Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2009, 10:56 PM

48 posts, read 150,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by koalabear View Post
I did not receive a letter today, I run out of EB on 11/14. There is no mail tomorrow. But I live out in the country in Warren County.

I believe the problem with the six additional weeks was reported earlier here in an article from Orange County, California and on the CA website, not in NJ. Each state has unique issues and handles this situation differently. Although the six weeks is identified as a separate tier which is a technical issue, I would trust what the NELP says relating to the grandfather clause as the two tiers were enacted on the same bill. I wouldn't worry about that. But I wish I had my letter today.
You know, the "Monetary Determination" column on the letter will be interesting. I wonder if it'll show a 14 week balance or a 20 week. That will tell a lot! Should be interesting...

Old 11-12-2009, 12:46 AM

7 posts, read 15,725 times
Default Can anyone explain this to me?

This is what is on the Arizona website for extended benefits
[CENTER]Extended Benefits - Update 11/9/2009[/CENTER]
Due to the recent approval of additional Emergency Unemployment Compensation (EUC) funds, no new Extended Benefit (EB) claims will be accepted which are effective on or after 11/8/2009. If you are currently receiving EB or have exhausted (or about to exhaust) all of the EUC you were entitled to before this new legislation was passed, we anticipate that the transition will not result in any significant disruption of benefits. Individuals who were receiving EB will continue to be paid. If you recently received a Notice of Potential Eligibility for Extended Benefits (EB5A) because you exhausted your EUC claim prior to 11/8/2009, you MUST file your claim through the AZ Unemployment Insurance Call Center.

A notice is expected to be mailed out within the next two weeks showing your additional benefit entitlement and/or providing any further instructions. Unlike EB, there are no special work search requirements for EUC—you must continue to seek employment in a manner that will result in your prompt reemployment and meet all other eligibility requirements. Department personnel are currently working on the implementation of the additional EUC monies and Call Center representatives have no additional information at this time.

I do not understant it. My EB ended in September and I have yet to receive any notice informing me if I am eligible. Am I?

Old 11-12-2009, 07:14 AM

3 posts, read 8,987 times
Good luck to those waiting for the mail today.

I have a question: I'm curious if anyone has been late mailing the yellow work search form, or even forgot to mail it? What happened, or would happen?

Old 11-12-2009, 07:16 AM

354 posts, read 946,161 times
what did u guys think I was before I mentioned my gender quite some time ago? Male or Female? I thought Mr. New Jersey was a widowed 82 yr. old Woman from Paramus. LOL kidding.
We should just do an Age/Sex/Location check in here. LOL That doesn't matter another well thought out joke by yours truely.

Yeah and LOL Kramscout.

So back to the topic at hand. Just curious? How is it that you get to see what the Man or Woman at the UE office Musi has on their computer? I never have been able to see any information on the computer. When I go to there I have to go to the counter and they look it up for me. But there is no way to see the computer screen. Frankly I would think that is against regulations. If they did that then everyone would want to see. Where would it end. It would just make their jobs that much more of a pain in the A$$ then it already is. What office to you go to? Maybe its different then my office but I would think they are all pretty much uniform and set up the same way as the next. Just my thoughts don't be hate-in on me YO. LOL

God if i have to watch any more of these kids toddler shows I am going to go nuts today.

12 reasons unemployment is going to (at least) 12 percent link to the article: James Pethokoukis » Blog Archive » 12 reasons unemployment is going to (at least) 12 percent | Blogs |

New York Times Blames Workers for Unemployment? Unbelievable !!!! Les Leopold: New York Times Blames Workers for Unemployment?

Old 11-12-2009, 07:19 AM

1,252 posts, read 3,484,662 times
Default No Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonhomie77 View Post

I have a question: I'm curious if anyone has been late mailing the yellow work search form, or even forgot to mail it? What happened, or would happen?
I was late mailing it every time and nothing happened.

Old 11-12-2009, 07:20 AM

354 posts, read 946,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonhomie77 View Post

They randomly choose people 1/30 to see if they are searching for work and if you happen to not have yours sent in that week that would cause your benefit payments to be held up until you are able to prove that you have been looking for work and possibly not get anymore EB payments. I wouldn't take the chance if you are late just send it in immediately and back date the searches just so they have it. But don't do that again its not worth losing. I forgot mine twice and was fine but was nervous about it the entire time.

Old 11-12-2009, 08:32 AM

702 posts, read 1,571,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttwna View Post
This is what is on the Arizona website for extended benefits
[CENTER]Extended Benefits - Update 11/9/2009[/CENTER]
Due to the recent approval of additional Emergency Unemployment Compensation (EUC) funds, no new Extended Benefit (EB) claims will be accepted which are effective on or after 11/8/2009. If you are currently receiving EB or have exhausted (or about to exhaust) all of the EUC you were entitled to before this new legislation was passed, we anticipate that the transition will not result in any significant disruption of benefits. Individuals who were receiving EB will continue to be paid. If you recently received a Notice of Potential Eligibility for Extended Benefits (EB5A) because you exhausted your EUC claim prior to 11/8/2009, you MUST file your claim through the AZ Unemployment Insurance Call Center.

A notice is expected to be mailed out within the next two weeks showing your additional benefit entitlement and/or providing any further instructions. Unlike EB, there are no special work search requirements for EUC—you must continue to seek employment in a manner that will result in your prompt reemployment and meet all other eligibility requirements. Department personnel are currently working on the implementation of the additional EUC monies and Call Center representatives have no additional information at this time.

I do not understant it. My EB ended in September and I have yet to receive any notice informing me if I am eligible. Am I?
I don't know how your state is handling mailing out forms but you can always call to see if you are eligible.

What you posted seems to say anyone who would of been eligible to start EB before this law was passed Nov 8 will now go to this new tier instead.

Those that are in the middle of EB will just continue on EB rather than as some states have done and stop their EB to switch them to this new tier.

Old 11-12-2009, 08:49 AM

205 posts, read 389,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilzz View Post
They randomly choose people 1/30 to see if they are searching for work and if you happen to not have yours sent in that week that would cause your benefit payments to be held up until you are able to prove that you have been looking for work and possibly not get anymore EB payments. I wouldn't take the chance if you are late just send it in immediately and back date the searches just so they have it. But don't do that again its not worth losing. I forgot mine twice and was fine but was nervous about it the entire time.
I mailed mine in every week. I was afraid not to, but there were some weeks that there were just no jobs to apply for, so I'd have to go through the phone book, call up some companies and ask if they were hiring and put them down on the yellow sheet. LOL

Old 11-12-2009, 09:38 AM

213 posts, read 769,768 times
I have been afraid to deviate at all from the instructions. My yellow form says that it must be mailed on Friday. I hesitated last week as I forgot to get it in a mailbox Thurs afternoon and missed mail delivery Fri morning so it would not have gone out til Saturday, but just decided it was not worth risking any interruption of benefits or otherwise calling attention to myself, so I got it to the post office before they closed on Friday. Mine is completed for 2 weeks at a time, so mailed every 2 weeks. I also always make sure I have the 3 jobs/3 different days of the week on it as well.

Old 11-12-2009, 09:44 AM

23 posts, read 49,749 times
Has anyone in NJ not received their eligibility form yet for the new ext?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment