Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2008, 07:16 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Fair View Post
I've never said that 'USA was the only one guilty of atrocities in the long ago past' i know many countries have such long ago or even recent pasts. But their inhabitants are not proud like you are. Not many people are proud of the atrocities their ancestors have done. Not many people say 'I'm proud to be from my country, no matter its History, I was born there and I'm proud' because there is no pride in the fact to be born somewhere...

Anyway, how can you justify that with such a worldwidely known past, you so many of you have the boldness to think no strangers can now come and live in USA without speaking English, calling them aliens.
USA are not innocent about the situation of poorness in south America. But you honest citizens don't want to know why they are poor and desperate, you just don't want them to 'invade your territory'. Just like racist people in Europe! They think strangers will come and steal their jobs and their health system.

USA are not worse than another country, you don't even have a colonialist past, merely a slavery past. At least, if you really don't want any poor stranger to come, give him reasons to stay in his country, for example you citizens could exert pressure on the government to use the money of war to do the good in countries close to yours instead of wasting it in countries far from yours.
If we were able to build up this land in to what was once the envy of the world and, still is not exactly bad today--------why the failings in most of today's Third World countries?

Bottom line: the collective 'cultures' in the latter group basically suck. Clear enough?

If you are trying to make me feel guilty-------try again. If anything; you are making yourself look more and more foolish all the time and causing me to have more pride my my nation, flawed as it may be
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2008, 07:50 AM

223 posts, read 496,598 times
Quote:
I've never said that 'USA was the only one guilty of atrocities in the long ago past' i know many countries have such long ago or even recent pasts. But their inhabitants are not proud like you are. Not many people are proud of the atrocities their ancestors have done. Not many people say 'I'm proud to be from my country, no matter its History, I was born there and I'm proud' because there is no pride in the fact to be born somewhere...

Anyway, how can you justify that with such a worldwidely known past, you so many of you have the boldness to think no strangers can now come and live in USA without speaking English, calling them aliens.
USA are not innocent about the situation of poorness in south America. But you honest citizens don't want to know why they are poor and desperate, you just don't want them to 'invade your territory'. Just like racist people in Europe! They think strangers will come and steal their jobs and their health system.

USA are not worse than another country, you don't even have a colonialist past, merely a slavery past. At least, if you really don't want any poor stranger to come, give him reasons to stay in his country, for example you citizens could exert pressure on the government to use the money of war to do the good in countries close to yours instead of wasting it in countries far from yours.

I think you got the wrong idea about illegals, we don't care if they come to our country, just come legally, don't come here thinking that just because some a--hole politician led you to believe that if you come illegal that they are going to let you stay "so you can vote for them" later on, cuz the American people are getting sick and tired of having to support you sorry a--'s, and yes speak English, why should we have to learn Spanish, I'm Italian and can't speak it fluently, why should i have to learn your language i don't even know my fathers? you need to learn to assimilate to OUR laws and ways, this is America if you want to still speak Spanish go to Puerto Rico, they speak Spanish there and it's part of America. P/S you talk funny too

Last edited by GENO-777; 03-14-2008 at 09:23 AM..

Old 03-19-2008, 07:33 AM

79 posts, read 109,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
If we were able to build up this land in to what was once the envy of the world and, still is not exactly bad today--------why the failings in most of today's Third World countries?

Bottom line: the collective 'cultures' in the latter group basically suck. Clear enough?

If you are trying to make me feel guilty-------try again. If anything; you are making yourself look more and more foolish all the time and causing me to have more pride my my nation, flawed as it may be
I'm not upset you're calling me foolish... I think you are too.
But I still don't see what you are proud of. What did you do to feel proud?

'the collective 'cultures' in the latter group basically suck' that is your opinion... You know, not every culture that is not Western sucks...
Where have you travelled to say that? Or have you just been watching TV and swallow whatever CNN spreads.

You could consider your country sucks too, since the subprime crisis, the Vietnam fiasco, the Iraq fiasco, you could be more humble. And you pretty well know that there is so much ignorance in USA. Who sucks?

I know you won't feel guilty, because you are a US citizen, and US citizens are proud of themselves even though they haven't done anything. And they feel proud to be born there even though they didn't make any action to be born there. They also feel proud because they think they live in the best country in the world and everyone on Earth is jealous. And they feel proud of their government, their laws, their weapons they sell to anyone, their fast-foods,...

Old 03-19-2008, 07:37 AM

79 posts, read 109,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GENO-777 View Post
I think you got the wrong idea about illegals, we don't care if they come to our country, just come legally, don't come here thinking that just because some a--hole politician led you to believe that if you come illegal that they are going to let you stay "so you can vote for them" later on, cuz the American people are getting sick and tired of having to support you sorry a--'s, and yes speak English, why should we have to learn Spanish, I'm Italian and can't speak it fluently, why should i have to learn your language i don't even know my fathers? you need to learn to assimilate to OUR laws and ways, this is America if you want to still speak Spanish go to Puerto Rico, they speak Spanish there and it's part of America. P/S you talk funny too
I talk funny because English is not my native language.
'American' people feel sick and tired of illegals, but do they know when they ancestors came in America (the continent obviously) they were illegals too?
And is it too hard for you, who is that superior, with such a superior culture, to learn a foreign language?

Actually what do you think about the Europeans leaving Europe to colonialize America in the fifteenth Century... They left Europe to have a new life, don't you think the 'aliens' do the same thing nowadays? Is the only difference that today you have written laws?

Old 03-19-2008, 07:41 AM

Quote:
I'm not upset you're calling me foolish... I think you are too.
But I still don't see what you are proud of. What did you do to feel proud?

'the collective 'cultures' in the latter group basically suck' that is your opinion... You know, not every culture that is not Western sucks...
Where have you travelled to say that? Or have you just been watching TV and swallow whatever CNN spreads.

You could consider your country sucks too, since the subprime crisis, the Vietnam fiasco, the Iraq fiasco, you could be more humble. And you pretty well know that there is so much ignorance in USA. Who sucks?

I know you won't feel guilty, because you are a US citizen, and US citizens are proud of themselves even though they haven't done anything. And they feel proud to be born there even though they didn't make any action to be born there. They also feel proud because they think they live in the best country in the world and everyone on Earth is jealous. And they feel proud of their government, their laws, their weapons they sell to anyone, their fast-foods,...
You are correct; I give little credence to anything you say.

If Third World countries are so great; why are so many of their citizens dying (literally) to get the hell out?

Old 03-19-2008, 07:41 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
'American' people feel sick and tired of illegals, but do they know when they ancestors came in America (the continent obviously) they were illegals too?
You are mistaken. Very mistaken.

There were NO immigration laws when my ancestors came to America - therefore, there were / was no laws to break. Therefore, they could not be here "illegally" as you suggest.

I would suggest that a course in American History might be benifical to you.

Old 03-19-2008, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
You are mistaken. Very mistaken.

There were NO immigration laws when my ancestors came to America - therefore, there were / was no laws to break. Therefore, they could not be here "illegally" as you suggest.

I would suggest that a course in American History might be benifical to you.
Consider the source.

Besides; the Navajo came here ca. 1000 AD most likely subjugating earlier indigenous 'Native' American societies yet I never hear boo from the MEChA, etc. types about making the Navajo leave.

Besides; using the Aztec as a proxy for a stereotypical Mexican, the former did not even live in our American Southwest------till the Spanish came here in 1492.

Old 03-19-2008, 07:53 AM

15 posts, read 22,042 times
Quote:
Actually what do you think about the Europeans leaving Europe to colonialize America in the fifteenth Century... They left Europe to have a new life, don't you think the 'aliens' do the same thing nowadays? Is the only difference that today you have written laws?
A couple of questions, if you don't mind:

- Do you acknowledge the right of a sovereign nation to control immigration as it sees fit?

- In your opinion, do people of the world have an equal right to choose where they wish to live on this earth?

Old 03-19-2008, 09:39 AM

2 posts, read 2,641 times
Two Comments:

1. DrKenneth you are absolutely right! For some reason in the last few years there has been an effort to dilute and eiminate the differences between a legal immigrant and an illegal alien.

I have no problem with multicuralism but I am a firm believe in our country's motto "E Pluribus Unum" and the "Melting Pot". However illegal immigration must stop and the legal immigrants given the time to assimilate.

The granting of citizenship to the chidlren of illegals is an outrage. In Mexico the children of illegals are the nationality of the parents not Mexican citizens and in most of the world is like that. The XIV Ammendment is bein misused and misapplied to grant citizenship to illegal's children which then anchor the illegals in this country.

2 The Fair - you are wrong! Using the standards of the XV Century the Spaniards and Portuguese had every right to conquer the Americas. The grant was given by the Pope and authorized Castille-Leon and Portugal to acquire any lands not subject to a Christian King.

The Europeans did conquer the continent and were later joined by the french and the English and Dutch and immigrants from every land. However your assertion that Mexican indians have some sort of free passage is ridiculous. Every Native American tribe and nation had specific geographic boundaries and often went to war with one another when a tribe or nation trespassed on another's territory.

The Aztecs, Mayas, Toltecs, Mexitecs etc NEVER had posseion of any territories inwhat today is the US. Moreover at least 80% of what today is the US was for long periods of time under the sovereignaity of Spain, the West adminsitered from Mexico City, or Louisiana & Florida from Havana. Lousiana being French once while Spanish twice.

Spanish, French and Dutch are heritage languages in the US and large numbers of people speak them from before there was a USA.

However that does not give the Spanish, French and Dutch people any right to enter the US without fullfilling our immigration requirements. The same goes for the Mexicans and Cubans and any orther Iberian American in the continent south of the Rio Grande.

3. Efforts to grant equal status to illegals and the erasing of differences between legals and illegals is part of the reason why immigrants are being encouraged to retain their identities rather than learning English and assimililate.

4. We are failing to encourgae assimilation as if it was an evil thing. Generations of immigrants have assimiliated without losing anyhting. By assimilation an immigrant adds value to his "self" by learning English and learning the customs of the land they are are able to better survive and in fact thrive and prosper. The anti-assimilation forces are in fact the Forces of Evil that must be defeated the sooner the better.

Old 03-19-2008, 02:38 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,135,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RolandMartell View Post
Two Comments:

1. DrKenneth you are absolutely right! For some reason in the last few years there has been an effort to dilute and eiminate the differences between a legal immigrant and an illegal alien.

I have no problem with multicuralism but I am a firm believe in our country's motto "E Pluribus Unum" and the "Melting Pot". However illegal immigration must stop and the legal immigrants given the time to assimilate.

The granting of citizenship to the chidlren of illegals is an outrage. In Mexico the children of illegals are the nationality of the parents not Mexican citizens and in most of the world is like that. The XIV Ammendment is bein misused and misapplied to grant citizenship to illegal's children which then anchor the illegals in this country.

2 The Fair - you are wrong! Using the standards of the XV Century the Spaniards and Portuguese had every right to conquer the Americas. The grant was given by the Pope and authorized Castille-Leon and Portugal to acquire any lands not subject to a Christian King.

The Europeans did conquer the continent and were later joined by the french and the English and Dutch and immigrants from every land. However your assertion that Mexican indians have some sort of free passage is ridiculous. Every Native American tribe and nation had specific geographic boundaries and often went to war with one another when a tribe or nation trespassed on another's territory.

The Aztecs, Mayas, Toltecs, Mexitecs etc NEVER had posseion of any territories inwhat today is the US. Moreover at least 80% of what today is the US was for long periods of time under the sovereignaity of Spain, the West adminsitered from Mexico City, or Louisiana & Florida from Havana. Lousiana being French once while Spanish twice.

Spanish, French and Dutch are heritage languages in the US and large numbers of people speak them from before there was a USA.

However that does not give the Spanish, French and Dutch people any right to enter the US without fullfilling our immigration requirements. The same goes for the Mexicans and Cubans and any orther Iberian American in the continent south of the Rio Grande.

3. Efforts to grant equal status to illegals and the erasing of differences between legals and illegals is part of the reason why immigrants are being encouraged to retain their identities rather than learning English and assimililate.

4. We are failing to encourgae assimilation as if it was an evil thing. Generations of immigrants have assimiliated without losing anyhting. By assimilation an immigrant adds value to his "self" by learning English and learning the customs of the land they are are able to better survive and in fact thrive and prosper. The anti-assimilation forces are in fact the Forces of Evil that must be defeated the sooner the better.
The melting pot idea fails on so many levels. You cannot tell me that someone making $1 million dollars a year does the same things and enjoys the same things than someone making $30,000 a year. The melting pot idea only is proven theoretically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration