Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2007, 06:37 AM

348 posts, read 1,021,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky39 View Post
not to worry. just like the girls i have dated, when i run out of money they lose interest.
ps by the way, nothing wrong with immigration at all, its the cutting in line that is the issue.
stephen s
san diego ca

LOL, you need to hang out with a better group of girls

Old 10-10-2007, 06:07 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,183,971 times
OK I know I haven't been on CD long but can somebody please tell me something?

The topic of this thread is "tell me how immigrants are ruining this country"?

But I am mostly reading posts about how illegal immigrants are ruining this country.

My previous post on this thread was giving examples of ways immigrants are ruining this country. Shouldn't this thread be talking about immigrants instead of illegals?

Just wondering.

Last edited by Jaxson; 10-10-2007 at 06:19 PM..

Old 10-10-2007, 06:11 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,213,099 times
From reading the initial posting, it appears both angles are legitimate discussions within the context of the thread. Discussing the legal immigrants would be acceptable too.

Old 10-10-2007, 06:12 PM

348 posts, read 1,021,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
OK I know I haven't been on CD long but can somebody please tell me something?

The topic of this thread is "tell me how immigrants are ruining this country"?

But I am mostly reading posts about how illegal immigrants are ruining this country.

My previous post on this thread was giving examples of ways immigrants are ruining this country. Shouldn't this thread being talking about instead off illegals?

Just wondering.
I'm quite new here too and this is the problem with groups interchanging the term "immigrants" with "illegals"...I don't think anyone has a problem with immigrants (who are legally here)..I think the topic was meant to be about illegals and the problems they cause, but then I could have just misunderstood...I've been known to

Old 10-10-2007, 06:22 PM

646 posts, read 1,787,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
You would be safe staying here in the USA-------and, if needed, you could renounce your Mexican citizenship assuming you actually have it if needed to avoid issues while visiting family, etc. SOB.

Theoretically; I may have been subject to the Hungarian draft due to my father's heritage------if I were a resident of Hungary. It would have been interesting though; I speak only English and was born/raised here in the USA.
Unless you're a resident, you probably can't get drafted by another country - there may be different rules for different countries though.

Old 10-10-2007, 06:51 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,183,971 times
Thanks for the clarifications!

Old 10-11-2007, 09:15 PM

4 posts, read 7,793 times
When I posted this, my point was to show that in some cases being an "immigrant" will usually throw you in with the large group of people who are "illegal", it has come to the point that the terms are used interchangeably. I was also pointing out that there are different types of illegal aliens (those who are in the process of becoming legal).

Old 10-12-2007, 10:41 AM

3,424 posts, read 5,973,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimmigrant View Post
When I posted this, my point was to show that in some cases being an "immigrant" will usually throw you in with the large group of people who are "illegal", it has come to the point that the terms are used interchangeably. I was also pointing out that there are different types of illegal aliens (those who are in the process of becoming legal).
point well taken dude...the question then becomes: Just what is the LEGAL process for becoming a LEGAL IMMIGRANT?...Once again if they're not following the LEGAL process to become a legal resident I just can't support them. And to my knowledge running over here covertly, and out of the view of U.S. Border agents, isn't part of the legal process of becoming an immigrant. But I do understand your point.

Old 10-12-2007, 11:01 AM

457 posts, read 431,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
point well taken dude...the question then becomes: Just what is the LEGAL process for becoming a LEGAL IMMIGRANT?...Once again if they're not following the LEGAL process to become a legal resident I just can't support them. And to my knowledge running over here covertly, and out of the view of U.S. Border agents, isn't part of the legal process of becoming an immigrant. But I do understand your point.
The pro-ILLEGAL supporters like to use the term "anti-immigrant" to try and make the anti-ILLEGAL people like myself look "prejudiced" against ALL immigrants. It's a very sad attempt to fleece Americans.

All ILLEGAL Alien INVADERS need to be put on a Deportation bus IMMEDIATELY.

Old 10-12-2007, 11:47 AM

3,589 posts, read 4,147,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PApisces View Post
The pro-ILLEGAL supporters like to use the term "anti-immigrant" to try and make the anti-ILLEGAL people like myself look "prejudiced" against ALL immigrants. It's a very sad attempt to fleece Americans.

All ILLEGAL Alien INVADERS need to be put on a Deportation bus IMMEDIATELY.
I agree. Legal immigrants are welcome, illegals need to go the hell home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration