Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 10:00 AM

652 posts, read 1,276,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by a34dadsf View Post
You have to get some friends to BS it for you. Honestly, how are they going to verify work titles, position, responsibilities of your reference?

That will be my next step. I have 2 other friends who would say they supervised me and give me references for the other 2 jobs. First I am waiting from HR and see if the two nurses phone number were enough...

Question:
1. I only have cell numbers for my two friends, would be suspicious that how come I have my ex-bosses' cell phone number?
2. Can HR call and find out if those two friends worked there? (for example, they call HR and verify names and title)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2011, 10:18 AM

10,326 posts, read 17,437,038 times
Question 1
No supervisors often give out their cell numbers in case there is a problem while they are not there.

Question 2
possibly so have the friends use the name of the supervisor. Though my experience with HR people is that they are not that bright. This one sounds like an idiot on a power trip or drinking too much of the hospital kool-aid.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
Question 1
No supervisors often give out their cell numbers in case there is a problem while they are not there.

Question 2
possibly so have the friends use the name of the supervisor. Though my experience with HR people is that they are not that bright. This one sounds like an idiot on a power trip or drinking too much of the hospital kool-aid.
Can I say that I find an old e-mail and it had his company's phone and cell number on it?

Old 12-06-2011, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katalin View Post
Can I say that I find an old e-mail and it had his company's phone and cell number on it?
Tell them you found him on linked-in.

I honestly have no idea how this hospital manages to hire anyone with all the pointless road blocks and insane demands they make. Companies do not let supervisors give references due to liability. This hospital has to learn to deal with it rather than brow beat and threaten their candidates to have their past supervisors violate company policy for their own convenience.

Old 12-06-2011, 11:12 AM

6,896 posts, read 22,535,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
Tell them you found him on linked-in.

I honestly have no idea how this hospital manages to hire anyone with all the pointless road blocks and insane demands they make. Companies do not let supervisors give references due to liability. This hospital has to learn to deal with it rather than brow beat and threaten their candidates to have their past supervisors violate company policy for their own convenience.
I don't understand that either and they are probably one of those complaining that the worker pool is lacking skills.

Seriously the hospital has no obligation to hire you if they aren't breaking EOE laws.

Old 12-06-2011, 11:24 AM

And you have no ethical obligation to them if they are pressuring you to have someone violate their company's policy.

Old 12-06-2011, 11:49 AM

Default re

Well the Administrator really wants me to get hired who will be my boss. But HR is giving me a hard time....My friend suggested me that wait until HR contacts me and see what they say after I gave 2 of the nurses' numbers. If it's still not enough my friend said I should e-mail the Administrator and tell what's going on because the Administrator can over power HR if they really want me, plus HR might be telling the Administrator something different...If I tell the Administrator that I gave all the numbers I find, I went through all the steps but I can't keep track on people who left the company...any advise on this...should I mention in e-mail that it seems like HR is pushing companies to break policies? This is a big famous hospital and once I get in I don't have to deal with this HR person much....

Old 12-06-2011, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
I don't understand that either and they are probably one of those complaining that the worker pool is lacking skills.

Seriously the hospital has no obligation to hire you if they aren't breaking EOE laws.

What do you mean by "has no obligation to hire you if they aren't breaking EOE laws". They can't deny me because they only got dates and title and one references from my ex coworker? They called 4 of my ex employers and only got dates and title. Plus my ex coworker gave good reference. Now I gave 2 of the Nurses' phone numbers which one of them supervised me the other one I reported to....

Old 12-06-2011, 02:35 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,242,333 times
Quote:
What do you mean by "has no obligation to hire you if they aren't breaking EOE laws". They can't deny me because they only got dates and title and one references from my ex coworker?
Yes, they can. They can deny you for any reason or no reason at all, as long as your race, religion, or other protected class is not the reason.

Old 12-06-2011, 02:44 PM

Quote:
What do you mean by "has no obligation to hire you if they aren't breaking EOE laws". They can't deny me because they only got dates and title and one references from my ex coworker? They called 4 of my ex employers and only got dates and title. Plus my ex coworker gave good reference. Now I gave 2 of the Nurses' phone numbers which one of them supervised me the other one I reported to....
You are assuming the hiring system is just. I can tell you it is anything but. They can deny you a job because they didn't like your dress. Just do whatever you can to appease the HR pukes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search