Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 07:24 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagokid View Post
" be roommates"? Is this the bed thing again. Contrary to what you might think I'm not a total slob. Can we all agree that she goes overboard when it comes to girls?
Nope.

You keep deflecting here, constantly trying to avoid the reality that many of us keep pointing out....

bottom line - no ifs, ands or buts -

her house, her rules

when you can pay your own way in life completely - THEN you get to make your own rules
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2013, 07:27 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Quote:
" be roommates"? Is this the bed thing again. Contrary to what you might think I'm not a total slob. Can we all agree that she goes overboard when it comes to girls?
Maybe she does go overboard and as soon as you're in a position to pay your own way for everything, you might want to consider getting out. Until then though, you've got a pretty good deal. Free place to live, free utilities, even your parents don't have to pay your way.

I think you should just put up with it, get finished with school, get a job and move out and be on your own. It's only temporary.

Old 10-27-2013, 07:37 PM

84 posts, read 112,640 times
4 years is temporary? Look we're family and I love her and stuff, but we havent spoken since i got home from " drinking"

Old 10-27-2013, 07:48 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,181,169 times
Quote:
4 years is temporary? Look we're family and I love her and stuff, but we havent spoken since i got home from " drinking"
You aren't going to convince anyone here that you are right. Pay half the rent, and she will have no right to tell you what to do.

Old 10-27-2013, 07:48 PM

2,098 posts, read 2,502,178 times
Quote:
@kitkat. I suppose your also okay with her giving an opinion on the girls I go on dates with and asking me for syllabuses so she can stay on top of me academically? Before I can bring a girl over, my cousin has to meet her first and ( on her own time) look on the girl's twitter and Facebook
Well she sounds pretty old-school on that one, but it's kind of beside the point. If you accept money, if you let your parents pay for college, they are interested in your grades... hence the syllabi perusing and her demanding you study well. If you want to bring girls over to HER apartment, she's interested in who they are.

Don't like it? Move out or stop whining. You have it SO easy.

Old 10-27-2013, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkatbar View Post
. If you want to bring girls over to HER apartment, she's interested in who they are.
There's interested and then there's creepy. Looking through 90% of the girls FB statuses and tweets is creepy. Interested is " Oh, you're an xyz major, what career field are you interested in?"

Old 10-27-2013, 07:53 PM

885 posts, read 1,882,302 times
Quote:
There's interested and then there's creepy. Looking through 90% of the girls FB statuses and tweets is creepy. Interested is " Oh, you're an xyz major, what career field are you interested in?"
It's her place dude. She doesn't want some maniac coming over. I completely agree. Everything they post is public... she's just trying to sort out the bs.

Old 10-27-2013, 07:55 PM

I'm not inviting inmates from the women's prison over to the apartment. They're 19 year old college girls.

Old 10-27-2013, 07:57 PM

885 posts, read 1,882,302 times
Quote:
I'm not inviting inmates from the women's prison over to the apartment. They're 19 year old college girls.
It's a person, who cares what age, that you are inviting over to have sexual relations with. Don't like it? Don't invite them over.. there's plenty of other places to do that..

Old 10-27-2013, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazah1080 View Post
It's a person, who cares what age, that you are inviting over to have sexual relations with. Don't like it? Don't invite them over.. there's plenty of other places to do that..
we're not having relations. There's a cycle: She comes over, gets interrogated, cousin goes to her room, date and I watch netflix, she leaves, cousin tells me why she doesn't like the girl or why she feels the girl isn't good enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships