Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2014, 03:41 PM

109 posts, read 196,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meli722 View Post
Credit check is for everyone that works. Because even though they ate not head they are still bringing income into the houshold. My building is HPD lottery as well but rental not coop and they check everyones credit. If the person moves in after the head already got the apartment then they do not check. They only need their w2s and pay stubs to be added to the lease. But if they are applying at the same time as the head they are also checked
That's crazy! They say when you marry someone, you marry their credit. But I didn't even marry her yet! My list number for the lottery is in the 150's. If I get her a credit card tomorrow (and obviously use it and pay it off), do you think she'll have a 700 by the time they call us? She has no credit now, good or bad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2014, 05:55 PM

252 posts, read 608,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexAveExp5 View Post
That's crazy! They say when you marry someone, you marry their credit. But I didn't even marry her yet! My list number for the lottery is in the 150's. If I get her a credit card tomorrow (and obviously use it and pay it off), do you think she'll have a 700 by the time they call us? She has no credit now, good or bad
Nope theyre gonna look at everyone that is going to bring income in so since she works theyll check both of you. They will ask for er pay stubs,w2s, tax return info etc as well. What I did to build my credit was get a capital one card. It had a low credit line but it worked i would just use it every month for something then just pay it off when it was due

Old 05-18-2014, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meli722 View Post
Nope theyre gonna look at everyone that is going to bring income in so since she works theyll check both of you. They will ask for er pay stubs,w2s, tax return info etc as well. What I did to build my credit was get a capital one card. It had a low credit line but it worked i would just use it every month for something then just pay it off when it was due
My number on the list is in the 40s ,so im hoping to get called soon,i can def keep you posted on what they ask for

Old 05-18-2014, 06:09 PM

109 posts, read 196,014 times
Thanks. She works at freaking Shake Shack and wants to quit. Maybe when they call us would be a good time for her to quit? It's a BS job anyway

Old 05-18-2014, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexAveExp5 View Post
Thanks. She works at freaking Shake Shack and wants to quit. Maybe when they call us would be a good time for her to quit? It's a BS job anyway
Possibly. But try the capital one card. I suggested it to a friend and she did it wirked for her too

Old 05-18-2014, 06:44 PM

329 posts, read 682,727 times
Totally disappointed this thread has become a thread on how to cheat the system.
Keep in mind that there are families that really need a place to live and are not cheating the system. The greed of the human race is destroying the world.

Old 05-18-2014, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanting_to_move View Post
Totally disappointed this thread has become a thread on how to cheat the system.
Keep in mind that there are families that really need a place to live and are not cheating the system. The greed of the human race is destroying the world.
?? Def not about cheating the system. He has a GF not a wife therefore that is not his spouse he couldve left her off the application. He is not legally married. But since he did put her I am telling him how to build her credit so that she has a good score for later on.
I do know about families needing apartments and I have lived in nyc my entire life & know hoe hard it is to find a good decent affordable place in this city. Sorry if you feel this thread has turned that way,but it has not.

Old 05-18-2014, 06:53 PM

I also want to add, to each his own.
If it were me and I knew my BF had bad credit I would be skeptical to add him. Being that he isnt my husband I have no ties to him legally.
I wouldve applied myself and then later on added my BF if we were even still together by then.
There are some things you need to do to get ahead in this city but I dont see that as cheating the sustem as you say.
Cheating the system is flat out lying about income or subletting an apartmnt etc.
I know all about familaies really needing a good place to live in this city that is expensive to live in

Old 05-18-2014, 07:47 PM

329 posts, read 682,727 times
I'm entitled to my opinion as you are. Having someone quite a job when they get called .. isnt that lying about income. This person already owns a coop. People like me who was born and raised on the lower east side. Busted my ass going to school at night and a corporate job during the day. I Can't afford an apartment. I have student loan and a kid with special needs. I can not save enough to buy a coop at market rate. I wish I could but I just cant. This is the only way I can give my kid a home.
But to each their own I believe in Karma.

Old 05-18-2014, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanting_to_move View Post
I'm entitled to my opinion as you are. Having someone quite a job when they get called .. isnt that lying about income. This person already owns a coop. People like me who was born and raised on the lower east side. Busted my ass going to school at night and a corporate job during the day. I Can't afford an apartment. I have student loan and a kid with special needs. I can not save enough to buy a coop at market rate. I wish I could but I just cant. This is the only way I can give my kid a home.
But to each their own I believe in Karma.

Yep we all have our opinions. I went to college and graduate school on weekends and at night, with two children so I understand what you are saying. I also have student loans to pay off from grad school.
And thats great you are from LES, i lived in LES for quite some time.
He was saying maybe she should quit when he is called, that is on him. I dont see it as lying, but if shes going to quit anyway then she can quit when they get called that way she has no job. He might not see it as lying, but to each his own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery