Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What should we do in the short term about the illegal immigrant children sitting in detention?
If they have American Families, let them stay 11 6.40%
Deport them immediately to Mexico (Where they crossed) 49 28.49%
Deport them immediately to their home country 103 59.88%
If they don't have American family put them in foster care in the USA 9 5.23%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 07:18 PM

671 posts, read 690,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
What guarantees that he will stay in Mexico? Nothing. paying a criminal a ransom is a fools game at best.
Sort of like rewarding them for their crimes.
Not if we build a fence, moat, canal, or otherwise block the border.
I keep on repeating myself here...look at my other posts in the illegals threads. We CAN find the illegals, everyone pretty much KNOWS some right now. The Census Bureau has some knowledge. So do local hospitals and schools.

Come on!!! Start to THINK...think of solutions!!! Or, would you rather your children, g'children and so on bear this burden? Don't forget...at least $9 trillion dollars for the good ol' USA to keep the 11 million ILLEGAL ALIENS here! (11 million is an incredibly LOW estimate, as is $9 Trillion, folks!)

Old 07-04-2014, 07:20 PM

Thumbs up thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
No need to apologize, Dandi.

Thank you, Bos, I appreciate that! And, I appreciate your well-thought out plans and posts! Keep it up!!!
~Dandi

Old 07-04-2014, 07:24 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,811,791 times
Quote:
What guarantees that he will stay in Mexico? Nothing. paying a criminal a ransom is a fools game at best.
Sort of like rewarding them for their crimes.
Sorry did you read the context? They spent roughly $50,000 to get him stuck in Juarez. could have probably given him 500 a month for a couple of years and done the same thing for a third the money.

Old 07-04-2014, 07:26 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,454,615 times
Quote:
Well that is the problem. Liberals like Pelosi, Reid, and Obama are all about everyone else sacrificing, but not themselves.
Lets have a special vote. Who wants to allow the illegals to stay. A special tax of $50.00 per week per household no exceptions will be levied to pay for it. Let's see how many vote to keep them.

Your damn right tinman01; your so right. Figures it is everyone elses problem and so easy for Pelosi, Reid, Obama, and the merry band of thieves . To want everyone else to make sacrifices except for themselves.

People say deportations do not work, I have good Mexican friends, who want to see this happen. Why don't we get the first load of illegals deport them, then another and another, and see how this works.

This Country cannot afford to take in every tom dick and harry, that wants to come here illegally, not good for this Couantry, nor the sake of our children, and grandchildren, and then theirs.

Do not say these illegals are not costing us a pretty penny because they are. Why don't we have that special vote on here right now, who is for who isn't.

Some people can act a good game, talk a good game, but it is nothing more, then a game.

Old 07-04-2014, 07:32 PM

22,475 posts, read 12,014,567 times
I think we all get it, Ivoc. You are all for waving the white flag of surrender when it comes to illegal aliens.

You claim that everybody who posts here just all talk and no action. Yet when I explained to you what I do to get involved, you are rude and dismissive and tell me that I've done nothing.

You can give up and have a defeatist attitude. That's your prerogative.

However, I care about what this country will be like for my child and grandkids. I know that we can't go on the way we are right now without descending into third world status ourselves.

It has been explained to you many, many times just how attrition through self-deportation would work. Yet you refused to believe that it is possible.

If E-verify becomes the law of the land and is tweaked to pick up ID theft, everybody in the work force needs to be run through it. Weed out the no-match SSNs. Do something about the whole anchor baby/birth tourism fiasco. It needs to stop.

Sure, you are retired now. However, if you weren't retired, would you stay someplace if you couldn't find work or tap into any welfare programs?

Old 07-04-2014, 07:33 PM

Default It takes all kinds of nuts...er,,,Daisies!!! (Please don't pick 'em!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
I have read virtually everything written on the subject of any quality. And that includes places like CIS and Fair who are not exactly in agreement with my views.

Do you really think there is thought behind the anti positions? Find me a fact based article leading to the conclusion that the illegals can be gotten to self deport. How about a sound analysis that says we are actually going to pass a hiring law that does not contain "knowingly"? How about an analysis of how to widely ban renting to illegals?

I would also note I have been criticized elsewhere for referring to the illegals as illegals.

You won't. This group talks... no action. Generally true on the illegal issue in general. I use things like the daisy to avoid pointing out what is really true.

Actually no you are a regular right wing propagandist of the limited knowledge sort. I believe I came across you telling one of the worlds worst lies...that the causal on the RE crash dealt with Clinton and minority funding and Fannie and Freddie. Even you cannot be so dense you believe that lie. Then again you appear to believe in the 9 trillion dollars. So obviously you are extremely gullible.

Plese stick around though. You are sufficiently far out as to provide comic relief.

I've already taken action. But, of course, you wouldn't know that, because you've confused me with someone else.
Therefore, you don't know what the heck you're talking about. I've never debated you before. Nor did I say "self-deport" as a solution. I commented on someone else's. Or, perhaps you've lost your glasses?

What a complete, ignorant, Looney you are. How old are you???? Perhaps you need to be tested.

First, I'm new here - so far, I've never posted anything about Clinton. (I VOTED for that j**k, too.- never another Clinton again!!! I've EDUCATED myself!) So, I don't know WHO you're talking about, but it wasn't me!

I'm NOT a rightie NOR a loony left. If you've read ANY of my posts, you would know otherwise.( But actually, I'd rather be on the "right" side of things...)

Stop deflecting from your obvious shortcomings. Most of your posts were vacuous, without substance, merit, OR support! You wanted to argue just for the sake of arguing.

YOU posted the idiotic statements, so YOU defend them! YOU find YOUR sources! Or at least, someone who believes the philosophic trash that YOU do.

My posts are supported and well-researched.

Get off your high horse. Just don't fall...you might break a hip.

Old 07-04-2014, 07:36 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,811,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandiDay View Post
Not if we build a fence, moat, canal, or otherwise block the border.
I keep on repeating myself here...look at my other posts in the illegals threads. We CAN find the illegals, everyone pretty much KNOWS some right now. The Census Bureau has some knowledge. So do local hospitals and schools.

Come on!!! Start to THINK...think of solutions!!! Or, would you rather your children, g'children and so on bear this burden? Don't forget...at least $9 trillion dollars for the good ol' USA to keep the 11 million ILLEGAL ALIENS here! (11 million is an incredibly LOW estimate, as is $9 Trillion, folks!)
Hey no sweat. Easily fixed. Simple give each Family who agrees to go $25,000 a year for 25 years if they return to Mexico. Guarantee performance by having them pick it up weekly or monthly at a local bank in Mexico. Hell you could even extend it to inflation compensated. And you got a lot of trillions left to do other things with.

Old 07-04-2014, 08:07 PM

22,475 posts, read 12,014,567 times
So, according to you, we should bribe illegals to leave this country?

Old 07-04-2014, 08:14 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,937,825 times
Ship them back where they originated from. Along with a bill to their mother country for services rendered by us, the taxpayers.

Old 07-04-2014, 08:18 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,281,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Hey no sweat. Easily fixed. Simple give each Family who agrees to go $25,000 a year for 25 years if they return to Mexico. Guarantee performance by having them pick it up weekly or monthly at a local bank in Mexico. Hell you could even extend it to inflation compensated. And you got a lot of trillions left to do other things with.
What an asinine idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration