Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2013, 08:42 PM

2,098 posts, read 2,502,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagokid View Post
I'll admit I wasn't very mature, but isn't compromise a sign of maturity? so she should compromise. Drop the grounding and the new chores and I'll step my game up academically and chore wise. I'll also spend Saturday nights at 1 in the morning listening as to why ( insert girl's name here) is a horrible untrustworthy girl who is using you.
She has no reason to compromise. You're not getting that. People compromise when they both hold some of the power and need to find a solution both can live with. You have no power because you're paying for nothing and living off of her hard-earned money, so there's zero reason to bother compromising with you.

Your proposal is that if she drops the punishment, you'll do what you were supposed to be doing in the first place. That gains her nothing. Here's a proposal: stop making excuses. Go to class, do your work and bring home A's. Don't get drunk, do your chores without being told and learn to be a man, so that when you do leave her house someday, you'll have learned something. Not only could these lessons help you just in general, they will also prepare you to be in a relationship one day. You think women really want a man who has to be threatened to lift a finger around the house? Who is fine with mediocre work? Who thinks he is entitled to everything without paying for it. If you're smart, you'll ignore that you don't like the delivery of these lessons and learn from them anyway.

Again, you don't like the girl advice? Don't bring your dates home. You bring this all on yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2013, 08:43 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,929,208 times
Quote:
exactly, which is why if I ever become a father, my son/daughter won't be grounded for having 3 drinks
It does NOT matter how many drinks. It matters that you are 19 and not legal to drink. Even ONE drink in this situation is too many.

You are ignoring the fact that unless you move out and pay your own way, you have to abide by your parent's and your cousin's rules.

I do believe she should not be commenting on the girls you are dating. And, btw, don't these girls have their own apartments (with or without roommates) where you could *chill?*

Old 10-27-2013, 08:45 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
exactly, which is why if I ever become a father, my son/daughter won't be grounded for having 3 drinks
Yeah, Ok.

Print this out and put it away until then. Then read it and see how you feel about it, Dad.

Old 10-27-2013, 08:46 PM

84 posts, read 112,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkatbar View Post
Here's a proposal: stop making excuses. Go to class, do your work and bring home A's. Don't get drunk. You think women really want a man who has to be threatened to lift a finger around the house? Who is fine with mediocre work? Who thinks he is entitled to everything without paying for it. If you're smart, you'll ignore that you don't like the delivery of these lessons and learn from them anyway.

Again, you don't like the girl advice? Don't bring your dates home. You bring this all on yourself.
I go to class everyday, i work hard, bring home good grades. I don't get drunk. I don't feel entitled to everything w/o paying for it. I'm not threatened to do house work either.

Old 10-27-2013, 08:47 PM

and she would give relationship advice whether i told her i was going on a date or not.

Old 10-27-2013, 08:48 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Life is hard. Life isn't fair. No one has to compromise with the 19-year old who was raised by spineless parents.

Get a helmet.

BTW: Your competition for future employment is NOT on the internet complaining, making circular arguments and attempting to manipulate people. They're hitting the books to ace mid-terms. That's very comforting to me. I LIKE knowing the people who will be in charge of nuclear power plants in 20 years will know which switches to pull in case the core overheats.

Old 10-27-2013, 08:51 PM

even if I did put in extra effort and stuff, I don't she'd acknowledge it.

Old 10-27-2013, 08:54 PM

2,098 posts, read 2,502,545 times
Quote:
I go to class everyday, i work hard, bring home good grades. I don't get drunk. I don't feel entitled to everything w/o paying for it. I'm not threatened to do house work either.
Jumping out of a helicopter while taking enemy fire is hard.
Having a spouse with cancer while you take care of three young children is hard.
Getting laid off when you have a mortgage and a family to support is hard.
Losing a limb in an accident and having to relearn basic life tasks is hard.

You're complaining about:

1. Having to make your bed before leaving the house
2. Not being allowed to drink when you're underage
3. Not being allowed access to the phone/TV (that she pays for) when you break the house rules

Can you see how your argument is coming off as petty in the grand scheme?

Old 10-27-2013, 08:57 PM

I know its petty and I've been through some stuff in my life believe it or not, that makes other people's stuff seem petty.

Old 10-27-2013, 09:07 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,029,826 times
Quote:
" be roommates"? Is this the bed thing again.
No... Roommates would be when both (or all) people living in the home chip in for shared living expenses (rent, cable, phone, electricity, etc...). Being someone's roommate has nothing to do with your bed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships