Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2008, 12:45 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
The only racist poster I see that Guy posted was the first one referring to Gringos. Gringo in itself is not meant to be a racist word but the word after it seems to play it like it is. I must admit, he has some pretty good English though
Probably because he IS a 'Gringo' (American) himself. A citizen of Mexico would probably laugh at him for being a pocho.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2008, 01:08 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,594,329 times
Quote:
The only racist poster I see that Guy posted was the first one referring to Gringos. Gringo in itself is not meant to be a racist word but the word after it seems to play it like it is. I must admit, he has some pretty good English though
So are you saying that the rest of those signs were not directed at white people and they have no racial overtones??

Would it be fair to say that you AGREE with what they're spewing??

Old 02-23-2008, 01:11 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,952,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
So are you saying that the rest of those signs were not directed at white people and they have no racial overtones??

Would it be fair to say that you AGREE with what they're spewing??
Not all Europeans are White.

Illustrated here :

They look Mestizo to me, they are of EUROPEAN ancestry as well. I don't know why they are even holding those signs up.

Old 02-23-2008, 01:19 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,594,329 times
Whatever Pro.

The signs that say "White racist go back to Europe are directed at those guys, right?

Old 02-23-2008, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Whatever Pro.

The signs that say "White racist go back to Europe are directed at those guys, right?

By calling Americans of European decent racists is like calling themselves racist, they are part of European ancestry as well for the most part. Do you think I agree with their posters? Hell no!

Old 02-23-2008, 03:41 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,372,173 times
Quote:
Historically? No. Today these groups are fueled by politics, but then again, what isn't? I'd say groups like MEChA do half good half bad. I know some are blatant brown supremacists, but lets not generalize them either. My aunt was apart of the Bay Area chapter and she's not at all a political activist.
No matter what you try to say, the MEChA and Chicano nationalist are JUST AS racist as the klan. They think their race is superior, and they care about their own race and no one else. I know it's perceived in the media that racism against white people is ok, but racism is racism.

Old 02-23-2008, 03:57 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,558,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
No matter what you try to say, the MEChA and Chicano nationalist are JUST AS racist as the klan. They think their race is superior, and they care about their own race and no one else. I know it's perceived in the media that racism against white people is ok, but racism is racism.
Can't argue with this at all. If it's all right to promote a racial group, then it's all right. If it's NOT all right, then it's not. But it can't be both.....

Old 02-23-2008, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
I wouldn't know if they are as racist as the Klan, I'm not apart of those groups and neither are you.

Old 02-23-2008, 06:52 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,558,314 times
Quote:
I wouldn't know if they are as racist as the Klan, I'm not apart of those groups and neither are you.
To be perfectly fair, we'd have to say these groups do NOT have the gruesome history of violence, lynching, and intimidation that the Klan does....fair enough. But as far as their 'racist' motives, the "modern" Klan (guys like David Duke) professes only to want to "leave everyone alone, and seek only the betterment of the White Race." The "modern" Klan PROFESSES no 'hard feelings" for minorities (at least, that's what Duke said, when he ran for office some years back), they just don't want to "mix" with them, or "dilute" the "white race" or "Christian values".

This message from the "Klan" is really not much different from the message of MEChA or LULAC. Each group doesn't want to "hurt" anyone, only to advance THEIR OWN agenda, and be AWAY from the others.

We ALL know, of course, that 'off the record', MANY members of ALL these groups do dislike and wish harm upon the 'other guy', and are certainly capable of violence and intimidation.....

Old 02-23-2008, 08:38 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
To be perfectly fair, we'd have to say these groups do NOT have the gruesome history of violence, lynching, and intimidation that the Klan does....fair enough. But as far as their 'racist' motives, the "modern" Klan (guys like David Duke) professes only to want to "leave everyone alone, and seek only the betterment of the White Race." The "modern" Klan PROFESSES no 'hard feelings" for minorities (at least, that's what Duke said, when he ran for office some years back), they just don't want to "mix" with them, or "dilute" the "white race" or "Christian values".

This message from the "Klan" is really not much different from the message of MEChA or LULAC. Each group doesn't want to "hurt" anyone, only to advance THEIR OWN agenda, and be AWAY from the others.

We ALL know, of course, that 'off the record', MANY members of ALL these groups do dislike and wish harm upon the 'other guy', and are certainly capable of violence and intimidation.....
Methinks both the Klan as well as any species of Nazi would gag if 'Jesus Christ Our Lord' returned from the dead--------JC was Jewish.

Hypocrites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration