Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2008, 04:00 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,952,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xino View Post
Of course you are American. The Mexicans are not. It's natural and healthy that you don't like them. They are not suppose to be here.
I can't believe no one has commented on this guy's post. I am of MEXICAN decent and I'M an AMERICAN. Natural and healthy if you don't like a certain group of people? I'm sorry my friend but that is called Racism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2008, 04:03 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Racism exists - its normal actually

Old 02-22-2008, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Racism exists - its normal actually
Uhh..? DUH IT EXISTS! How long did it take you to figure that out . Ok so its normal to say "Look at that guy over there, He's Black, because he's Black I hate him."

Old 02-22-2008, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Ok so its normal to say "Look at that guy over there, He's Black, because he's Black I hate him."
Yes - to some, it is normal.

It happens.

It is real life.

Old 02-22-2008, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Yes - to some, it is normal.

It happens.

It is real life.
Do you believe this is ok? Racism, is it ok to you?

Old 02-22-2008, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Do you believe this is ok? Racism, is it ok to you?
What I believe is immaterial PL.

It is what it is.

There will always be racism - in the US and the world.

There will always be bigotry - in the US and the world.

It is human nature

And humans are imperfect creatures.

Old 02-22-2008, 04:41 PM

Quote:
What I believe is immaterial PL.

It is what it is.

There will always be racism - in the US and the world.

There will always be bigotry - in the US and the world.

It is human nature

And humans are imperfect creatures.
There you go, talking about anything to avoid my question. My question was, Do you believe this is ok? Is Racism OK to you?

Old 02-22-2008, 04:54 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
Quote:
There you go, talking about anything to avoid my question. My question was, Do you believe this is ok? Is Racism OK to you?
You seem to have a thing for turning it into something personal with the posters in this forum. You ask specific questions about what a person believes, based on something impersonal they write. The point they were making is that it exists. Do you deny that it exists? You twisting the comments and info to apply to the posters personal beliefs is pointless Pro.

Old 02-22-2008, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
You seem to have a thing for turning it into something personal with the posters in this forum. You ask specific questions about what a person believes, based on something impersonal they write. The point they were making is that it exists. Do you deny that it exists? You twisting the comments and info to apply to the posters personal beliefs is pointless Pro.
I'm not asking if it exists or not, I know damn well racism exists today. I already stated it existed before. It will always exist. I simply ask Greatday if he believes racism is a-ok to him.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:01 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,558,314 times
The problem with discussing "RACISM" is that it's an extremely subjective word. I know what it is, and I know what it isn't.....but many people may disagree, and because of its subjective nature, many unpleasant situations might be termed 'racist', when there are a dozen OTHER reasons for them, above and beyond racism...

FOR EXAMPLE--- One could say "AMERICA is a RACIST SOCIETY....it has expressed a negative attitude toward many immigrants who are here illegally, and is eager to call these people 'criminals', when in fact, they are really just here to work"...

ON THE OTHER HAND, though--- one could ALSO make the point that America has taken in possibly as many as 20 million unauthorized 'entrants', (literally one TENTH of the population of Mexico, PLUS many other nationalities)...and, instead of getting these people with Violence, or immediate imprisonment, or deportation, America has done little more than "grumbling" at them, making a few silly 'threats', and some unkind remarks..otherwise, these illegal residents are mostly alowed to STAY ON HERE indefinitely..therefore, in THIS sense, America must be an extremely UN-RACIST PLACE (meaning that the American people have SO far shown remarkable PATIENCE, given the great numbers of illegals who are here..

In other words, one could call us 'racist' and one could say we AREN'T..and EACH person would be convinced he was 'right'...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration