Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 01:40 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,375,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The problem is -- there are millions of people who are overstaying visas, the moment they get a visitor visa, they come and never intend to go back home. They are the ones you should blame for that situation.
Millions overstaying visas? Where are you getting this information?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2010, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Of course and I agree with that. However, those who are illegal alien sympathizers are fighting e-verify the very tool that will stop them from coming here to work. I know you have read all the excuses to not use it in here already.
I have heard of these excuses but I have yet to see a legitimate one.

Old 01-26-2010, 02:09 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,536,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
As for Mexico: starvation is obviously not a problem: that $3,000-5,000 a head being paid to the coyotes would buy a hell of a lot of food SoB..
This is what I've wondered. I watched Border Patrol just last eve and saw groups caught trying to enter illegally. Even the commentator explained how much money "coyotes" are making off of this human trade market. That's a lot of dough! What confused me more were the ones walking in who spend $$$$ on illegal ID's. Because they are so poor

I was angered as I saw those rounded up, smiling, basically kicking the sand gesturing "Oh, darn, you got me but I'll be back!" Even the teens they used to smuggle in pot were chewing gum, blowing bubbles with the attitude knowing nothing will happen to them. And nothing did. One guy caught bringing in a boat load of heroin immediately went into action claiming he was sick, from depression and needed medical attention, also started crying that his family was waiting for him at home. Well, should have thought about all that before tying to smuggle drugs. He was treated very well and was given medical attention that is granted to anyone requiring it.

A little off topic. Sorry.

Old 01-26-2010, 02:09 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,694,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
Why, because she was working in Los Angeles so she could send money back home and put food on her son's table and put him through school? How is that pathetic?
It's pathetic because it's wrong. IT'S ILLEGAL.

Quote:
In alot of the small towns in Mexico it is pretty common. It obviously isn't an easy decision but alot of people decide to take a chance to make better money here with the possibility of being able to provide their children with a better life. Of course there are ways to make ends meet but alot of times you see a mother putting her 5 year old son or daughter to work selling gum or trinkets in the street instead of going to school because it's the only way they can make ends meet...I think given a choice between doing something like that it makes more sense to go the immigration route.
You're in the wrong place here. You're a sympathizer, we're not. WE don't like Mexicans coming here and taking everything they can get from us illegally. WE DON'T WANT THEM HERE ILLEGALLY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
And you are right. Our kids are being brainwashed they were being brainwashed in the sixties, and up and until now still going on. We are making it so that our Children, feel pity and sympathize with the illegal's.
What ALL AMERICAN parents need to do is to talk to our kids about ILLEGAL immigration and make certain they understand how wrong it is. Those people don't belong here and we don't want them here. Our children need to grow up understanding there is no reason to feel sorry for illegals. They bring what happens to them on themselves.

Old 01-26-2010, 02:15 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,694,020 times
I say we get rid of ALL of them; the illegals AND the sympathizers. We should throw them all out.

Old 01-26-2010, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoExcuses View Post
It's pathetic because it's wrong. IT'S ILLEGAL.

You're in the wrong place here. You're a sympathizer, we're not. WE don't like Mexicans coming here and taking everything they can get from us illegally. WE DON'T WANT THEM HERE ILLEGALLY.

What ALL AMERICAN parents need to do is to talk to our kids about ILLEGAL immigration and make certain they understand how wrong it is. Those people don't belong here and we don't want them here. Our children need to grow up understanding there is no reason to feel sorry for illegals. They bring what happens to them on themselves.
Throw around your labels all you want. Also, go ahead and keep blaming it on the illegal immigrants. You're completely wasting your time as neither action is at all productive. Instead of throwing a hissy fit I'm looking for realistic and financially responsible solutions. That's the fundamental difference between myself and all you hate-mongers.

Old 01-26-2010, 02:27 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,536,684 times
Quote:
Throw around your labels all you want. Also, go ahead and keep blaming it on the illegal immigrants. You're completely wasting your time as neither action is at all productive. Instead of throwing a hissy fit I'm looking for realistic and financially responsible solutions. That's the fundamental difference between myself and all you hate-mongers.
I didn't see a LABLE of a person, but I did see defining an action. Doing a crime makes one a criminal, a crime is illegal. What else would you use to define a person entering this country illegally? I guess just criminals.

And I'm not sure hate-monger is true to form either. Americans are p**sed off! Being angry at a situation is different than hating a person, but I'm only speaking for myself.

Old 01-26-2010, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
I didn't see a LABLE of a person, but I did see defining an action. Doing a crime makes one a criminal, a crime is illegal. What else would you use to define a person entering this country illegally? I guess just criminals.

And I'm not sure hate-monger is true to form either. Americans are p**sed off! Being angry at a situation is different than hating a person, but I'm only speaking for myself.
I guess I don't get all huffy over certain laws like you do, especially when enforcement of them is essentially non-existent. Great so they're breaking our immigration laws and they're criminals...so what? If everybody who breaks a law is a criminal then the word criminal has very little meaning to me. In fact, I'm a criminal myself because earlier this winter I failed to clear the snow off my sidewalks within 24 hours after a snowstorm, which is illegal in the city of Minneapolis.

Old 01-26-2010, 03:21 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Millions overstaying visas? Where are you getting this information?
It's true. Stats say that illegals are comprised of 40% visa overstayers and 60% are just border jumpers who never had papers to begin with.

Old 01-26-2010, 03:23 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
I have heard of these excuses but I have yet to see a legitimate one.

Glad to hear it! Next time a certain person in here claims that e-verify is not accurate enough to be usable then perhaps you could pass your opinion on to them as the rest of us have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration