Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2007, 07:36 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,298,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
You may have missed the point. How much will enforcement cost? We spend 60 billion a year trying to enforce drug prohibition, and it doesn't work.
You have to look at the amount that the STATE will spend on the issue Daniel - not the Feds

As for California, they will spend far less than 10 Billion Dollars to reduce illegal immigration in the State

Old 11-05-2007, 07:37 PM

2,794 posts, read 3,681,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Daniel: Did you read my post regarding this - I have already responded to your queries -

Government already DOES tell the private sector who they can hire - and, I gave you some very common examples
How does that view account for the Ninth and Tenth Amendments regarding powers not delegated to the federal government by the Constitution?

Old 11-05-2007, 07:39 PM

Quote:
The citizens, the CITIZENS, of the State DEMANDED this Daniel.

Or, don't you care what the citizens want Daniel?

Is that it?
I can only care about what the citizens want if it is a power delegated in the Constitution. Otherwise, you are no better than the tyranny our Founding Father's fought a revolutionary war over. Are you saying our Founding Father's wasted their time and we should still be a British colony?

Old 11-05-2007, 07:40 PM

Quote:
If you don't mind paying higher taxes, why bother complaining about the higher costs associated with illegals in the country?
Daniel - you are having a comprehension problem obviously - and, like going in circles

First off - the cost of enforcement (10 million) will save the state over $1 Billion in necessary taxes - so, you tell me Daniel - which would you rather spend - 10 million or over 1 Billion? Which one Daniel

Quote:
States don't have any constitutional authority to enforce US customs, or impair in the obligation of contracts; unless, they are willing to engage in false-patriotism to our glorious Constitution.
You seem to be saying that the State of Arizona, and the voters, had/have no right to enact an employers sanctions law - am I correct here Daniel?

Old 11-05-2007, 07:41 PM

Quote:
You have to look at the amount that the STATE will spend on the issue Daniel - not the Feds

As for California, they will spend far less than 10 Billion Dollars to reduce illegal immigration in the State
Where in the state constitution of Arizona, is there a specifically enumerated power to enforce US customs? Or do you believe in wasting taxpayer money on un-constitutional public sector interference.

Old 11-05-2007, 07:41 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,246,833 times
Quote:
Since when does the fact of filling out a form for something and, mere, lying stop citizens from committing fraud?

No, it is not worse to simply walk across an imaginary line that divides states, than it is to take the law into your own hands with a power not granted in the Constitution.

Your reliance on red herrings lessens your credibility and can be considered a form of lying if you are trying to persuade people of the authenticity of your position.
All nations have the right to defend their borders, all nations have a right to declare their own immigration laws regardless of being fair or not. It is not unreasonable for any nation to expect that its borders be respected. It is not unreasonable for the citizens of any nation to expect those who cross illegally to be vigorously prosecuted and deported.
For those who do these deeds they illustrate their contempt and complete disregard for the laws of the host nation. I for one do not want nor need this kind of immigrant. My wife is a legal immigrant.... She respected the laws and the system and she most definetly dispises those who don't.
More power to the minutemen I only wish that they could be made into a new branch of law enforcement..

Old 11-05-2007, 07:42 PM

Quote:
I can only care about what the citizens want if it is a power delegated in the Constitution.
Daniel - I gave you the exact scenario as to how the Employer Sanctions law came about in AZ. Do you approve of the law inasmuch as it occured by way of citizens petitioning their government?

Old 11-05-2007, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Daniel - you are having a comprehension problem obviously - and, like going in circles

First off - the cost of enforcement (10 million) will save the state over $1 Billion in necessary taxes - so, you tell me Daniel - which would you rather spend - 10 million or over 1 Billion? Which one Daniel

You seem to be saying that the State of Arizona, and the voters, had/have no right to enact an employers sanctions law - am I correct here Daniel?
How will an incurred cost save money? Don't costs usually cost money? As an example, how much are we saving on the drug war with 60 billion in enforcement costs?

Old 11-05-2007, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Where in the state constitution of Arizona, is there a specifically enumerated power to enforce US customs? .
Daniel - clearly, very clearly, you are ignoring the fact that the state of Az is enforcing employment laws - something that ALL THE STATE do - ALL THE STATES tell employers who they cannot hire - I gave you several example - very common ones.

Why is it you have deliberatly refused to acknowledge this?

Old 11-05-2007, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
All nations have the right to defend their borders, all nations have a right to declare their own immigration laws regardless of being fair or not. It is not unreasonable for any nation to expect that its borders be respected. It is not unreasonable for the citizens of any nation to expect those who cross illegally to be vigorously prosecuted and deported.
For those who do these deeds they illustrate their contempt and complete disregard for the laws of the host nation. I for one do not want nor need this kind of immigrant. My wife is a legal immigrant.... She respected the laws and the system and she most definetly dispises those who don't.
More power to the minutemen I only wish that they could be made into a new branch of law enforcement..
A market friendly work visa will accomplish the same thing, only it will also reduce public and private sector costs in the process. Prohibition did not work before. Why do you think it will work now? Even the evil drug empire knows what you prohibitionists seem to not know, even though it is in black and white in our history books.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration