Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 02:34 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,695,888 times

Advertisements

I have no sympathy. I really couldn't careless. People die everyday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2015, 03:23 AM

5,406 posts, read 3,602,806 times
NO sympathy whatsoever-use drugs at your peril.

Old 04-02-2015, 07:33 AM

35,070 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I am not sure why you post things like this at all.

Any death, no matter how it became, is a tragedy to SOMEONE. No one is a saint in life, for we are mere humans.

If I lost one of my children, no matter how it happened, it would be a severe tragedy in my life. It would be something that I don't think I could ever ever get over.

You don't need to show sympathy to the person who dies, she is gone. She is not here on earth feeling your sympathy.

Can you imagine how your smug attitude and look over their daughter feels to her parents?
Exactly. Mourning a senseless death does not mean approving its cause.

Old 04-02-2015, 07:43 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,367,350 times
Sadly even in death there's judgment.

Old 04-02-2015, 07:44 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
I have sympathy. Teens do stupid things, does not mean they should die over it too early.

Old 04-02-2015, 08:25 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I have sympathy. Teens do stupid things,
does not mean they should die over it too early.
I was a teen and many of my friends were! Haha ...we did dumb things...came
from troubled homes...had problems...too much for a kid to cope with.

Of course, I have sympathy for all involved!

Am sorry I came to read other posts that did not...very discouraging for the human race,
human evolvement, the human heart,
compassion, empathy, kindness, understanding of kids and troubled homes....
did I get everything?

Old 04-02-2015, 12:19 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,745,974 times
She's a KID for God's sake! Where's your humanity??

Old 04-02-2015, 05:41 PM

1,134 posts, read 1,124,538 times
I'm the mother of a 21 y/o that 4 days after his birthday was drinking and took something "Over the Counter" which caused him to die. The cause of his death was "toxic poisoning due to combination of booze and morphine. I called the coroner regarding the morphine and he told me that it could have been anything that had a pain reliever in it. The body breaks down the chemicals and it goes back to it's original form which was morphine.

He did OTC drugs because he was in the Navy and those drugs don't show up on a drug test. I had had the drug talks with my kids many times. I was stupid when I was young and did do illegal drugs and I didn't want my kids to make the same stupid mistakes that I made when I was young. Sue me... I was young and dumb!

Yes, my son made a stupid mistake, but I realize it was a mistake and I could have been in his shoes 30 some years ago.

How many of you perfect adults drink and the go and take a pain pill or a nerve pill? Do you really think they don't have negative effects on you? I know a lot of adults that drink and then pop a muscle relaxer or take several aspirin or motrin to prevent a hangover.

Because she took an illegal drug as opposed to an OTC drug, does my son deserve sympathy and she does not?

My parents never had a clue as to when I was high as it wasn't discussed back then.

I almost did die when I was in my 20's due to a chemical reaction in the drug. I was lucky to have has a friend that was a nurse anesthetist that told me to take benadryl. All I can say is I was stupid.

My son has tributes and he was well liked and was a helpful person that had many accomplishments.

The people here that are bashing this girl remind me of a man that I dated that told me his daughter NEVER lied to him and she was in her 20's... gimme a break!

This girl doesn't deserve to be bashed by you perfect judges. She made a mistake and we all do that from time to time. It was an illegal drug. We live in a country where illegal drugs are within anyone's reach. She made a poor choice and suffered the consequences of that choice. Have you never made poor choices that could have resulted in your or someone else's death?

Why don't you educate yourselves on the OTC drugs of today or the prescription drugs that we keep in our medicine cabinets that today's kids are experimenting with. Those are a big problem in today's society with kids. Do they make it more acceptable because they're not "illegal"?

I'm sure this girl or her family wouldn't want anything from those of you sitting in judgement of her.

To the many compassionate posters, good for you for realizing that mistakes happen.

I just hope the other ones that are bashing aren't the ones driving drunk and killing innocent people, but that would be acceptable because alcohol is legal, right?

My son made a mistake and I surely don't expect sympathy from anyone that didn't know or love him.

Wouldn't it be nice if life were so cut and dry as a few of you think it is. It must be nice to be perfect.

Old 04-02-2015, 05:44 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
I have some for the girl. But I have a great deal more for the parents. I cannot imagine the agony that comes from losing a child.

Anybody with an IQ above that of a rhesus monkey knows that drugs can kill you. But there's an enormous difference between intelligence and wisdom.

Old 04-03-2015, 06:21 PM

32,650 posts, read 48,040,180 times
I have sympathy for the parents and relatives. It's difficult to lose a child.

Whether or not I feel much sympathy for the kid depends upon whether she voluntarily took the drugs or some predator spiked her drink to take advantage of her.

Really, things like that get 15 seconds on the news and don't receive much attention. Unless I know the family personally, I wouldn't even notice that the kid had died.

The government has done a lot to invalidate darwinism, but sometimes survival of the fittest still works. Sometimes people are too dumb or too foolish or too self-indulgent to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships