Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 09:25 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane72 View Post
Yeah, but the OP obviously can't afford a residence in "bland suburbia".

"I am sick of illegals taking work from my partner who is in construction and doing illegal renovations to houses for 10 cents on the dollar."

Sorry, but I hear this too often: blue-collar folk bitching and moaning as if they deserve to live like the middle or upper-class do, and are prevented from assuming their rightful position in "bland suburbia" by the dreaded, culture-raping "illegals".

Face it, sweetie, you're working-class. Your neighborhood isn't going to be as nice as the 'hoods of the middle-class, regardless of the ethnicity of your neighbors.
There's a reason people go to college.

Quit blaming others, go back to school, and become a professional... or else do like me- a happy working-class person- and just enjoy the diversity around you.

Your culture isn't being "raped", it's being enriched.
Open your mind and heart to the positive benefits of multiculturalism.
Let me put it this way:

The USA is a sovereign nation and we have the right to control our borders-----------regardless of what the Libs/Neo-Cons may think.

As for the 'college' thing: we have such a glut of so-called 'white collar professionals' than many of them these days are having to do menial work. Oh well. It is called supply and demand.

If you do not care for the hardening anti illegal attitude here in the USA; feel free to move elsewhere.

Old 05-20-2009, 10:27 PM

807 posts, read 1,302,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane72 View Post
Yeah, but the OP obviously can't afford a residence in "bland suburbia".

"I am sick of illegals taking work from my partner who is in construction and doing illegal renovations to houses for 10 cents on the dollar."

Sorry, but I hear this too often: blue-collar folk bitching and moaning as if they deserve to live like the middle or upper-class do, and are prevented from assuming their rightful position in "bland suburbia" by the dreaded, culture-raping "illegals".

Face it, sweetie, you're working-class. Your neighborhood isn't going to be as nice as the 'hoods of the middle-class, regardless of the ethnicity of your neighbors.
There's a reason people go to college.

Quit blaming others, go back to school, and become a professional... or else do like me- a happy working-class person- and just enjoy the diversity around you.

Your culture isn't being "raped", it's being enriched.
Open your mind and heart to the positive benefits of multiculturalism.
Wow! You really seem to have a Hateful attitude towards American Citizens especially working class Americans.. Have you ever considered relocating to Mexico or another country that respects your interpretation of Diversity?

Old 05-21-2009, 03:12 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,409,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
Damm, How did the uneducated, un-skilled illegal aliens get to live in a neighborhood where houses are 1.5 millions a pop? My house is only worthed like 200K and I made ok money. I would have to make the same and live with 7 other families to be able to afford it.
"Damm", who said they lived in my friends' neighborhood? I don't live in a neighborhood filled with illegal aliens but a large population of illegal aliens live in the state of Illinois, specifically Chicago.

Guess what? The cost of providing for and incarcerating illegals is bankrupting Illinois (and many other states) as well.

Quote:
Illegal Immigration Costs California Over Ten Billion Annually

State's "cheap labor" costs average household $1,183 a year

Sponsored Links

US Immigration ServicesGreencard, Citizenship, Visas Forms Official Immigration Applicationswww.Immigrationdirect.com
Immigration ReformLearn The Issues. Make a Stand. Join Fair US Today!www.FairUS.org
GE Improving HealthcareLearn How GE Technologies Are Improving Quality Of Healthcarewww.healthymagination.com

Government Ads Immigration Reform News Healthcare Coverage Healthcare Insurance Immigration Visa Status Mexican Immigration

Dateline: December, 2004 In hosting America's largest population of illegal immigrants, California bears a huge cost to provide basic human services for this fast growing, low-income segment of its population. A new study from the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) examines the costs of education, health care and incarceration of illegal aliens, and concludes that the costs to Californians is $10.5 billion per year.
Among the key finding of the report are that the state's already struggling K-12 education system spends approximately $7.7 billion a year to school the children of illegal aliens who now constitute 15 percent of the student body. Another $1.4 billion of the taxpayers' money goes toward providing health care to illegal aliens and their families, the same amount that is spent incarcerating illegal aliens criminals.

http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/immigr...caillegals.htm
These numbers are from 2004 and California is now bankrupt. That didn't take long did it?

Last edited by JDubsMom; 05-21-2009 at 03:29 AM..

Old 05-21-2009, 03:35 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,907,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Again, I live in San Diego. Illegal Aliens are not driving legally in the majority. Look at the Controversial check points in Escondido.

Please explain to me how an Illegal Alien can drive legally in the US, here in CA?
Illegals are not the majority of drivers...Thus, the MAJORITY of drivers have insurance.

Old 05-21-2009, 03:51 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
I have been living in California for about 4 years and have noticed that the culture that is portrayed on television about California really does not exist anywhere except maybe Santa Monica or Malibu.

The culture of California is suffering.
Does anyone besides me see the irony of someone claiming that the culture of California is being destroyed (named as such by Spanish explorers) when California was a Spanish colony from 1541 until Mexican independence in 1810. It was a apart of Mexico from that time until 1848. Of course when California became independent from Mexico the Mexicans did leave (in fact many fought on the side of independence). Or, the fact that the poster cites the city of Santa Monica (Spanish for Saint Monica)?

I would go on but I think you get the point.

Old 05-21-2009, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Does anyone besides me see the irony of someone claiming that the culture of California is being destroyed (named as such by Spanish explorers) when California was a Spanish colony from 1541 until Mexican independence in 1810. It was a apart of Mexico from that time until 1848. Of course when California became independent from Mexico the Mexicans did leave (in fact many fought on the side of independence). Or, the fact that the poster cites the city of Santa Monica (Spanish for Saint Monica)?

Add what is left of Mexico if/when we (the USA) annexes more of that nation.

Remember that Mexico is presently dealing with its drug wars, etc.-------------which may wind up shattering that nation.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:50 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
Quote:

I absolutely agree with you...and certainly I see the irony. ALL value judgements regarding human interaction and cultural matters are, in the end, arbitrary. One man's "good change" is another man's "negative change"...and EACH of them are quite sincere in their outlook.

California ONCE belonged to Spain..(also, it was claimed by BOTH Great Britian AND by Russia). It was "taken" from Spain by Mexico, in the same way that Pennsylvania and Virginia were "taken" from England by the USA. One side 'won'...and the other side 'lost'.

If you want to go back FAR enough, California once belonged to the native American Indians...some of whom still exist, and one of whom I'm married to (coming up on 40 years in November).

Irony? Of course I see the irony....thanks for pointing that out in a respectful way. I DO find irony endlessly intersting....but in the end, I don't see it as anything other than 'interesting'...and not something upon which to base one's policies in the present.

But I sure do see it...LOTS of it. (Do YOU see any irony in millions of people feeling so frustrated that they decide to pull up stakes, leave home, and move to THIS country....and then getting angry at US, rather than at their oppressors back home, in the place they left?...I sure do).

You find the Spanish name 'Santa Monica' ironic? That, I think, is a stretch. How about Seattle, Tacoma, Puyallup, Humptulips, Yakima, or the Skookumchuk River? How about Tallahassee, or Chattanooga, or Tennessee, or Oklahoma, or Illinois? Do you think it's ironic that these "Indian-named" places now probably have little or no influence from the local Indian community? Maybe.....I never thought of it that way, but perhaps it IS ironic....(for that matter, how long has it been since Indiana had an Indian governor?)....

Irony...delicious irony. Part of the human condition, I suppose....

Last edited by macmeal; 05-21-2009 at 09:05 AM..

Old 05-21-2009, 09:03 AM

83 posts, read 142,234 times
Quote:

The name of a city is just that. A name. The name of a city doesn't dictate what kind of people live there otherwise we would have British people living in England, Arkansas and nothing but birds living in Birdville, Texas. So let's not get ridiculous here.

Old 05-21-2009, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
The name of a city is just that. A name. The name of a city doesn't dictate what kind of people live there otherwise we would have British people living in England, Arkansas and nothing but birds living in Birdville, Texas. So let's not get ridiculous here.
Then there is Buena Vista, Virginia which I doubt has a large Hispanic population.

And I will not even go there re: Mexico, Missouri

Old 05-21-2009, 11:24 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Then there is Buena Vista, Virginia which I doubt has a large Hispanic population.

And I will not even go there re: Mexico, Missouri
Moscow, Idaho?.....University or NOT, I'm not sure we can TRUST guys like that...has anyone checked them out? COULD be a bunch of commies, by the name of the place....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration