Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2010, 07:54 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,678,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
Mt-7,

How'd the fish turn out? Sounds gross...
Actually quite nice, I just decided to beer batter it, made some slaw and it was a nice break from beef and potatoes.
I grew up eating catfish in the south so nothing is too harsh for me

Old 02-25-2010, 08:49 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,530,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt-7 View Post
Actually quite nice, I just decided to beer batter it, made some slaw and it was a nice break from beef and potatoes.
I can still see my dad taking out all the catfish bones for us when we were little..... One time I tried to filet one, (or whatever you call it when you take the pliers and yank the spine out).....I tore up the fish....

I don't 'do' fish...(no shellfish either)...my husband will sometimes order trout if we are in a 'mountainish' restaurant..(he has a favorite little place near Mammoth)...and he does salmon out on the grill for himself.... I don't allow it to be cooked in the house....can't take the smell... I cook bacon outside in an electric skillet on the patio....can't take that smell in the house either...

Glad it turned out for you......did you ever find out what kind it was?

Old 02-25-2010, 09:14 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,678,174 times
Oh yes it was a
Northern pike - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-25-2010, 09:22 AM

448 posts, read 1,070,781 times
"Small town peeping toms! Hmmmmm, I remember a small town I lived in not long ago where the son of a local businessman was caught peeking in the bathroom window of the town cops very young and pretty wife !
Oh my, I don't think anything happened to him except a minor scolding that most likely didn't do him any good. "
Reminds me of my peeping toms, I even took pictures of them, hope they come through ok...
http://thumb2.webshots.net/t/68/168/6/40/ (broken link)

Old 02-25-2010, 09:26 AM

448 posts, read 1,070,781 times
Quote:
Then you my friend have lived an "incomplete life".
Art was one of the true last great radio personalities, good on the interview, quirky enough to keep you listening.

YouTube - Art Bell & David Oates Discuss Frantic Area 51 Caller Reversals
I miss him and the good ol days !! You never can tell what lurks out there. Right? lol..

Old 02-25-2010, 03:21 PM

8,088 posts, read 15,163,899 times
Quote:
Catfish good! Buttery flavour. I like it for breakfast!

Pike is good too, and you get plenty of it with each fish Did you try the roe, if it had some? It's supposed to be good.

Old 02-25-2010, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Yeow! That frog could have been my hand!

There are a couple of nice lakes in CA..(well, there are many nice lakes, but I am talking about just a couple....LOL).....can't remember where they are anymore...I am pretty sure they are alpine lakes......at one time, somebody threw in a couple of pike and they have taken over.....they kill all the nice fish, such as trout or bass or whatever.... They have even drained one of them to try to start over because it was one of the top fishing lakes where guys go when they are trying to catch the biggest one so that they can win a prize......it was really sad to read about it... The pike had a very mean nickname because they are so destructive.... I recall that they had also tried to dynamite the water and get them out that way, too.....and they also put poison into the water at one point....(but it was not the type of poison that would hurt people in case it got into drinking water)..

I'm obviously not a fisherman, (duh) or else I might have been more apt to remember the specific details....

I was at Mammoth one time and rowed a boat into some rocks and a fisherman had to jump off the rocks and back onto land...he threw his pole down into the water and ran......so I guess I'm not a rowboat person either....

Old 02-26-2010, 06:40 AM

160 posts, read 301,312 times
Lake Davis in California was poisoned to try and eradicate the pike.

Old 02-26-2010, 05:15 PM

8,088 posts, read 15,163,899 times
For my fellow SF fans:

Welcome to MisCon | MisCon 24 Montana's Longest Running Science Fiction Convention | Space and Time | MisCon 24 Celebrating 25 Years of Fandom in Montana

Old 02-27-2010, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cumminszhere View Post
Lake Davis in California was poisoned to try and eradicate the pike.
That name is not ringing a bell so there must be several.....I know I have read more than one article in the L.A. Times about the issues in CA lakes.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana