Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 12:37 PM

5 posts, read 3,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
Are you also a Jehovah's Witness. Seriously. Why are you even attempting to convert people over to your faith. Ain't gonna happen ok?
I do not any Muslim can think as u said but all Muslim people over the world trying to show the other those do not believe in Islam what is the real Islam and clean that image of Islam.
we have to respect each other and that what our Islam taught us

Old 09-22-2010, 12:37 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,679,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghada elmoslma View Post
I respect your point of view very
I think in the very coexistence
We find a Muslim family and other Jewish
Living in the same building
And living in a state of friendship and great love
And our religion teaches us is that
I do not want that forced you to embrace the same beliefs
But I just
I want to change your idea about us
I have said this before
Trying to convince us on an internet forum isn't going to work. Like I've already said, you Muslims need to clean up your own religion before anyone else is going to believe you're serious about being 'peaceful'.

Old 09-22-2010, 12:39 PM

18 posts, read 11,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by light beam View Post
yes Ghada ...i`m also here to clarify the truth about Islam

Islam is a religon of merci , forvgiveness and peace.
Even the greeting words in Islam is (السلام عليكم(
السلام = peace
عليكم =upon you
I hope that we succeed in this task

Old 09-22-2010, 12:41 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,666,479 times
Quote:
I hope that we succeed in this task
Let me ask this, where do these Islamic terrorists get their ideas from?

43 posts, read 28,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
Are you also a Jehovah's Witness. Seriously. Why are you even attempting to convert people over to your faith. Ain't gonna happen ok?
dear , it doesn`t matter to convert people to Islam or not....we can only show the true path in our point of view.we believe that Islam is the right path , u may believe that christianity is the right path....if we call u to Islam that`s only from our love to people to guide them to right path and we respect ur beliefs anyway....we respect difference

256. There is no compulsion in religion. Now the path of rectitude has been made distinct from the path of error. Therefore, he who disbelieves in the Tâghût (false gods and false beliefs) and believes in Allâh will have firmly grasped the eternal, the unchangeable, and the most secure handhold, which will never separate or break. And Allâh is Ever-Hearing, Ever-Knowing. (Quran 2: 256)

10,607 posts, read 11,655,607 times
You know it's interesting, all religions have their atrocities from the past and that seems to be the problem here, we hold everybody who is a believer of whatever particular religion we don't particularly care for responsible for the atrocities of those in the past, this is wrong. I'm not sayingto forget the past, quite the contrary, remember the past and learn from it and move on into the future, change cannot be made by forever living in the past and we must change in order to survive the future. I used to feel that way, as a Native American I cared little about Christianity and what it did to my people, but that was in the past and that is where it belongs, I have learned to respect the belief or non-beliefs of all people and yet still keep the belief and customs of my people and I have learned and it has made me a better and understanding person.

Old 09-22-2010, 12:42 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,679,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
You know it's interesting, all religions have their atrocities from the past and that seems to be the problem here, we hold everybody who is a believer of whatever particular religion we don't particularly care for responsible for the atrocities of those in the past, this is wrong. I'm not sayingto forget the past, quite the contrary, remember the past and learn from it and move on into the future, change cannot be made by forever living in the past and we must change in order to survive the future. I used to feel that way, as a Native American I cared little about Christianity and what it did to my people, but that was in the past and that is where it belongs, I have learned to respect the belief or non-beliefs of all people and yet still keep the belief and customs of my people and I have learned and it has made me a better and understanding person.
The problem with Islam is its atrocities NOW.

Old 09-22-2010, 12:44 PM

18 posts, read 11,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Let me ask this, where do these Islamic terrorists get their ideas from?
Certainly not from the teachings of Islam
They take those ideas from some of the terrorists
Whether they are Muslims or non Muslims

Old 09-22-2010, 12:46 PM

5 posts, read 3,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Trying to convince us on an internet forum isn't going to work. Like I've already said, you Muslims need to clean up your own religion before anyone else is going to believe you're serious about being 'peaceful'.
what can we clean in Islam ????????????
Islam teaches us to live with other
Islam teach us how to respect other and religions
Islam teach us to share with other and try to help them we they ask and ask the help from other even in different religion.
Islam teaches us everything is good about life and how can we live our lives in the perfect way

tell me do u want us to clean this perfect religion ??????

I advice u to read about Islam and tell me what have u found ??????

Old 09-22-2010, 12:46 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,666,479 times
Quote:
Certainly not from the teachings of Islam
They take those ideas from some of the terrorists
Whether they are Muslims or non Muslims
Then why do they claim it is in the name of Islam, they have to be getting the ideas from somewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam