Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 06:00 PM

713 posts, read 2,717,106 times

Advertisements

I just returned from Wal-Mart and I am as mad as heck! As I was leaving, I turned to the greeter and asked him a question. He replied, "I don't speak English." He was a greeter for goodness sake, out in public. This is the United States and surely there must be enough English speaking ppl who come through the doors that they would need an ENGLISH speaking person to work the entrances. Am I being just a bit sensitive about this?

Old 11-14-2008, 06:06 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by verynicebecky View Post
I just returned from Wal-Mart and I am as mad as heck! As I was leaving, I turned to the greeter and asked him a question. He replied, "I don't speak English." He was a greeter for goodness sake, out in public. This is the United States and surely there must be enough English speaking ppl who come through the doors that they would need an ENGLISH speaking person to work the entrances. Am I being just a bit sensitive about this?
No, you are not. The word is out that Wal-Mart does downright nasty business but i would at least expect them to be smart enough to put an ENGLISH-speaking person at the door.

Old 11-14-2008, 06:10 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,600,575 times
Why were you shopping at Wal-Mart in the first place? Support your local businesses first!

Old 11-14-2008, 06:10 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,407,867 times
I agree with Alanboy. That being said, just an FYI: Walmart has been on the boycott list of every illegal alien protest website as a store to no longer patronize for several years.

If we all stop supporting these stores, they will eventually either stop hiring illegal/non English speakers or go out of business. Americans need to wake up.

There used to be a list of institutions to boycott over at ALIPAC. For those who are interested, I suggest you mosey on over there.

With the economy tanking, more now than ever, it's important to know America's enemies.

Old 11-14-2008, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Why were you shopping at Wal-Mart in the first place? Support your local businesses first!
Agreed. The tanking of America should serve as a wake up call to all of our citizens. Globalization and illegal immigration are huge contributors to the tanking of America's economy.

Old 11-14-2008, 06:15 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Agreed. The tanking of America should serve as a wake up call to all of our citizens. Globalization and illegal immigration are huge contributors to the tanking of America's economy.
ripping off the american worker and taxpayer is not helping the economy. cheap OPEC gas is not in fact cheap.
cheap labor is not cheap.

Old 11-14-2008, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
ripping off the american worker and taxpayer is not helping the economy. cheap OPEC gas is not in fact cheap.
cheap labor is not cheap.
Agreed. I'm amazed that so many illegals are hanging on waiting for an amnesty that ain't gonna happen. Citibank is going to lay off 10 thousand workers Monday. I see the welfare roles being targeted for scrutiny any day now.

If they are smart, illegal aliens will leave while they can. It appears that the sunami of anger and crimes against them is starting to pick up steam.

Old 11-14-2008, 06:26 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
I have gone intpo several local stores that the clerks themslves don't speak english ;no even to mention convenience stores .I have no probolem with a greeter tho.

Old 11-14-2008, 06:41 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,689,172 times
How about all the foreign products people have been buying. Walmart started out selling only American made products and now I doubt you could find one American made product in their store. However, it doesn't stop most Americans from shopping there. How many companies have moved there production to third world countries to avoid paying a reasonable income to Americans. It hasn't stopped Americans from continuing to buy those products. No doubt that illegal immigration has had some impact on jobs, but I think Americans need to take a look around their homes and inventory the number of American made products they own. It just could be that the American craving to buy cheaper foreign products combined with cooperate greed is the real reason for the economy downturn. Who knows, maybe one day you'll find a W-mart greeter speaking Chinese.

Old 11-14-2008, 06:50 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,695,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by verynicebecky View Post
NOT sensitive at all, verynice.

This may sound like "profiling" but since he doesn't speak English, his legal status would be more of a concern to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration