Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2017, 03:18 PM

712 posts, read 771,378 times

Advertisements

HPD: INCLUSIONARY HOUSING ELIG. CERT > What does this mean, it can only be accepted by an examiner?
How does that process go?

Old 06-15-2017, 03:24 PM

26 posts, read 26,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New light baptist View Post
HPD: INCLUSIONARY HOUSING ELIG. CERT > What does this mean, it can only be accepted by an examiner?
How does that process go?
That is between the developers and HPD. The process:

Applicants must submit a completed Inclusionary Housing Program Affordable Housing Plan Application ("Application") and all information required as stated on the Inclusionary Housing Program Application Checklist (which is included in the Application).

Once an Application is complete, based on all necessary review, the developer or owner may enter into a regulatory agreement with HPD. The fully executed, regulatory agreement must be recorded against the property containing the affordable units, for as long as the density bonus is in use, as a restriction running with the land.

Upon full execution of the regulatory agreement, HPD will generate a Permit Notice, commonly referred to as the "DOB letter", for delivery to the NYC Department of Buildings (DOB). The Permit Notice states the amount of affordable floor area that a project will generate and allows DOB to issue a permit, to the bearer, to build the additional density created pursuant to the IHP.

Upon completion of the affordable housing, HPD will issue certificate(s) that state the amount affordable floor area generated. Thereafter DOB may issue a certificate of occupancy for a project using density bonus generated by this affordable floor area.

A single affordable development may generate a density bonus for multiple Compensated Developments. See Section 23-911 of the Zoning Resolution for a definition of the term "Compensated Development."

Old 06-15-2017, 03:56 PM

Is this the internal compliance review.
Thank you sooooo much for such a productive and informative day

Old 06-16-2017, 10:04 AM

26 posts, read 26,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New light baptist View Post
Yea!! Stay Positive, stay on the look out of more info. Thanks for all you are doing.
No problem. I look at it this way, it doesn't work....we keep trying!! Too much negativity in the world, we are better

Old 06-16-2017, 10:09 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,843,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFre220 View Post
No problem. I look at it this way, it doesn't work....we keep trying!! Too much negativity in the world, we are better
I know 21 West End Avenue (next door) didn't work out for you, but I think that was a blessing in disguise. The apartments at 10 Freedom are supposed to be much bigger. I'm rooting for you; I'm rooting for all of us. I hope we can all get coffee one day as neighbors.

Old 06-16-2017, 10:50 AM

275 posts, read 256,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiivile View Post
I know 21 West End Avenue (next door) didn't work out for you, but I think that was a blessing in disguise. The apartments at 10 Freedom are supposed to be much bigger. I'm rooting for you; I'm rooting for all of us. I hope we can all get coffee one day as neighbors.
Me too! Thanks for all the updates yesterday, everyone! It was so fun to read them on the way home after work. I am so happy it seems to be moving forward again.

Old 06-16-2017, 11:04 AM

4,776 posts, read 6,577,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFre220 View Post
Hey guys, according to my people but between us of course, Breaking Ground is also in the process of expanding their current office space and hiring 30 more employees for "processing and leasing" departments. An FYI on the screen shot I uploaded a couple of days ago is that it stands for our building not the market rate building, so the delivery for July 2017 applies to 10 Freedom Place. 1 West End has sold most of it's units and is in closing or negotiations through various brokers. The floor plans for this building are insane. The PH is a duplex with 5 BR and 4 Bathrooms. I also saw that the inspections are going through. Keep in mind Silverstein is friends with everybody so they will move it along for him and his abatement is attractive. MONEY TALKS...lol

Feels like we are getting close. Hope so. Good to be in real estate, you can snoop and I know who Breaking Ground's office landlord and broker are.
I wonder how these jobs are advertised. I think one of us should try to get hired, and so there would be someone on the inside to answer questions!

Old 06-16-2017, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
I wonder how these jobs are advertised. I think one of us should try to get hired, and so there would be someone on the inside to answer questions!
https://www4.recruitingcenter.net/Cl...controller.cfm

Have at it. Though it will probably disqualify you from any BG lotteries

Old 06-16-2017, 11:14 AM

Breaking Ground is looking for a Building Director for this building: https://www4.recruitingcenter.net/Cl...=10913&esid=az

Old 06-16-2017, 11:35 AM

Hey, you would probably exceed the income requirement for a affordable apartment if you apply for the job. . I wonder if they are going to move forward before they hire someone? That becomes another "wait". I hope it is true that they have to have affordable in the building before the market rate folks. After all it's because of us poor folks that gives them the tax abatement. I sure hope there is a Starbucks close.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery