrical is all just about done in the barn and wood shop. I have more lights and plugs than K-mart. Have a safe and insane holiday. Remember, God is Great, beer is good and people are crazy.

Old 11-25-2009, 10:17 PM

291 posts, read 669,622 times
You all have a wonderful thanksgiving. Whoever is carving the turkey-pace yourself with the potatoe juice.

Old 11-29-2009, 08:48 PM

19 posts, read 42,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
It's been kind of a rough day here. One of the guys I work with has a son in Afganistan, he got a call yesterday saying he'd been hurt. His platoon was on a patrol when his buddy touched off a mine. He was hit with the concussion and knocked out for some time. He was transported to Kandahar (was unconcious during the medivac), has a pretty good concussion and is sore, but sounds like he should make a full recovery. The other guy (the one that set off the mine) is in bad shape. We don't know details, but it sounds touch and go. It's a wake up call when it's someone you know.
My son had a similar experience when he drove over an IED in Iraq. We are sad his brain seems permanently scrambled but the Spokane VA is terrific as is our local Veterans Affairs officer. Hope your soldier does better. I am new to the forum and enjoying reading all comments. Sometimes, after 20+ years here, a hot climate with a longer garden season seems attractive but I guess I'm rooted past the frost line by now. If I could just get out of town!

Old 12-01-2009, 08:57 AM

7,379 posts, read 12,668,186 times
Katy, welcome to the porch, and so sorry to hear about your son's condition.
It looks like you guys on the porch had a good Thanksgiving! So did we. Chris, what a nice gesture to invite us porchers to stop by. We came home from a spectacular trip to the wilds of the cold high desert of SW Utah, and the next morning our computer went down, again! Oh no! With Xmas cards to write, and work piling up! So I'm writing this on my minuscule BlackBerry keyboard! Now that's dedication, wouldn't you say?
Sorry I can't start a Dec events thread just yet, but as soon as our beastly computer is back online I'll get a thread going.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:03 AM

3,109 posts, read 10,838,848 times
CFF,

That IS dedication. I have surfed CDF on my Blackberry at times, and it's no picnic compared to a full size screen.

Old 12-02-2009, 09:34 AM

7,379 posts, read 12,668,186 times
I wouldn't know what to do without the Berry for e-mails when the Beast is down or I'm out of town, but websurfing is a challenge! it's ridiculous, I'm sitting here in front of the dead computer screen working on the Blackberry as if that's the only place to work! Force of habit...but yesterday afternoon, without the computer, I got so much work done around the house, including laundry, picking limes and oranges in the backyard, and baking 6 loaves of bread! There's a lesson in there, somewhere...

Old 12-03-2009, 05:07 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,925,177 times
Hi Y'all. Just dropping in for a minute. Spent a little time running down our DR this afternoon.Cause I was worried. Talked to a neighbor living two doors down from where he and family are moving into and neighbor was kind enough to let me know they have landed. Moving van arrived he thought on Tuesday.
That is all I know. I know some here have been wondering. I am sure we will be hearing from him soon.

Chris
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho