Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2012, 04:20 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
I'm sorry, but that was too funny!! If it's any consolation, a woman sat next to me eating a beef patty and it took her like 20 minutes. Who takes that long to eat a beef patty?

Cause it's the fast food you want to eat slow!

Wait...I think I stole Roy Rogers fast food slogan..Was that Roy's?

I wish people would not eat on the Subway. And the way some of them scarf it down, My goodness! That was slow one, But look around. Some folks gobble down a hero like a coked-up Bigfoot on a crash diet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2012, 04:26 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,236,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
[/b]

Cause it's the fast food you want to eat slow!

Wait...I think I stole Roy Rogers fast food slogan..Was that Roy's? Dunno. Are there even anymore of them around?

I wish people would not eat on the Subway. And the way some of them scarf it down, My goodness! That was slow one, But look around. Some folks gobble down a hero like a coked-up Bigfoot on a crash diet.
They all bother me, fast or slow. Depending on the food, the train or bus just gets funky. Not to get off topic, but one day, on the bus, this guy was eating...are you ready? A big styrofoam platter of FRIED FISH. I think we all looked like this:

Old 02-08-2012, 04:35 PM

Quote:
They all bother me, fast or slow. Depending on the food, the train or bus just gets funky. Not to get off topic, but one day, on the bus, this guy was eating...are you ready? A big styrofoam platter of FRIED FISH. I think we all looked like this:
ugh, Fish on a stuffy train. Now that's a bugger! The greasy Chinese food eaters are common as well. Smells like rice and feet!

Roy's has only a few scattered locations in a few states.

Old 02-08-2012, 04:38 PM

Quote:
ugh, Fish on a stuffy train. Now that's a bugger! The greasy Chinese food eaters are common as well. Smells like rice and feet!

Roy's has only a few scattered locations in a few states.
No, it was on the bus but the bus was PACKED. I remember Roys on Queens Blvd by the Queens Center Mall. but that's another thread

Old 02-08-2012, 04:48 PM

Quote:
No, it was on the bus but the bus was PACKED. I remember Roys on Queens Blvd by the Queens Center Mall. but that's another thread
I meant to say bus, The thread title threw me. it's still gross though.
The bus should get a thread by itself. Weird/rude people on that and they are packed into 1 place. Yikes!

Old 02-08-2012, 04:57 PM

Quote:
I meant to say bus, The thread title threw me. it's still gross though.
The bus should get a thread by itself. Weird/rude people on that and they are packed into 1 place. Yikes!

Old 02-08-2012, 07:02 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
I was riding a train home one evening and a bunch of people got on somewhere in midtown Manhattan--three or four adult woman and one little girl who couldn't have been more than four or five. At one point, the little girl made it very plain that she had to pee. So one of the woman (I'm guessing it was her mother) told her to go ahead and do it right there in the car...which she did.

There's never a cop around when you need one to drag people like that off the train. (Not the little girl; I mean her mother. I guess there's no such thing as mandatory childraising classes).

Old 02-08-2012, 07:21 PM

160 posts, read 198,241 times
Nybbler,

Show me a pregnant man, and I will retract my statement most humbly.

I wasn't saying men should give seats to women. I was saying seats should be given to heavily pregnant people. Most ideally by fit, sturdy, non-pregnant people who have the height and reach to hold onto the upper handholds easily.

I can't do a thing about the fact that all pregnant people are female. Feminism is no help there.

I've never thought to ask a guy to give up his seat for me because I've never been pregnant.

Nor have I or ever will get anyone pregnant, even by dint of some unforseeable accident. I just think men who complain about women having some presumed sense of gross overentitlement to a seat when heavily pregnant are being rather ungracious.
It's a good excuse. She falls over, a baby could be killed. A man's baby as well as hers.

Last edited by sywi; 02-08-2012 at 07:30 PM..

Old 02-08-2012, 08:47 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,213,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sywi View Post
Nybbler,

Show me a pregnant man, and I will retract my statement most humbly.

I wasn't saying men should give seats to women. I was saying seats should be given to heavily pregnant people.
Now don't go backpedaling on me. What you complained about, specifically, was "You are the sort of guy who would have trampled women rushing for a seat on a lifeboat on the Titanic."

Not "trampled pregnant women", but "trampled women".

Old 02-09-2012, 01:24 PM

Default 2 legged subway rats.

I have a new schedule at work, One that I leave during some of the kids getting out of school. Just today 2 of them were roughhousing and the kid got pushed out of his seat and bumped into an elderly woman! Luckily the train was still and she was not frail. instead of apologizing, he went back to his seat and when others told them to calm down he began cursing everyone out and throwing a fit, With small children around. Disgusting. They say kids are future...By the looks of it we are doomed. So sick of the gangsta/thug wanna-be's who not only have no common sense, But have no regard for other people. And it's wondered why they die young by getting shot, being in gangs/drugs etc. This is a bit harsh compared to my normal posts, But I will not censor myself. Not today.

A sweet old lady, Someones grandma. Maybe it was yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City