Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 04:54 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times

Advertisements

[quote=chicagonut;19796664][quote=M.1989;19796241]
Quote:
I do think illegals need to be controlled but deporting the good illegals (the ones I mentioned above) will certainly not be a benefit to the economy especially since the immigration system denies permanent residence to chinese and indians that are educated in the US - so they go compete against it - that is really what immigration officers should work on.

is this true ??? You mean we make doctors and stuff here and then make them go home ??? I guess what I'm really asking is are we really training people to compete against us ??? Why would we do that ?

Don't you think we should first determine whether or not we need these so-called good illegals? I am not sure we need them either. It isn't like we have a shortage of American professionals at least not that I know of.
Isn't that what many of the masterminds of Al Quaida did, including OSAMA BIN LADEN. Came here as a student, got their education from an American University then turned that knowledge against us?

Yeah why would we continue doing that? Educating our enemy?

We DO just keep shooting ourselves in the foot!

I'd turn that faucet off too. (Or limit their visas to such a degree they'd have to be virtually walking on water just to file an application to study here).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2011, 06:16 PM

14 posts, read 6,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
They know this and take full advantage of everything the United States has to offer.

I just want to know when did the needs of AMERICAN CITIZENS take a backseat to an ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT'S ?
It isn't so much that the needs of American citizens are intrinsically more important than illegal immigrants. It is that a job is a job is a job. Americans are already competing against people from every country in the world. Americans competed with the Chinese on making shirts and Americans lost, and that is a good thing. Now you can buy T shirts for cheaper than ever. Immigration and off shoring are two sides of the same coin.

In the future you're going to have to make a choice, take a pay cut, let another person take your job, or see that job go somewhere else unless you can do it better than anyone else. "American" companies don't care about "American" jobs. A job is a job.

Old 06-28-2011, 07:08 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,156,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The real reason is that the elitists control the government and they want their dirt cheap labor - but not only the dirt cheap labor, they want to bring their corporations to Mexico even if the Mexicans are displaced like the campesinos were with NAFTA.

The trade deals that benefit the very wealthy are so important that the government of the USA is willing to destroy the middle class and have a large permanent unemployed class. Simply continue gouging the taxpayers to pay for it all, the rich get richer quickly and can leave at any time, they have no desire to save the USA, they have no desire to have a middle class.

It's all about greed.
Exactly.

Old 06-29-2011, 12:10 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
THANK YOU! Yes, these pro-illegals are exhausting to deal with. Almost worse than trying to explain why you shouldn't touch a hot stove to an obstinate toddler.
There are really only three kinds of pro-illegals.

1. Those who financially profit from them. They adore having taxpayer subsidized ultra cheap labor and unlimited numbers of cheap servants. Why pay an American minimum wage when they can have near-slaves they can pay dirt and if they ever get too big for their britches and ask for a raise, they can be dumped and easily replaced.

2. Those who pity them. These are the bleeding hearts who believe no other country has to be reformed or improved but that the over 2 billion impoverished people throughout the world should be brought into the USA, paid to have babies if they can't afford them, and provided a nice standard of living.

3. The raza types who don't want unlimited immigration and don't want the over 2 billion people brought here for a comfortable life but wnat unlimited immigration and no laws for their own "race". They see uncontrolled massive immigration as a "reconquista", their country takes over the USA and crushes the despised "gringo".

Old 06-29-2011, 06:57 AM

34 posts, read 42,110 times
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/27/us...tion.html?_r=1

This is how it should be! Retain the talent and not ship it elsewhere. Just tell me how much economic sense does it make to fund the person's education for all this time and then send her back to her homeland. Wouldn't it be better for the US if she remains in the US where she might open her own dental clinic and employ others with her? It just does not make any sense in whatever country, doesn't necessarily have to be in the US, to educate a person their entire life and send them to another country. You would be throwing to waste all that money you spent on educating them in the first place. Illegal students should never be deported - the other country would be benefitting ultimately off your tax money because it wouldn't have spent a dime on educating the student.

Is it so hard to fathom?

Old 06-29-2011, 07:41 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.1989 View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/27/us...tion.html?_r=1

This is how it should be! Retain the talent and not ship it elsewhere. Just tell me how much economic sense does it make to fund the person's education for all this time and then send her back to her homeland. Wouldn't it be better for the US if she remains in the US where she might open her own dental clinic and employ others with her? It just does not make any sense in whatever country, doesn't necessarily have to be in the US, to educate a person their entire life and send them to another country. You would be throwing to waste all that money you spent on educating them in the first place. Illegal students should never be deported - the other country would be benefitting ultimately off your tax money because it wouldn't have spent a dime on educating the student.

Is it so hard to fathom?
You are of course assuming that we need them to fill some kind of job worker void. Why is that? Do you actually think we don't have enough American workers both blue and white collar? If so, perhaps you could provide a cite to this.

What needs to happen instead is when students are enrolled in school they have to provide a valid U.S. birth certificate or other proof of legal residency. That way we are only putting out the expense of educating only those authorized to be in this country. Ending birthright citizenship for anchors would be another huge education savings. Legislation needs to be drawn up to corrects these two travesties.

Last edited by chicagonut; 06-29-2011 at 08:18 AM..

Old 06-29-2011, 07:48 AM

278 posts, read 622,089 times
Quote:
It features on every journal or paper I read, some American state crafting and enforcing legislation to crack down on illegal immigration. So how is the situation with illegals in the US because in Europe, especially in the Mediterranean we've been having an influx of illegals over the past years from North Africa, whilst northern europe has had an influx of indians and pakistanis and also arabs - but 'deportation' and all that are seldom heard here. I must admit we've been trying to share the burden of this influx with other european countries..nevertheless they are illegal and just like many of the complaints I hear in these forums, they replace the locals in the construction and farming industry as they are cheaper.

So my question is what really bothers the average american of having an illegal alien? If they are undocumented are they eligible to government services etc? How is the government supporting these illegals if they are undocumented?

Would an American really replace the illegal working at the farm for a dollar an hour? Wouldn't the farmer and those other businesses employing cheap labour threaten to close down and relocate elsewhere if they had to replace their cheap source of labour which undoubtedly would just be detrimental to the economy.

Thanks for any input - I want to know valid view points since such a topic always interested me and I enjoy discussing politics with Americans
Only the U.S. And Europa share that burden??? Plz...

There are 8 million illegal colombian aliens in Vzla, and our total population is about 29 million people.

Colombians are the Mexicans of South America.

Old 06-29-2011, 08:46 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,029,825 times
Quote:
Illegal students should never be deported - the other country would be benefitting ultimately off your tax money because it wouldn't have spent a dime on educating the student.

Is it so hard to fathom?
We should not be educating anyone who is here illegally.

Is that so hard to fathom?

Old 06-29-2011, 08:55 AM

1,569 posts, read 1,211,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
We should not be educating anyone who is here illegally.

Is that so hard to fathom?
It's not hard to fathom, just like it's not hard to "fathom" complete amnesty. We just disagree that it's the best policy.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:15 AM

403 posts, read 334,093 times
Yeah 1989 laid out a reasonable case for why some illegal immigrants shoots be given citizenship explaining the clear economic benefit to our society, and he was met with the same hysterical screams of "What part of ILLEGAL don't you understand???" or "We already have enough smart, highly skilled labor!!!" and my personal favorite "WE COULD BE EDUCATING TERRORIST MASTERMINDS" The opposition to expanding legal immigration has once again proven their ineptitude at having honest, rational discourse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration