Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2014, 06:43 PM

252 posts, read 608,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexAveExp5 View Post
She's my girlfriend and I already put her on the application. I am the head of household so they shouldn't check her credit unless I marry her, right? It's not that she has bad credit, she just has no credit

nope. once you put her down on the application they check her credit and her income. you should have just put yourself down ;-) gotta know the tricks of the trade to live in NYC
what i say do now is, have her build her credit because they will be checking it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2014, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimroy View Post
I am confused. I sent in my application last Monday (May 5) I called today to ask if they received my application and money order and the lady told me they would not be looking at apps until 5/19 or 5/20 so she couldn't tell me. You really got a letter from masaryk mgmt? Did anyone else?

ack sorry. I am thinking of a UWS coop I applied to, and they sent me a letter back that they received everything. From Masaryk I havent receieved anything back yet, but I did mail it already last week. the due date is 5/19

Old 05-15-2014, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyDNYC View Post
I'm so excited to have been picked in the lottery...just discouraging to know the wait could be years =(. I'm just above 1000 in the 1BR lottery. I wonder though how many people who got picked either don't qualify or won't send in their application because they don't want to spend the $200? Hoping A LOT!!

Did anyone else enter the lottery for the 1BR M-L co-op in the Columbus Circle area? The ad for that one came out just after the Masaryk towers ad. I'm curious if those letters have also gone out? Would be exciting to have a chance for both! I'm so sad that I've just recently discovered Mitchell-Lama and haven't been trying for years!

I got picked for the ML Lincoln Center lottery. I also sent out that $200 money order and application. That is the building I recevied my confirmation back that they recevied my Money order and application. I confused it with Masaryk. Masaryk hasnt sent me anything yet,
for ML Lincoln Center im in the 200s (waiting list #)
For Masaryk I am in the 40's

Old 05-15-2014, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyDNYC View Post
I'm so excited to have been picked in the lottery...just discouraging to know the wait could be years =(. I'm just above 1000 in the 1BR lottery. I wonder though how many people who got picked either don't qualify or won't send in their application because they don't want to spend the $200? Hoping A LOT!!

Did anyone else enter the lottery for the 1BR M-L co-op in the Columbus Circle area? The ad for that one came out just after the Masaryk towers ad. I'm curious if those letters have also gone out? Would be exciting to have a chance for both! I'm so sad that I've just recently discovered Mitchell-Lama and haven't been trying for years!

Yes there so many ML coops out there. I am on a few lists already. The longest one Ive been on is from 2010, hoping I will get called soon, but its also in a desirable Manhattan neighborhood so who knows when thatll happen. You can find a list of all ML rental and coops in NYC online

Old 05-15-2014, 10:34 PM

109 posts, read 196,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meli722 View Post
nope. once you put her down on the application they check her credit and her income. you should have just put yourself down ;-) gotta know the tricks of the trade to live in NYC
what i say do now is, have her build her credit because they will be checking it
I'm not moving without her. Would they have let her move in with me if I had left her off the list?

Old 05-16-2014, 02:56 AM

109 posts, read 196,014 times
Dammit, I just looked at the original notice for the opening of the list for Masaryk and I never realized they allow THREE people into a 1BR. I'm at the top of the income limit and I thought 2 people was the max. I guess for those of us making in the 80-90k range, they want 3 people to live there. Oh well, we still qualify for Inwood Terrace

Old 05-16-2014, 06:50 AM

16 posts, read 32,153 times
@meli7722
Hi Meli, when did you get the letter from ML -Lincoln center? I guess I can stop waiting for that development to call
Congrats for being picked for both ML waiting lists, and such small numbers! you are a lucky lady! Let's us know how the process went when time comes.

Old 05-16-2014, 06:30 PM

Quote:
I'm not moving without her. Would they have let her move in with me if I had left her off the list?

You could have left her off. Just put yourself. and she couldve moved in with you after, theres no way they would know she lives there. she would need another address to use in the mean time while living with you though

Old 05-16-2014, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkNewYork99 View Post
@meli7722
Hi Meli, when did you get the letter from ML -Lincoln center? I guess I can stop waiting for that development to call
Congrats for being picked for both ML waiting lists, and such small numbers! you are a lucky lady! Let's us know how the process went when time comes.

Hey NewYorkNewYork99

I got the ML Lincoln Center waiting list notice one week before the Masaryk notice.
The ML list I actually didnt see online at all , which is where I always look. A friend sent it to me and said it was in the daily news.
Sucks because I had come up with $200 for lincoln center then another $200 for the Masaryk
But luckly I had it. Thanks Im surprised I got picked as well.

Old 05-16-2014, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Dammit, I just looked at the original notice for the opening of the list for Masaryk and I never realized they allow THREE people into a 1BR. I'm at the top of the income limit and I thought 2 people was the max. I guess for those of us making in the 80-90k range, they want 3 people to live there. Oh well, we still qualify for Inwood Terrace

LexAve

With adding your GF, did you go over?

Last edited by meli722; 05-16-2014 at 06:37 PM.. Reason: mistake
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery