Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2008, 06:23 PM

128 posts, read 224,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe8 View Post
yea another OTJ here start is definatly the 7th, Aug 7 for the next class they said.
Make sure all paperwork is in the same name two people had problems one had a birth cert. that did not match his SS card or License. The other had to go to global to get a translation of his school records and they said (DCAS) that it had to say High School Diploma. Make sure you have your POSTAL MONEY ORDER FOR 94.25!!! one guy didn't but ran to the post office and got one no problem! But who wants to go through that!!. They take your finger prints and photo for the ID you get to see it just before they collect it again-lol-!!! You also get info on Health and differed conpensation to go over and have with you when you report to FBF. Birth certificates have to be original!!! Pasports where good also instead. Everything you wrote in your 20 page book has to jive with what you already told them if not they call you out and you have to correct it. But no biggie. Remember to inital all the pages at the bottom and the last page that you sign wheter you have additional paper attached and such have to be filled in and the date.
Last Good luck to all going in the next few days and in Aug class not able to find out any deffinate # on were they were or who was called but they said 100 for each class!!!!!!!!!! See you all at FBF

no joe its august 11th the second class

Old 06-17-2008, 06:27 PM

by the way dems i think i congratulated u and joe8....grapes congrats....theriches congrats....didnt see u guys after the fact......and sal and whoever else going in goodluck gents

Old 06-17-2008, 06:47 PM

26 posts, read 56,237 times
Fbf New Hire Classes Always Begin On A Monday. Whatever The Date In August Will Be A Monday. Classes Run 6am To 2pm. Give Yourself Time To Get There By 530am. You Can Not Park At The Training Center. There Is A Parking Lot At The Entrance To Fbf And Dsny Buses Will Shuttle You To The Training Facility.last Bus Is About 550am. If You Take Mass Transit There Is No Train But A Bus Stops At Entrance To Fbf.

Old 06-17-2008, 06:49 PM

656 posts, read 1,412,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QW1GUY View Post
Fbf New Hire Classes Always Begin On A Monday. Whatever The Date In August Will Be A Monday. Classes Run 6am To 2pm. Give Yourself Time To Get There By 530am. You Can Not Park At The Training Center. There Is A Parking Lot At The Entrance To Fbf And Dsny Buses Will Shuttle You To The Training Facility.last Bus Is About 550am. If You Take Mass Transit There Is No Train But A Bus Stops At Entrance To Fbf.

hmm thats interesting...they let us park at the training center for CDL

Old 06-17-2008, 06:57 PM

26 posts, read 56,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekuai View Post
hmm Thats Interesting...they Let Us Park At The Training Center For Cdl
I Went To Fbf 3 Years Ago. They Might Have Cut The Shuttle Buses To Save Fuel. But They Still Had Them For Last Years Classes.

Old 06-17-2008, 07:08 PM

193 posts, read 394,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vituccio13 View Post
no joe its august 11th the second class
Yea I thought so but grapes threw me off when he said the 6th becaause thats what the cheif of training said but he wasn't sure the 11th is correct though.

P.S. anyone from SI that wants to carpool to FBF send me a direct message with your phone # and we'll get together we have 3 so far.

Old 06-17-2008, 07:08 PM

257 posts, read 507,881 times
you guys know wuts pretty cool i just google maped my road test site and you can get a 360 degree street view of pretty much the whole test now im tryin to remember which streets i went down lol to map it out................. i will be making copies and selling them for 5$...... lol nah im goin down there with my car tomorrow so i know all those dammn blocks

Old 06-17-2008, 07:25 PM

656 posts, read 1,412,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe8 View Post
Yea I thought so but grapes threw me off when he said the 6th becaause thats what the cheif of training said but he wasn't sure the 11th is correct though.

P.S. anyone from SI that wants to carpool to FBF send me a direct message with your phone # and we'll get together we have 3 so far.
pm sent!

high gas prices + toll = bad
carpool = good idea!

Old 06-17-2008, 07:51 PM

93 posts, read 177,426 times
Good Luck to those people (bklyn) taking their road test tomorrow at SI. I passed my road test today, it wasn't to bad got 10 points off for not being in the intersection while waiting to make a left turn, it just was a long day! DO I need to call DCAS and let them know that I passed my road test? Congrats to all the guys moving on.

Old 06-17-2008, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMANHB View Post
Good Luck to those people (bklyn) taking their road test tomorrow at SI. I passed my road test today, it wasn't to bad got 10 points off for not being in the intersection while waiting to make a left turn, it just was a long day! DO I need to call DCAS and let them know that I passed my road test? Congrats to all the guys moving on.

congrats gman....thanks...dsny usually calls them right on the spot at the road test site...but it def dont hurt to call tomorrow and make sure..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City