Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2007, 11:43 PM

1,453 posts, read 4,929,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAT View Post

Newark is a "big boy". He has enough going on to handle the glib bad mouthing by the frightened outsiders that post on tbis site or anywhere else. If it was up to these people America would not exist since the area at one time was too dangerous to live and raise children. This was true to a point. But life requires strong people to move mountains and create safe havens while life requires weak people to take shelter in a "safe" havens.

Weak people have that right. But these people forget that the "safe" haven was not always "safe". It took strong people to make it "safe".

Newark is great.
But it is not for the weak and the scared.
Niether is NYC..
It is a big city.

It needs big minds, with big egos, big gutts and big money.
Not for the weak and the scared? Did someone drink too much coffee this morning?

Yes, yes you are strong and brave.

Anyone who really wants to mentor should be out doing it. Not posting on city-data. Start at home while your at it.
Don't worry so much about bravery -just get at it-tomorrow is too long to wait.

Old 11-02-2007, 06:47 AM

8 posts, read 39,449 times
I don't live in Newark I live northern NJ however I can tell you with conviction Newark is the worst.Have you seen the news lately? although Newark has always been rough! Knew a teacher in Newark public schools said it was the worst he was offered alot of money to teach there and he did it for a while but left after having had his lap top stolen his winter coat stolen on one of the coldest days of the year and finally assaulted.Good Luck!

Old 11-02-2007, 09:22 AM

528 posts, read 1,184,944 times
Yo! i work over in clifton, like 5 miles away. nevah been to newakrs so i thot i'd check it out. drove down theres the other day, MADD NICE!~! they got the new devils stadium, it looked like a nice place. busy streets, professional businessmen, store fronts, etc.

I expected it to look like Rochester, where i go to school. Now THAT'S a dump!

Old 11-02-2007, 09:54 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,241,325 times
I'm curious to see if any of the changes Cory Booker has implemented as Mayor are starting to show some positive results. Anyone have any insight?

Old 11-02-2007, 10:40 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,377,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toredyvik View Post
Yo! i work over in clifton, like 5 miles away. nevah been to newakrs so i thot i'd check it out. drove down theres the other day, MADD NICE!~! they got the new devils stadium, it looked like a nice place. busy streets, professional businessmen, store fronts, etc.

I expected it to look like Rochester, where i go to school. Now THAT'S a dump!
I'm not even going to touch that one- I'll just get yelled at again....lol

Old 11-02-2007, 11:00 AM

751 posts, read 1,178,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAT View Post
Newark is a "big boy". He has enough going on to handle the glib bad mouthing by the frightened outsiders that post on tbis site or anywhere else. If it was up to these people America would not exist since the area at one time was too dangerous to live and raise children. This was true to a point. But life requires strong people to move mountains and create safe havens while life requires weak people to take shelter in a "safe" havens.
Newark is full of "strong people" like all those thugs and drug dealers hanging out by the Penn Station. Now, the weak ones are the ones that choose to live in places like Westfield or Scotch Plains where you have safety, good schools and people that are actually civilized. Stop trying to make Newark look like it is some kind of paradise, because it is one of the worst cities, I will say it once again, worst cities I have ever been to in the United States. It is nasty, smelly, ghetto and dirty. Steer clear from this dump

Old 11-02-2007, 11:10 AM

438 posts, read 965,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
I'm not even going to touch that one- I'll just get yelled at again....lol

I can read Bob's mind on this one and it's not very nice....

Old 11-02-2007, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeache View Post
Newark is full of "strong people" like all those thugs and drug dealers hanging out by the Penn Station. Now, the weak ones are the ones that choose to live in places like Westfield or Scotch Plains where you have safety, good schools and people that are actually civilized. Stop trying to make Newark look like it is some kind of paradise, because it is one of the worst cities, I will say it once again, worst cities I have ever been to in the United States. It is nasty, smelly, ghetto and dirty. Steer clear from this dump
Don't you love when people talk about how you've got to "be strong" or "rake risks" or whatever, to live in someplace like Newark? I take enough risk during the course of the day at work- the last thing I want to do is have to "be strong" to live where I live- I want to come home, relax, hang out with my kids or my neighbors, and maybe take a stroll around the neighborhood. I don't want to have to worry about whether I've got one block too far from the tiny little section of Newark that "might" be acceptable to live in, and worry about getting run over by some gangbanger who just stole a car, or get killed by a stray bullet from some crack deal gone bad.

If I'm "weak" for choosing not to subject myself and my family to such conditions, then keep the spinach Popeye, because I don't want any......

Old 11-02-2007, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kungfulou View Post
I can read Bob's mind on this one and it's not very nice....
See why I left it alone???? lol

Old 11-02-2007, 12:56 PM

1,453 posts, read 4,929,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
I'm curious to see if any of the changes Cory Booker has implemented as Mayor are starting to show some positive results. Anyone have any insight?
You post this question on city-data (as usual) knowing very well that most of the posters here would not have that kind of info. Why not challenge yourself a little for once? If you sincerely want to know there are many places you could research something like this.

The majority of the posts on here where people claim to live in Newark are completely bogus. They are filled with inaccurate information rendering them worthless. At least in this batch he did not start any of the posts with "I am a strong Black woman" like in previous threads.

Too bad city-data doesn't have a way to limit the number of sign-on id's one person can have.
LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey