Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 06:55 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by {geek} View Post
Benicar, I don't think that would ever happen. All of your white brothers and sisters would stand with you. I know I would!
So would I. Just like I did during the civil rights movement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2010, 07:07 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
Lately I've noticed a tendency among immigration advocates to justify their stance with an indictment of other minorities, namely black people. The argument usually centers around the notion that illegal immigrants tend to have a better work ethic and tighter familial structure than those "welfare-dependent, broken-home" blacks. They are also quick to point out the prevalence of "black criminality" as a greater threat to public safety than crimes committed by illegals. And of course, we're all familiar with Vicente Fox's profound insight several years ago that illegal Mexicans are here to do the jobs "not even blacks will do."

So what exactly accounts for this tendency? I am aware of the anti-black bias element prevalent in the culture, manifested most starkly perhaps in the continued marginalization of populations of African descent in Mexico for instance. Does this cultural element make it easier for people like Fox to believe the way they do? Or is this simply a kind of "reverse divide-and-conquer" strategy (appealing to white conservatives who actually feel the same way about blacks) some illegal immigration advocates have decided to use to dilute the overwhelming white conservative opposition to illegal immigration?

You may be mistaken about white conservatives. It has been pointed out on numerous threads that liberals notoriously take on the cause of the minority to their detrement. It is very obvious that is the liberal cause to legalize illegals. You, yourself, said the left is making derogatory comments about blacks to make Hispanics look more palatable. Could it be that blacks have risen to a point where they realize the libs are not their friends so the libs have to create another class of sub humans to manipulate?

It is the conservatives in the nation that are fighting the illegal immigrants. And none of the conservatives I know feel the way you describe about blacks. I am quite conservative and have several black family members. We all cried when Obama was inaugurated although we don't agree with many of his policies.

I think the majority of all people judge people on the content of their character. And in saying that, I don't think many have a bad feeling about Hispanics either. It's just that coming here illegally is not fair to those that have waited in line to become legal citizens.

Old 09-07-2010, 09:57 PM

686 posts, read 1,698,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
It DOES matter because those native indians held no ownership papers. They came over here from somewhere else themselves. They didn't just sprout up out of the ground like corn. What does this have to do with the Mexicans coming here illegally anyway? Their ancestoral tribes weren't even from the U.S.

No, according to the CIA Worldfact Book, 60% of Mexicans are of mixed Spanish and native indian blood. Only a small number are pure blooded Aztec or Mayan.

Some Aztecs or Mayan women may have been raped but certainly not the bulk of them. If so, prove it! It doesn't matter anyway. You cannot deny your genetics whether or not your mother was raped. Some Mestizo Mexicans have a white mother and a native indian father for that matter. Many Mexicans have very light skin and they got it from their Spanish ancestors.

All this digging up of the past is totally irrelevant to the present. We are now a soverign nation with borders and have the right to enforce our immigration laws just like any other country in the world including Mexico. Throughout history lands have exchanged hands and wars have been fought over land. Deal with it! At least we paid Mexico 15 million for some southwest territories and forgave them many debts to acquire them. I hate a sore loser later on.
First off they didn't need ownership papers, they came here between 10,000-30,000 years ago so yes they are native to this land., they made their life by living off the land, It was their's, but that didn't stop whites from commiting genocide against them and taking almost all their land.

second, 30% of Mexico is pure native american.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:14 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Benicar, I don't think that would ever happen. All of your white brothers and sisters would stand with you. I know I would!
Quote:
So would I. Just like I did during the civil rights movement.
Thank you! Of course, I was exaggerating about not being allowed on the bus, but I’m sure they would try to make the lives of black citizens a living hell. Make no mistake, we aren’t going back to those days, but I appreciate your support.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Thank you! Of course, I was exaggerating about not being allowed on the bus, but I’m sure they would try to make the lives of black citizens a living hell. Make no mistake, we aren’t going back to those days, but I appreciate your support.

It would be even worse for whites.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:29 PM

894 posts, read 1,127,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Yes, I understood the fact that you were exercising poetic liberty. However, it is a serious threat and we can never allow this country to slide back into that way of thinking and behaving. Not ever.

Lots of whites along with blacks, lost their lives in the struggle to give blacks the freedom they so rightly deserved. It would be such a tragedy to ever let their deaths be in vain.

My family didn't live in this country during those times, and thus, did not own slaves. I believe blacks should forgive, but never forget.

Forgiveness isn't for those that have oppressed you, forgiveness is for yourself -- it's personal, and allows a burden to be lifted from your heart and soul. Hate is a heavy weight, and prevents one from reaching their full potential.

I was the victim of robbery and forcible rape at gunpoint by an illegal alien from Mexico. While I detest the act of violence committed against me, I have forgiven this man, but it does not mean I will forget his actions.

The forgiveness was not for him, it was for me. By forgiving him, I allowed the burden to be lifted from my heart and soul so I could move forward as a whole person and no longer be his victim.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:43 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Yes, I understood the fact that you were exercising poetic liberty. However, it is a serious threat and we can never allow this country to slide back into that way of thinking and behaving. Not ever.

Lots of whites along with blacks, lost their lives in the struggle to give blacks the freedom they so rightly deserved. It would be such a tragedy to ever let their deaths be in vain.

My family didn't live in this country during those times, and thus, did not own slaves. I believe blacks should forgive, but never forget.

Forgiveness isn't for those that have oppressed you, forgiveness is for yourself -- it's personal, and allows a burden to be lifted from your heart and soul. Hate is a heavy weight, and prevents one from reaching their full potential.

I was the victim of robbery and forcible rape at gunpoint by an illegal alien from Mexico. While I detest the act of violence committed against me, I have forgiven this man, but it does not mean I will forget his actions.

The forgiveness was not for him, it was for me. By forgiving him, I allowed the burden to be lifted from my heart and soul so I could move forward as a whole person and no longer be his victim.
I wholeheartedly agree.

Old 09-08-2010, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adirondackguy123 View Post
First off they didn't need ownership papers, they came here between 10,000-30,000 years ago so yes they are native to this land., they made their life by living off the land, It was their's, but that didn't stop whites from commiting genocide against them and taking almost all their land.

second, 30% of Mexico is pure native american.
Neither did the Europeans need papers to come here then. You admit that the so-called natives came here from somewhere else just like the Europeans did so that did not make them native to THIS continent or our country.

Why are you arguing about the past anyway? Those people are all dead now. We aren't them and they aren't us. Even if my ancestors help anhilate the so-called natives (which they didn't) what has that to do with me? Am I somehow responsible for my dead ancestors transgressions?

It isn't the descendants of the tribes who settled in the U.S. that are trying to crash our borders today. They are already here and are considered to be U.S. citizens. It is the descendants of the tribes from south of our border that are coming here illegally aka Mexicans. They weren't indigenous to the U.S.

So since 30% of Mexicans are descendants of the indigenous of points south of our border what has that to do with us? No one can claim ownership to any entire continent.

Last edited by chicagonut; 09-08-2010 at 08:20 AM..

Old 09-08-2010, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Neither did the Europeans need papers to come here then. You admit that the so-called natives came here from somewhere else just like the Europeans did so that did not make them native to THIS continent or our country.

Why are you arguing about the past anyway? Those people are all dead now. We aren't them and they aren't us. Even if my ancestors help anhilate the so-called natives (which they didn't) what has that to do with me? Am I somehow responsible for my dead ancestors transgressions?

It isn't the descendants of the tribes who settled in the U.S. that are trying to crash our borders today. They are already here and are considered to be U.S. citizens. It is the descendants of the tribes from south of our border that are coming here illegally aka Mexicans. They weren't indigenous to the U.S.

So since 30% of Mexicans are descendants of the indigenous of points south of our border what has that to do with us? No one can claim ownership to any entire continent.

First off they were natives to this continent, they were here over 10,000 years before the first europeans arrived, and yes the early europeans are guilty of genocide to the native people of this continent.

My point is illegal immigration happened back then and now it's happening again and it can't be stopped.

Old 09-08-2010, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adirondackguy123 View Post
First off they were natives to this continent, they were here over 10,000 years before the first europeans arrived, and yes the early europeans are guilty of genocide to the native people of this continent.

My point is illegal immigration happened back then and now it's happening again and it can't be stopped.
No one is a native to anywhere if they came from somewhere else in the first place.

I never said that there weren't atrocities committed by the early Europeans but on the other hand the so-called natives also did the same to them. Even those Europeans who were peaceful and only staking out a new homeland were ravaged and attacked. Including the raping and killing of their women and children. There is enough guilt to go around about the past.

Who says that illegal immigration can't be stopped today? We have an armed military, high tech surveillance equipment and can complete the physical barrier on the border. We can also take away all incentives to come here and continue with internal enforcement. We can cut illegal immigration back to a trickle if only our government cared about doing so. Eventually, they will have to do the jobs they were elected to do and honor the will of the American people and it won't be much longer either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration