Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 04:20 PM

652 posts, read 1,276,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
This sounds like the best approach.

But I would also mention you sent your references 7 days ago(as you were told by the HR woman that was all that was left) and they were never called and you did ask for a status from the HR person and never heard back.

I don't think she has been out ill for 7 days. You want to hint that the ball has been dropped.

Hopefully, if the first job is still open the administrator will "light a fire" under this HR woman.

Because if for some reason you missed out on the first job, you don't want this same HR person screwing it up a 2nd time for you.

This way someone else is aware of the problem, so you don't have a repeat.

The first position was "kind of" offered to me in an e-mail from administrator. She said in e-mail if my references go through. see e-mail:

Sorry it has taken a bit for me to get back to you. HR has had a backlog but I did speak with HR and she is working on your references. If all goes well, I have asked her to offer you the position. I would like to get you into orientation on December 5th but this is if your references are ok and HR gets everything completed.

I am trying my hardest to get you started. I am on vacation next week so do not worry if you do not hear from me. I will check with you when I return. (She never did). I had to write her letter last week and still hasn't gotten back to me.

This was on November 22nd...

then on December 6th I got an e-mail from HR after I e-mailed to find out what's going on :
I was planning on reaching out to you today so thank you for your e-mail. We have been working on your references and although we are very interested in you as a potential candidate we have been unable to obtain sufficient references at this point to continue moving forward. There is an update below. If you are able to come up with additional supervisory references we will be happy to continue the process, but if not I am afraid we will have to move on to other candidates.

Coworker- we were able to speak with her but since she did not supervise you directly or indirectly we can not count this as one of the references. (HR asked me to give her number duh....)

Company- The HR dept only verified dates and title

Company - forwarded us to the Work # which only verifies dates and title

Company- forwarded us to the Work # which only verifies dates and title

Company - There was no one at the # you provided who was able to give a reference - they forwarded me to HR who only verifies dates and titles.

I apologize if this process seems a little intense but we have high standards for our hiring process and obtaining 2 supervisory references is a non negotiable process.

Please let me know if you are able to provide any additional information.

Thank you,
HR

Last week I sent HR 2 supervisory/manager references plus one more reference. I am very shocked that I haven't heard from administrator who went from offering a higher position and getting back to me by e-mails to ignore me. HR I am not chocked at all. And yes the position is still very open, I saw it on line.

Last edited by katalin; 12-14-2011 at 04:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2011, 04:33 PM

Default re

Also, I would like to thank you guys who have been continuously replying to me, you guys are a great help and keep it coming. (hr person is working part time because she wants to spend time with her new born not because she is a temp.)

Last edited by katalin; 12-14-2011 at 05:03 PM..

Old 12-14-2011, 05:06 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,634,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katalin View Post
The first position was "kind of" offered to me in an e-mail from administrator. She said in e-mail if my references go through. see e-mail:

Sorry it has taken a bit for me to get back to you. HR has had a backlog but I did speak with HR and she is working on your references. If all goes well, I have asked her to offer you the position. I would like to get you into orientation on December 5th but this is if your references are ok and HR gets everything completed.

I am trying my hardest to get you started. I am on vacation next week so do not worry if you do not hear from me. I will check with you when I return. (She never did). I had to write her letter last week and still hasn't gotten back to me.

This was on November 22nd...

then on December 6th I got an e-mail from HR after I e-mailed to find out what's going on :
I was planning on reaching out to you today so thank you for your e-mail. We have been working on your references and although we are very interested in you as a potential candidate we have been unable to obtain sufficient references at this point to continue moving forward. There is an update below. If you are able to come up with additional supervisory references we will be happy to continue the process, but if not I am afraid we will have to move on to other candidates.

Coworker- we were able to speak with her but since she did not supervise you directly or indirectly we can not count this as one of the references. (HR asked me to give her number duh....)

Company- The HR dept only verified dates and title

Company - forwarded us to the Work # which only verifies dates and title

Company- forwarded us to the Work # which only verifies dates and title

Company - There was no one at the # you provided who was able to give a reference - they forwarded me to HR who only verifies dates and titles.

I apologize if this process seems a little intense but we have high standards for our hiring process and obtaining 2 supervisory references is a non negotiable process.

Please let me know if you are able to provide any additional information.

Thank you,
HR

Last week I sent HR 2 supervisory/manager references plus one more reference. I am very shocked that I haven't heard from administrator who went from offering a higher position and getting back to me by e-mails to ignore me. HR I am not chocked at all. And yes the position is still very open, I saw it on line.

Right, you shared those with me. Which shows the first administrator was very interested in hiring, somehow when it was turned over to HR things fell apart.

You provided what they asked for 7 days ago in regards to references who would do more than just verify that you worked there. Yet this HR woman has not contacted them.

I would do what Sware2cod said, contact the first administrator and mention that you interviewed for this 2nd position, are still interested in the first as well, oh BTW HR was provided with my references a week ago and they have not been contacted, could you please update me.

Old 12-14-2011, 05:36 PM

10,326 posts, read 17,427,673 times
HR has been given far too much credibility and power by companies.

Old 12-14-2011, 05:50 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,483,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
HR has been given far too much credibility and power by companies.
This is so true. This is why we always need to be super kind to them, whether you are an outside candidate or an internal employee.

Old 12-14-2011, 08:11 PM

Default re

So this means I won't be able to apply for jobs in this hospital because of hr wow! I wish I didn't have an accent, I hope that's not why hr doesn't like me.

Old 12-15-2011, 07:27 AM

Default Update!

OMG I don't even know where to start LOL! I finally got a hold of administrator, she said she didn't receive my e-mail last week also, HR told her that she only got job verifications and they needed 2 more supervisory references. I told administrator that the very next day I provided to her, she the administrator wasn't aware of it and she asked me to give her my 2 references and will talk to HR!!!!!!! I also asked her if she is still interested because I had another interview yesterday and I don't want to pass on another opportunity if she is not interested. She said she is still very interested but she wasn't aware of this!

Old 12-15-2011, 12:03 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,483,864 times
Quote:
OMG I don't even know where to start LOL! I finally got a hold of administrator, she said she didn't receive my e-mail last week also, HR told her that she only got job verifications and they needed 2 more supervisory references. I told administrator that the very next day I provided to her, she the administrator wasn't aware of it and she asked me to give her my 2 references and will talk to HR!!!!!!! I also asked her if she is still interested because I had another interview yesterday and I don't want to pass on another opportunity if she is not interested. She said she is still very interested but she wasn't aware of this!
Good news for you. Fingers crossed! You handled it very well.

Old 12-15-2011, 03:24 PM

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Good news for you. Fingers crossed! You handled it very well.
Will see if she put on act or was serious on this....

Old 12-15-2011, 04:02 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,634,677 times
Quote:

Good news!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search