Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2011, 10:39 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,065,654 times

Advertisements

Last Sunday my legs, from the knees down, starting swelling. By Tuesday they were twice original size. Tuesdat night they admitted me and original diagnosis (by duty doctor who I don't like) was Congested Heart Failure. Tuesday tests were run and sent to Cardiologist in Denver. Got results back on Wednesdaty was "Heart is healthy". That through them for a loop because they hadn't thought of anything else. So then they started scrambling to figure out what the cause is.

Lots of tests since then and more tests scheduled for next week. I feel fine, just can't walk very well. Legs hurt and no strength.

In th VA so lunch today was special.
Filet Mignon w/bacon
baked potatoe
sour cream
grated cheese and bacon bits
califlower with cheese sauce
pickle's and olives
celery and carrots
dinner roll
apple pie
vanilla ice cream

it almost didn't fit on my tray they brought to my bed. It was delicious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2011, 07:10 AM

8,090 posts, read 15,163,899 times
Dang, Elk, I never heard of that, other than from gout. But if you had congestive heart failure to that degree, I'd think you'd have other symptoms advanced enough that any idiot with a stealthyscope could diagnose it. Anyway, here's hopin' they figure it out, and it's not too serious.

(I dunno about humans or the rest of the world, but I find heart problems in dogs are blatantly obvious. My vet complains that I even spot the grade 1 murmurs that everyone else, including vets, usually ignore.)

At least they fed you right on the right day!!

Hey, what phone internet scam, er, scheme do you use?

Old 11-12-2011, 07:31 AM

8,090 posts, read 15,163,899 times
Caught a snowplow on Lost Trail Pass webcam this morning:

Old 11-12-2011, 08:08 AM

2 posts, read 2,029 times
Any AA's in this forum living in GF?

Old 11-12-2011, 08:44 AM

7 posts, read 11,005 times
Elkhunter .. Good to see you on here and that you seem to be doing better Sounds like a meal fit for a Vet! Thank you for all you did! I hope you continue to get better!

Old 11-12-2011, 08:49 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,065,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Dang, Elk, I never heard of that, other than from gout. But if you had congestive heart failure to that degree, I'd think you'd have other symptoms advanced enough that any idiot with a stealthyscope could diagnose it. Anyway, here's hopin' they figure it out, and it's not too serious.

(I dunno about humans or the rest of the world, but I find heart problems in dogs are blatantly obvious. My vet complains that I even spot the grade 1 murmurs that everyone else, including vets, usually ignore.)

At least they fed you right on the right day!!

Hey, what phone internet scam, er, scheme do you use?
I don't have internet on my phone. I do have wifi. I also have a device called MIFI from Verizon. It's a small wireless device about the size of a cell phone. It runs $49 a month and with it you can run 5 different devices at the same time.

So when I left the cabin, I grabbed the MIFI and put it in my pocket. That way I would have internet available for my phone if they kept me.

MIFI is a cell phone in that it will work anyplace a cell phone will work. At home I power my laptop, phone, and desktop computer with it.

Old 11-12-2011, 10:13 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
Get better. Sounds like some sort of lymphadema. Maybe they will get a pretty massage therapist for you...probably not at the VA.

With that sort of food, anyone can get heart problems, good grief! They should be feeding the vets healthy food, like lean turkey, wild rice, and spinach.

Old 11-12-2011, 10:45 AM

1,368 posts, read 3,218,221 times
Get better. Although, I don't know how heart healthy Vets Day lunch was though. I hope it tasted as good as it sounds.

Old 11-12-2011, 10:49 AM

1,368 posts, read 3,218,221 times
Montana Griz,
I hope you get to watch the game on Saturday. It's high time that MSU get a great seed and possibly kick the Griz out of the tourney at the same time. As UM is in the process of "rebranding" the school, do they want any help?

Go Cats!

Old 11-12-2011, 11:02 AM

1,191 posts, read 3,002,921 times
I experienced waking up to unexplained swollen feet and legs this summer, and it took a couple of months of docs not knowing what caused it, as my heart is healthy... finally I requested a sleep study and it turns out that I stop breathing every 53 seconds in my sleep. CPAP for apnea was the solution.

Have you had a sleep study done?

Good luck. Hope you are better soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana